Thread: Jonathan Drouin

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Jonathan Drouin

What Drouin is doing in the Q is amazing! Can he make his NHL team next year (tbd) and make an impact?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

The Great One

you answered your own question....

Can he make his NHL team next year (tbd)

depends on the team that drafts him....

Administrator

Yeah it definitely depends on who drafts him. Some teams are more cautious than others. Huberdeau essentially made the Panthers last season but they sent him back to junior anyway. I suspect we could see a similar thing happen with Drouin. He's obviously got the talent to make the jump right away but could benefit from more time adding strength. Don't rule out the impact draft position can have as well. If Drouin goes first overall there's almost no way he doesn't make the leap. There's just too much pressure on NHL teams to get the first overall pick out there right away. The second or third pick might be easier to send back down.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I've seen plenty of Drouin this year (and MacKinnon for that matter) and he has looked fantastic. I've been beating his drum all season on these boards. His hands are sick sick sick. He has also proven with MacKinnon out with his injury that he doesnt rely on Nathan to produce. This kid is still lighting it up.

As far as answering your question, I'd be very surprised if he makes an NHL club next season simply due to his physical stature. He still has some bulk to put on before he can handle the NHL I believe. The skills are there but the size is still lacking. Tough to say what happens over the summer but I wouldnt be surprised to see him back in Halifax next season.

When the time comes this kid is going to be an electric NHL scorer, no matter what team drafts him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've seen plenty of Drouin this year (and MacKinnon for that matter) and he has looked fantastic. I've been beating his drum all season on these boards. His hands are sick sick sick. He has also proven with MacKinnon out with his injury that he doesnt rely on Nathan to produce. This kid is still lighting it up.

As far as answering your question, I'd be very surprised if he makes an NHL club next season simply due to his physical stature. He still has some bulk to put on before he can handle the NHL I believe. The skills are there but the size is still lacking. Tough to say what happens over the summer but I wouldnt be surprised to see him back in Halifax next season.

When the time comes this kid is going to be an electric NHL scorer, no matter what team drafts him.
    I completely agree. The only thing that gives me hesitation is that I said the same thing about Skinner when he was drafted and look what happened.

Drouin would be best served spending one more year in Junior to develop physically

The Great One

Skinner, Pat Kane, RNH......were all supposed to not make the NHL after their draft year because of their size........

I don't pay attention to that anymore.

It's all about the team that drafts them.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Completly agree with Mr Guru on that one.
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Novice

This was amazing to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7YDx0M51WE

Dobber Sports Ace

Now that we know Drouin was drafted by TB does anyone see him getting sent back to juniors and if not what impact will he have with the lightning this season?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Now that we know Drouin was drafted by TB does anyone see him getting sent back to juniors and if not what impact will he have with the lightning this season?
    Absolutely no chance that this guy goes back to junior. I mean, none.

He just had one of the best junior year for a draft eligible since Patrick Kane & Sidney Crosby. He has nothing left to prove at the junior level, and since he can't go in the AHL, NHL it is.
    Last edited by yougo; August 3, 2013 at 11:14 PM.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

The Great One

Chalk it up for 45 points in the NHL as the absolute minimum. Anything else is bonus.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Drouin make player better around him, with is unreal hockey sense. I don't think Panik, johnson, connolly or any Lightning prospect forward can beat what he can bring to that team so I agree with Hitman, he is pratically a lock for next season to play alongside Filpulla to start the season !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons