Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Where will Fleury get traded?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Where will Fleury get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    What could they give? They only have Shipachyov and their entry draft picks. Do they give their high 2nd round pick? I'm just not sure that would make so much sense at this point. But I guess anything is possible.
    depending on backdoor deals/promises with other teams, LV could have several other picks/surprises stored up.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    depending on backdoor deals/promises with other teams, LV could have several other picks/surprises stored up.
    Even if that's the case, can they use them before the expansion draft? Have they actually acquired something before fulfilling their promise to select or not select someone?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Even if that's the case, can they use them before the expansion draft? Have they actually acquired something before fulfilling their promise to select or not select someone?
    Those trades are supposed to be registered with NHL central registry, like any other trade, and therefore will be announced prior to the expansion draft, at some point. Presumably after the expansion lists are submitted and prior to the expansion selections being announced.

Dobber Sports Jedi

we're also pre-supposing Fleury to LV is a done deal.. for all we know she could be visiting Calgary next week and Buffalo the following week, touring to determine the best family fit.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    we're also pre-supposing Fleury to LV is a done deal.. for all we know she could be visiting Calgary next week and Buffalo the following week, touring to determine the best family fit.
    Yeah, I'm not blindly believing any rumors. I'm just wondering is it even possible they offer those pieces in a deal prior to the expansion draft. That's all.

Dobber Sports Padawan

"There was some talk of it," Bishop told Hockey Central at Noon Monday. "From what I heard, they were thinking younger and a different direction. They're going to be a competitive team. I definitely would've thought of the option if it was there."

If in fact McPhee is thinking younger, from what the Bishop interview mentioned, then I wouldn't put too much faith in the Fleury rumours - since he is older than Bishop and all.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/v...e-free-agents/
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)