Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: World Junior Sell High List

Dobber Sports Master

Default World Junior Sell High List

Just wondering if people might want to drop the names of players worth selling high on after these world junior championships. For obvious reasons this likely won't include the draft eligibles.

To start:
    Gaudreau
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Wizard

Gaudreau is the obvious one.....it's been kind of a weird tournament this year, no one has really "gone off" scoring-wise.

Maybe Trouba is another one to add to the list.....I love him as a prospect in real hockey, and he will have decent value in fantasy leagues. But he's the leading scorer among defensemen in the tournament and I just don't think his offense will ever carry over like these few games have hinted at.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kucherov. Not that I don't believe in him but his value may be inflated by his WJC performance.

JT Miller is another candidate if other owners are only looking at the stats.
    Last edited by jsuites; January 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Dobber Sports Veteran

Andrei Vasilevski, John Gibson, Malcolm Subban. As good as any of these might be... they are goalies so are a long way away and no guarentee to get there.

Remember the value of Jack Campbell when he was the starting goalie for the USA? Not that he is a bust or anything but that was 2 years ago and he is still a long way away from helping your fantasy roster.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I'll throw my hat in on Jake McCabe.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Administrator

I'm gonna flip this around and point out one player to not sell high on, Jacob Trouba. Of all the players to put on a good showing in this tournament Trouba is the truth. Once Byfuglien gets old and loses the athleticism to do what he does at his weight Trouba is going to be able to be a star for the Jets.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    Andrei Vasilevski, John Gibson, Malcolm Subban. As good as any of these might be... they are goalies so are a long way away and no guarentee to get there.

Remember the value of Jack Campbell when he was the starting goalie for the USA? Not that he is a bust or anything but that was 2 years ago and he is still a long way away from helping your fantasy roster.

Jack Campbell I never seen as a good goalie... Same as Justin Pogge... both were all hype in the National programs...

I don't think Vasilevski is over inflated... and in Tampa he has a better chance to crack the future line up more than Gibson and Subban... But I agree the other 2 are now... But I also agree he himself is not a guarentee...

Talking to Justin Goldman I asked him if he felt any Jrs could make the jump to the NHL like Mason and Price... Vasilevski was his only thought... (I shot it down with Lindback and Tokarski being the expected pairing next year), but I could see Tokarski starting in AHL again next year to see if Vasilevski can hack it with the NHLers... One thing I see in Vasilevski is that he is rather compact and plays a solid consistant style of game that gives trust to his teammates (very similer trait to Lundqvist and Price)... I feel an NHL defence very well could play infront of him and insulate him well through development...

I feel Yakupov has yet to impress me... and I dont feel he will be a driving force in Edmonton... I feel think he will more be a complimentry player, and eventually when he is going to be relied upon to be a force he will fail... Im feeling Edmonton should have gone Galchenyck or get a Murray... I'd likely sell high for a Point per game guy that is there now and will be for anouther several years and maybe a pick or prospect...

I also feel that JT Miller will be a legit scorer... just may take time to get there...

I'm starting to feel Scheifele is a sell high and Victor Rask...

Jon Gillies only played a bit in the WJC but being named backup for the team has put him on radars especially in the US (he may even get a shot again next year)... I don't feel he will get far quickly... and you could probebly sell him on the fact 'he was the USA backup and has great numbers starting in the NCAA...' I'd sell on him... for something closer... (i don't think many would own him right now tho)

Joonas Korpisalo we had high hopes for but he falls off the radar again...

My buy low list starts with Tobias Rieder... Like I talked about Yakupov being a complementry player, I feel in watching him in Kitchener and here in the WJC he will be a perfect one for the likes of Eberle, Nugent, Hall ect... With speed and an excellent shot/release for these gusy to work a puck too...

I really liked Collberg, and could see his value jump even more tommorrow...

Ville Pokka for Islanders D could be sooner than later... +10 on a team thats has given up 15 while only only scoring 15, and has been very smooth...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

maybe not a sell high exactly anymore (since i think he dropped in value since the tourny started), but ryan murphy looks horrid defensively and has been rough in the decision making area on offence. if it werent for spott i think he would have been benched and rielly given a more offensive role.

i just see him being hype and potential but not translating to the nhl as anymore then a bergeron-esque PP spe******t. Ritchie looked good this tourny as well. (first time i have seen him, not sure how his future looks but hes on the radar of poolies for sure now.)
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post

So true, good examples all. Goalies would be my move, especially in leagues w/farms.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

I've been saying this often, but definitely use the stand-out goalies as trade bait. They are not relevant for another 3-4 years at best and with most leagues having a fixed number of prospect slots it's tough to wait that long.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I've been saying this often, but definitely use the stand-out goalies as trade bait. They are not relevant for another 3-4 years at best and with most leagues having a fixed number of prospect slots it's tough to wait that long.
    Not to mention the odds of them turning into legit starters.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hey Bomm. What about Grigs? Legit?

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    Hey Bomm. What about Grigs? Legit?
    Longterm, yepper. He'll be first or second line. Big, physical center is just what the Regier ordered. Limited keeper I'd pass. In a 12+ team dynasty, points only he'd make a solid #3 with #2 upside. Multicat his value goes up.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'm gonna flip this around and point out one player to not sell high on, Jacob Trouba. Of all the players to put on a good showing in this tournament Trouba is the truth. Once Byfuglien gets old and loses the athleticism to do what he does at his weight Trouba is going to be able to be a star for the Jets.
    I agree with all of this, Trouba in my eyes has been the most impressive player at these World Juniors I am extremely impressed with him. I have always liked him and thought he would be a great defenceman and this tournament along with his start in the NCAA makes me think he may have more offensive upside then people originally gave him.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

Oh a name I forgot earlier.....Markus Granlund. He's not his brother, sell high.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar