Thread: Trading with another playoff team..?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Trading with another playoff team..?

Hey everyone,
    I've secured a playoff spot and am hoping to win the championship this season. I needed to have more balance so I acquired Staal, Parise, Dustin Brown along with Rask and Price.

Should I make a move towards Ovechkin or Stammer in the playoffs? Their GM's are in 2nd and 3rd.

It'd take a lot to unseat them but would it be worth it? (consider my league scoring)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It would be huge to land either one of them, but as you said, the cost is probably going to be steep. I'd imagine both those teams are going to try and gouge you since you are going up against them in the playoffs. Ovi is amazingly worth as much as Stamkos with your league's settings (261.8 pts vs 259.4 pts by my count), due to 1 pt for peripherals. If you are going to go after one of them, Ovi seems like he'd be a much more affordable option and will provide equal value with your scoring.

Dobber Sports Stud

Would Backes + Bryzgalov be good?

There GM only has Miller and Fleury. Bryz could be a third goalie that isn't much of a downgrade as I have Price and Rask and Ovie > Backes certainly in potential.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by CarbombCarcillo View Post
    Would Backes + Bryzgalov be good?

There GM only has Miller and Fleury. Bryz could be a third goalie that isn't much of a downgrade as I have Price and Rask and Ovie > Backes certainly in potential.
    If they need goalies, I think it could work out well and be fine because you are good with Price and Rask. A 3rd plug in goalie should be good enough for your goalie situation.
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Stud

Is it worth giving up Backes though?