Thread: GM Wants Monahan + Dumba

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default GM Wants Monahan + Dumba

GM in my league wants Monahan and Dumba, this was his offer:

Kyle Turris, Jonathan Marchessault, and Travis Hamonic for Monahan Dumba and Cliff Pu

I like Turris and Marchessault but I like Monahan and Dumba more plus Hamonic is having a pretty crappy season so it's a no for me.

Here are a few of the players that he has that I have interest in: RyJo, Matthews, Turris, Marchessault, Mantha, O'Reilly, Buchnevich, J Gauthier, Shinkaruk, Sprong, and Korpisalo.

Should I make a counter or just leave it as is? What combo should I offer if I do decide to counter?
    2017-2018 League Champion
    Salary Dynasty League 20 teams
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PPP-SHP-(+/-)-PIM-SOG-GWG-HITS-BLKS / W-L-OL-GA-SV-SO
    PLAYOFFS COINCIDE WITH NHL PLAYOFFS

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano
    D- Karlsson, Letang, Niskanen, Schultz, Dumoulin, Polak
    G- Binnington, Dubnyk, Bobrovsky

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala
    D: Djoos, Johansen, Cholowski, Zboril, Bowey, Niku, Pedan, Weegar
    G: Huska, Copley

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: GM Wants Monahan + Dumba

You're giving up the best player and the best defenceman. I don't like it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    You're giving up the best player and the best defenceman. I don't like it.
    I agree with that, I’m already saying no but if I can make a counter to get me one or more of the other players I mentioned, then I’m all for it.

He makes decent trade offers to other teams, not sure why he tries to dupe me…it never works

F- Gourde, E. Lindholm, R. Smith, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Draisaitl, Crosby, Labanc, Kerfoot, Haula, E. Kane, Aston-Reese, Vatrano

Minors:
    F: Erne, Saarela, Hannikainen, Hagel, F. Perron, Pollock, Ully, Amadio, Kotkov, Wallmark, Phillips, Pitlick, Haapala

Dobber Sports Jedi

RyJo, Mantha, Hamonic & Buchnevich would be my counter if that is the desired route.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    RyJo, Mantha, Hamonic & Buchnevich would be my counter if that is the desired route.
    That’s not a bad counter, getting RyJo would certainly give me a boost.

My only downside is losing the Dynamic Duo that Gaudreau and Monahan can certainly be. I think Mantha and Buchnevich will be solid producers. Just wish Hamonic was a tad better

Minors:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by xdmurda View Post
    That’s not a bad counter, getting RyJo would certainly give me a boost.

My only downside is losing the Dynamic Duo that Gaudreau and Monahan can certainly be. I think Mantha and Buchnevich will be solid producers. Just wish Hamonic was a tad better
    you would lose the duo... however you'd also lose prolonged stretches of two players not producing (see 1st half of this season). You give up a 30g 60+pt forward, but you get back a 50& 2 60+ forwards. Buchnevich, I have found is often an afterthought prospect that ownersdon’t mind tossing in. Even with his significant upside. It hasn’t beenrealized in his 1st season so it’s a beautiful opportunity to buylow on him. It’s been mentioned on these boards (by others) that he could leadthe Rangers in scoring as early as next year. In your set up, Hamonic does provide someperipheral value.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's tough to get people to up their offer that much, so I don't see him being close to interested in parting with Johansen to make it work.
    If it works for you then go for it, but I don't have much faith in it working out.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

you would lose the duo... however you'd also lose prolonged stretches of two players not producing (see 1st half of this season). You give up a 30g 60+pt forward, but you get back a 50& 2 60+ forwards. Buchnevich, I have found is often an afterthought prospect that ownersdon’t mind tossing in. Even with his significant upside. It hasn’t beenrealized in his 1st season so it’s a beautiful opportunity to buylow on him. It’s been mentioned on these boards (by others) that he could leadthe Rangers in scoring as early as next year. In your set up, Hamonic does provide someperipheral value.
    Solid points LucaFen! I didn't really think about Buchnevich being that big of a player but maybe he won't mind making the move. I think it'll be hard to come by getting RyJo but he's accepted low end offers before so who knows. If it works out, then that'd be great but time will tell.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It's tough to get people to up their offer that much, so I don't see him being close to interested in parting with Johansen to make it work.
    If it works for you then go for it, but I don't have much faith in it working out.
    probably not... but he can either pay, or go away

probably not... but he can either pay, or go away
    He declined saying that it would set him too far back during his rebuild (he’s currently 2nd to last in his conference).

Now he is asking the price for just Dumba so I am asking for Buchnevich+ for Dumba, see what he thinks on that. Keeps trying to push Turris and Hamonic on me for Dumba and Pu, and I don’t have an interest in that

Minors:

Dobber Sports Genius

What about Turris and Buchnevich for Dumba and Pu?

De Angelo could replace Dumba in your lineup
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).