Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Random thoughts

What?!??? Everything I know is a lie. Up is down, black is white, the Montreal Canadiens don't suck?!?!

I need a drink

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    The even more "credible" explanation would be that it's God's punishment for electing Trump
    "The most powerful Atlantic Ocean hurricane in recorded history..."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/hurrica...rida-1.4276642

Maybe he's sending a big message that climate change is real? Think that ever occurred to her? The big G is really high on signs from what I've heard.

Funny how a lot of people end up praying and wallowing in religious worship when violent, destructive and deadly 'acts of god' happen. Hell they're even thanking him. Stockholm Syndrome? I dunno.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Master

The hilarious part is that in Obama's 8yrs only one hurricane to have hit Cat 4 or Cat 5 ever made landfall in the US... (Matthew, last year, it was down to a 2 when it landed).

Bush had 3 former Cat 5 hurricanes hit the US in 1 year... can Trump beat him?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Titan

Sucks for Florida residents because they won't get anywhere near what Houston got in donations.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Went on a trip and usually it's hard for me to drive any long distance, an hour in I usually start to feel tingling in my head and a bit of shakiness. Did some research on this a little bit and some say it could be due to poor circulation/blood pressure related. I went to the doctor for this a number of times and each time he said there is nothing physically wrong with me which was frustrating to hear, it's like he didn't believe my symptoms or something. Any hoo I had my first drink in about 10 months, had a double vodka and diet coke and that was it. Had a good sleep that night then was dreading the drive home because everytime I go on the road it gets hard for me, some times I ask the driver to pull over so I can get out, stretch and move around until i feel better. This was the first time in years that I went on a 3 hour drive and I felt fine, it's hard to explain, like normally on a long drive I'll be looking down the highway and I almost get a feeling like I want to pass out so I have been avoiding travelling at all costs lately. I did notice that taking a drink relaxed me a tonne and so I looked up the benefits of vodka (in moderation) and it says its great for better blood circulation and prevention of heart attacks. I know if I consume too much caffeine or too much alcohol then I feel the exact same way (shakiness/tingling sensation) which is why I quit alcohol altogether 10 months ago after one night I drank 11-12 drinks and the shakiness/tingling sensations worsened but am going to try it in moderation (1.5-3oz) for awhile and see how I feel but to me it was the greatest feeling in the world being able to drive somewhere without having that feeling. It's been about 4 years since I been able to drive a long distance and just feel fine when I drive so am hoping it stays this way!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Went on a trip and usually it's hard for me to drive any long distance, an hour in I usually start to feel tingling in my head and a bit of shakiness. Did some research on this a little bit and some say it could be due to poor circulation/blood pressure related. I went to the doctor for this a number of times and each time he said there is nothing physically wrong with me which was frustrating to hear, it's like he didn't believe my symptoms or something. Any hoo I had my first drink in about 10 months, had a double vodka and diet coke and that was it. Had a good sleep that night then was dreading the drive home because everytime I go on the road it gets hard for me, some times I ask the driver to pull over so I can get out, stretch and move around until i feel better. This was the first time in years that I went on a 3 hour drive and I felt fine, it's hard to explain, like normally on a long drive I'll be looking down the highway and I almost get a feeling like I want to pass out so I have been avoiding travelling at all costs lately. I did notice that taking a drink relaxed me a tonne and so I looked up the benefits of vodka (in moderation) and it says its great for better blood circulation and prevention of heart attacks. I know if I consume too much caffeine or too much alcohol then I feel the exact same way (shakiness/tingling sensation) which is why I quit alcohol altogether 10 months ago after one night I drank 11-12 drinks and the shakiness/tingling sensations worsened but am going to try it in moderation (1.5-3oz) for awhile and see how I feel but to me it was the greatest feeling in the world being able to drive somewhere without having that feeling. It's been about 4 years since I been able to drive a long distance and just feel fine when I drive so am hoping it stays this way!
    I don't think this has much to do with the vodka SM... clearly your body is reacting to you taking care of it with your new healthy eating habits and your exercise regiment.

Next time you are in a car for an extended period of time, try taking ginger or Gravol (a type of non-medicinal pill) to see if the issues might stem from basic "car-sickness".

Anyways, glad you're doing better buddy!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I don't think this has much to do with the vodka SM... clearly your body is reacting to you taking care of it with your new healthy eating habits and your exercise regiment.

Next time you are in a car for an extended period of time, try taking ginger or Gravol (a type of non-medicinal pill) to see if the issues might stem from basic "car-sickness".

Anyways, glad you're doing better buddy!
    Thanks Bass! I did gain about 5 lbs (still around same weight currently) during the evacuation, at first i was doing good then it all went downhill near the end. But I do feel better.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks Bass! I did gain about 5 lbs (still around same weight currently) during the evacuation, at first i was doing good then it all went downhill near the end. But I do feel better.
    Hehe, notice how I didn't talk about weight loss! I know what you've been going through with the evacuation and all; that can't be easy for anyone! Just make sure you don't forget about all the progress you made, especially in regards to habits (eating healthy, exercising, being motivated).
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Monster

Hehe, notice how I didn't talk about weight loss! I know what you've been going through with the evacuation and all; that can't be easy for anyone! Just make sure you don't forget about all the progress you made, especially in regards to habits (eating healthy, exercising, being motivated).
    and working on hockey pools! lol. am going to school again so keeping busy as well which is good.

Dobber Sports Giant

and working on hockey pools! lol. am going to school again so keeping busy as well which is good.
    Speaking of hockey pools, did you make a list of top goalies for the upcoming season? I saw your player lists but didn't see if you had done the goalies as well...

Minors:

Dobber Sports Monster

Speaking of hockey pools, did you make a list of top goalies for the upcoming season? I saw your player lists but didn't see if you had done the goalies as well...
    yes for wins i ranked top 31 and is on my google docs

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...Hockey-Preview

Dobber Sports Monster

Was watching one of Daniel Negreanu's videos and said he listens to Dobber Prospects radio. Heres the video already time stamped where he says it

https://youtu.be/tEBuzJ4-yXU?t=3m11s

The Magnificent One

Was watching one of Daniel Negreanu's videos and said he listens to Dobber Prospects radio. Heres the video already time stamped where he says it

https://youtu.be/tEBuzJ4-yXU?t=3m11s
    Well I'll be - sometimes I wonder if anyone "famous" reads my column, or even one of the players himself. I figure it's bound to have happened, but I'll never know.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Well I'll be - sometimes I wonder if anyone "famous" reads my column, or even one of the players himself. I figure it's bound to have happened, but I'll never know.
    Heck maybe he posts here? Who knows .... he loves hockey and said he does a lot of research .... ya never know

Dobber Sports Pro

Websites that auto-play commercials get added to a list in my head of websites ill never visit again.
    Looking at you Sportsnet.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer