Thread: Setting up a H2H schedule - HELP!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Setting up a H2H schedule - HELP!!!

Not sure if this is the right thread on DH but here goes:

I'm trying to set up the H2H schedule for our yahoo league and its driving me crazy.

Is there an easy way to do this? Online software or something?

We have 14 teams, 2 divisions. I want Div 1 teams to play Div 2 teams once, then play 4 of the 6 intradivisional teams twice, and the other 2 intradivisional teams 3 times.

Trying to do it in excel but getting nowhere.

...as much REP as I can give. I'll even search your posts elsewhere!
    12 team H2H Keep 10
    G A +/- PIM STP PIM HIT BLK / W GAA SV SV% SO
    12F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

F: Ovechkin, Mackinnon, Wheeler, E.Kane, Athanasiou, Duchene, JVR, Nyqvist, Buchnevich, DeBrusk, Galchenyuk, Crouse
    D: Josi, Subban, Barrie, Yandle, Nurse, Edler, Schultz
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well at a minimum you have to have at least 1 interdivisional match in every week of the schedule, which helps you deal with the odd number of teams in each division. So you can plug those into your schedule. That leaves you with 24 matches of interdivisional play to schedule - you have several options for scheduling these matches - but must never schedule only one of them in a week because that throws you back into uneven numbers for intradivisional play that week. I would keep it simple and schedule 2 additional interdivisional matches in 12 different weeks say the even number weeks 2,4,...24. That takes care of you interdivisional play.

The rest should be relatively easy to plug in intradivisional play. Plugging the teams you have left unscheduled in week to matchups making sure to comply with your wish to play 2 matches against 4 teams and 3 matches against 2 teams.

I dunno but in my head it looks like it should work.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think I have it figured out for you Blammo - got all the interdivisional matches inserted in the schedule on a spreadsheet - just a matter of putting in the divisional play now, per your specs.

Hmmmm, well maybe not so simple. I will plug away and let you know.
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by blammo View Post
    We have 14 teams, 2 divisions. I want Div 1 teams to play Div 2 teams once, then play 4 of the 6 intradivisional teams twice, and the other 2 intradivisional teams 3 times.
    Actually you will have all your intradivisional teams playing each other 3 times each for a balanced schedule - I am assuming a 25 week schedule. 7 games against the other division, so that leaves 18 against your own division and with 6 opponents that means 3 games each.

I have nearly finished the schedule for 1 division - a minor (I hope) glitch. EDIT: Fixed it - only thing I don't like is I have 2 sets of b2b's, might be fixable, but the schedule works as required if you ignore that. Going to push onto the next division now.
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 19, 2013 at 1:22 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well I think it's done - the second division only has 1 B2B - take a look at this screenshot to get an idea - I can email the file if you PM your email address.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1035974...eptember192013
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 19, 2013 at 2:39 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If Shoeless' schedule doesn't come through, you can try this link:

http://schedules.footballguys.com/index.php?teams=14
    2nd last item may work for you.

This would apply for a standard 22-week Yahoo regular season.
    3-week playoffs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks Sholess but the link isnt working for me - could you repost?

Pengwin - the double header schedule actally set up 44 weeks so i cant use it. what I am going to try is the 17 week schedule and then see if I can fill in the rest to make it work - awesome link though thanks!
    12 team H2H Keep 10
    G A +/- PIM STP PIM HIT BLK / W GAA SV SV% SO
    12F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

F: Ovechkin, Mackinnon, Wheeler, E.Kane, Athanasiou, Duchene, JVR, Nyqvist, Buchnevich, DeBrusk, Galchenyuk, Crouse
    D: Josi, Subban, Barrie, Yandle, Nurse, Edler, Schultz
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by blammo View Post
    Thanks Sholess but the link isnt working for me - could you repost?

Pengwin - the double header schedule actally set up 44 weeks so i cant use it. what I am going to try is the 17 week schedule and then see if I can fill in the rest to make it work - awesome link though thanks!
    Sent you the file, Blammo.

25 week schedule with 7 games out of division and then 18 games in division - 3 against each division rival.

Hope it helps.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If Shoeless' schedule doesn't come through, you can try this link:

http://schedules.footballguys.com/index.php?teams=14
    2nd last item may work for you.

This would apply for a standard 22-week Yahoo regular season.
    3-week playoffs.
    I was just about to reply with this...terrific resource. I used it to set up my league's schedule. Sucks that you still have to input it manually into Yahoo but all it takes is just copying over what the site creates for you. Handy for sure.