Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 6

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2016 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You're planning to set the draft order early, like last year yes?
    Yes, lets do that as soon as we get all 14 in.
    We are waiting on Southpaw20/NickPorter.
    I sent the invite - and he's still included in the Tier II group - just gotta get him to fill out his spot.

The Wolverine

We have 14! Let's get the party started!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yes, lets do that as soon as we get all 14 in.
    We are waiting on Southpaw20/NickPorter.
    I sent the invite - and he's still included in the Tier II group - just gotta get him to fill out his spot.
    Im going away this weekend and will be grossly intoxicated pretty much all of it.

If you are planning on drafting early, can we at least wait until next week??
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im going away this weekend and will be grossly intoxicated pretty much all of it.

If you are planning on drafting early, can we at least wait until next week??
    We're not drafting early. It was to get the draft order done early.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    We're not drafting early. It was to get the draft order done early.
    Thanks. I dont have any pre-draft rankings done yet. I am on vacation next week so that was going to be my time to start working on it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thanks. I dont have any pre-draft rankings done yet. I am on vacation next week so that was going to be my time to start working on it.
    I haven't done much either - just started. The draft is set for August 28th (on the league page).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Preliminary draft list done. Now comes the "watch training camp for news" phase and tweaking of positional rankings. Once we find out our draft position, then I can get to work on some stragedy, a word I often use to describe my drafts, one part strategy, one part tragedy...now, where should I draft Peyton Manning...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Wolverine

12th pick...should be interesting who's available.

Getting my rankings done just in case I'm too tired by the time the draft rolls around! Want to make it but 11pm my time you never know!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'll have to warn you guys...
    I've "fast mocked" about 40-50 times now...
    Let me just say I'm drafting 1100pt A+ teams...
    Get ready!
    Straight to the top this year!!!!

Pretty happy about my #4 spot because there's a top 6 players I'd love ANY of... and I'll get to choose from 3 of them!!

The Wolverine

I'll have to warn you guys...
    I've "fast mocked" about 40-50 times now...
    Let me just say I'm drafting 1100pt A+ teams...
    Get ready!
    Straight to the top this year!!!!

Pretty happy about my #4 spot because there's a top 6 players I'd love ANY of... and I'll get to choose from 3 of them!!
    Yeah I wonder if I've been on the same site. I've fast mocked a few times and they have all been at least A grade. Interesting. Not to take away anything from your fast mocking skills, of course. Next time I should draft all kickers and see how it rates my team!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yeah I wonder if I've been on the same site. I've fast mocked a few times and they have all been at least A grade. Interesting. Not to take away anything from your fast mocking skills, of course. Next time I should draft all kickers and see how it rates my team!
    Likely we are using the same website. You kind of get thrown there by a bunch of different links.
    If I "autodraft" out of the 4 position, I always end up with an "A" grade and some score in the low 1000s.
    I've been able to consistently get an A+ though and into the 1050-1100 range by using some of my own tactics.

Of course, a lot of strategy is knowing how your league will drift... and part of that is realizing that many of use the same tools.
    So zigging, while others zag, can be critical. Can't say I have that knack... for fantasy football.
    But I try - to give away one of my (typical) pre-draft strategies away - much like fantasy hockey where I don't draft goalies early, I also won't draft a QB early.
    It'll be round 8, at earliest, when you see my go after a QB.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Likely we are using the same website. You kind of get thrown there by a bunch of different links.
    If I "autodraft" out of the 4 position, I always end up with an "A" grade and some score in the low 1000s.
    I've been able to consistently get an A+ though and into the 1050-1100 range by using some of my own tactics.

Of course, a lot of strategy is knowing how your league will drift... and part of that is realizing that many of use the same tools.
    So zigging, while others zag, can be critical. Can't say I have that knack... for fantasy football.
    But I try - to give away one of my (typical) pre-draft strategies away - much like fantasy hockey where I don't draft goalies early, I also won't draft a QB early.
    It'll be round 8, at earliest, when you see my go after a QB.
    Biggest mistakes in fantasy football:

Having set strategy for drafting (IE "zero RB")
    Having a set round to wait on a position - if 20 QBs have been taken by round 6, waiting until round 8 isn't going to go well. Alternatively, if Andrew Luck is there in round 7, it's not necessarily prudent to wait until round 8.

As it is, you'll always get an A grade for autodrafting, because their grades are based on their ranks.You're going to get a bad grade for taking Tyler Lockett in the second round, but you don't care what your grade is if he finishes as the overall WR1 (not a good spot to take Lockett, will not finish WR1 lol).

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Alternatively though, I need to always do 2 sets of mock drafts.

The first, where I take who's normally available.

The second, where I have to pretend taking someone different, because I'm pretty sure who Bomm will take.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Having set strategy for drafting (IE "zero RB")
    I'm going 16-0 this year b!tches... without a running back!
    Take it to the (Carl) Banks!

ps. This is me practicing my trash-talking.

Dobber Sports Guru

I remember years ago in one of my money leagues (start two QBs and two RBs), a guy missed the draft and Yahoo autodrafted for him. It didn't select an RB until about the 10th round, and even then it was a guy who was injured and going to miss the season. He had to grab two scrubs off the waiver wire.

He ended up winning the championship. And this was before every squad was doing timeshares.

With so many timeshares now, I don't think you need to worry about an RB unless you get a top guy.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid