Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did Del Zotto Piss In Tortorella's Corn Flakes?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Did Del Zotto Piss In Tortorella's Corn Flakes?

Why is his ice time WAY DOWN? And no power play time?? WTF?
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Wizard

He took a dump in them............

Dobber Sports Star

Could ask Brian Boyle the same thing. Gotta play up to Torts standards or you're f'd.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Wizard

with the rangers anemic power play del zotto is really not a better option than any of the rangers other defensemen so it looks like he has been taken off the power play

Dobber Sports Veteran

Torts is an arrogant ass. His team is full of superstars and yet he plays them 16 minutes a game. Gaborik got 4 points on January 26th against the Leafs. His last three games he has played 14, 18 and 18 minutes and has 0 points in those games. Brad Richards last three games has been 15, 18 and 19 minutes. Torts feels that he knows hockey better than the guys who are paid to play. So he'll sit them if they don't play the way he wants them too. The Rangers will never win anything imo, with him as their coach.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Torts is an arrogant ass. His team is full of superstars and yet he plays them 16 minutes a game. Gaborik got 4 points on January 26th against the Leafs. His last three games he has played 14, 18 and 18 minutes and has 0 points in those games. Brad Richards last three games has been 15, 18 and 19 minutes. Torts feels that he knows hockey better than the guys who are paid to play. So he'll sit them if they don't play the way he wants them too. The Rangers will never win anything imo, with him as their coach.
    look i absolutely loathe torts for too many reasons to list but you are way off base here imo

gaborik has 1 point in the last 7 games and richards has 3 points in the last 7 games if thats kreider or one of the kids they would be watching the game from the stands i applaud this limited accountability for these soft superstar players who think their jobs are safe

if they want more ice time let them put some points up on the board if not their asses should be stapled to the bench

let someone who is hungry play the game gaborik and richards just arent hungry and the addition of nash has made that painfully obvious

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    look i absolutely loathe torts for too many reasons to list but you are way off base here imo

gaborik has 1 point in the last 7 games and richards has 3 points in the last 7 games if thats kreider or one of the kids they would be watching the game from the stands i applaud this limited accountability for these soft superstar players who think their jobs are safe

if they want more ice time let them put some points up on the board if not their asses should be stapled to the bench

let someone who is hungry play the game gaborik and richards just arent hungry and the addition of nash has made that painfully obvious
    I'm fine with those lazy asses doing nothing, it just means more quality time for Cally (who Torts loves and who I own)

Dobber Sports Veteran

^^^ I hear ya on that one! I own Cally in both my keeper and one-year, multi cat leagues that count BS, hits, shp and laughed when Richard went in the 2nd round and I got Callahan in the 13th round.

On the other hand, I just traded for MDZ in my keeper and would like to see some production out of him sometime soon......not too worried though, once Torts' crusades are short-term and in the long-term I think MDZ will be a multi-cat offensive stud.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not a Richards fan at all, nor Gaborik. And I too feel that they are both lazy asses. But to strap their asses to the bench is wrong imo, at this point. You need everyone buying into the system. This is a sprint to the finish. So get them out there and even if they are lazy, they should still give you an opportunity to win. Now, if it continues, for much longer than 5 games, then do it. But this is too early imo.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'm not a Richards fan at all, nor Gaborik. And I too feel that they are both lazy asses. But to strap their asses to the bench is wrong imo, at this point. You need everyone buying into the system. This is a sprint to the finish. So get them out there and even if they are lazy, they should still give you an opportunity to win. Now, if it continues, for much longer than 5 games, then do it. But this is too early imo.
    gaborik has been on the team for more than one season and richards is in his second with the rangers but has been with torts before how long do you give them to buy into the system

also you say much longer than 5 games they havent done shit in the last 7 thats plenty more than 5 games

its not that hard really if they are such studs they should try scoring to get more ice time or at least show an inclination to get dirty a little bit

and if they arent good enough to do that then i dont understand why they are so necessary for the team to win

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Rangers will never win anything imo, with him as their coach.
    Just like the Lightning would never win anything with him as their coach?
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Torts has a cup ring. He knows what it takes to win and how to push a team.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't know, I watched Richards the entire time he was in Dallas (not to mention when he was winning the Conn Smythe with the Lightning), and he has never once struck me as either lazy or unmotivated.

If he's become that way in NY, I'm going to say there's something else at work there. I just think there are chemistry issues involved. It's not just one guy or a couple of guys. That entire team is not playing as well as they should.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't know, I watched Richards the entire time he was in Dallas (not to mention when he was winning the Conn Smythe with the Lightning), and he has never once struck me as either lazy or unmotivated.

If he's become that way in NY, I'm going to say there's something else at work there. I just think there are chemistry issues involved. It's not just one guy or a couple of guys. That entire team is not playing as well as they should.
    I agree. It's like that Malcolm line from Jurassic Park:

"You were busy wondering if you could sign all these players that you never stopped to think if you should."
    10 rounds of drafting

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Just like the Lightning would never win anything with him as their coach?
    That's part of the problem. He does have a cup and to me it looks like that gives him to much credibility. He's not Scotty Bowman, he's a coach who had a great team and put it all together and won. Now he has a mediocre team and he can't coach it well imo.
    10 rounds of drafting