Thread: Studs & Duds - Thursday, 1/31

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Studs & Duds - Thursday, 1/31

Studs

Vanek
    Another fantastic night for Vanek. Can he keep it up? Not this pace, but point per game is definitely possible. Then again, I believe I heard this same talk last year. He exploded at the start and then slowed down as the season progressed. I’d sell high in H2H leagues. Slowdowns like that are not the medicine you need for fantasy playoffs.

Tarasenko
    This kid keeps doing it. Points in all but one game is definitely making Tarasenko look like the real deal. There is definitely merit to his experience playing the KHL against men. Horse race between him and Conacher for the Calder at this point.

LA Kings
    Studs? Perhaps not. But this is same sort of play that we saw from the Kings last year. We all know how that turned out in the end. I don’t know why we expect more offense from them.

Duds

Kipper-coaster
    Is this going to be another down season for Kipper? There’s a bit of a pattern with him over the last few seasons. Last night: 5 goals in 25 shots. Horrible. I’m not sure I’d trust him as my number 1.

Stastny turning the corner?
    Not likely. After a very sluggish start Stastny put up 2 goals last night. That’s the good . The bad is he scored two, his team scored five, and he still managed to get a -2. I don’t think he ever gets close to a point per game again.

Eric Tangradi
    He’s been given a wonderful opportunity on a line with Malkin and Neal and has done absolutely nothing with it. He's been bad enough that he was a scratch last night. With Boychuk on his way to town, I don’t think Tangradi will be given that opportunity again. Sell high, sell low, or get whatever you can for him (yes, a used eraser would be a decent return).
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Deity

Good write up but I dont think I would call the Calder a 2 horse race. JSchultz has to have some serious consideration at this early stage as well.

5pts in 7g. Playing over 22 min/g (the most on the Oilers). Not too shabby.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Good write up but I dont think I would call the Calder a 2 horse race. JSchultz has to have some serious consideration at this early stage as well.

5pts in 7g. Playing over 22 min/g (the most on the Oilers). Not too shabby.
    Oops. Definite oversight on my part. He's definitely in the conversation but I really see Tarasenko and Conacher and the top 2 right now.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...