Thread: Crosby & Marleau for Stamkos & Nash

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Crosby & Marleau for Stamkos & Nash

Hey everyone, so I just acquired Stamkos and am looking to flip him for crosby. Made an initial offer which was countered by this.

I get Crosby and Marleau
    I give Stamkos and Nash

I am a bit reluctant as Nash has been doing fantastic with NY, but am still considering it. Won't be doing this trade until tomorrow though as I have a double header with Stamkos and Crosby just played. The other manager is fine with waiting til tomorrow night. Would you do this, or keep the tandem of Stamkos and Nash? League stats are in signature.

Also, to help out, here are their current points in our format.

PER GAME AVERAGES:

Crosby: 0.4 G, 1.2 A, +0.7, 3.3 Shots, 0.7 Hits
    Marleau: 0.5 G, 0.3 A, +/- 0, 3.2 Shots, 0.7 Hits

Stamkos: 0.7 G, 0.6 A, +/- 0, 3.4 Shots, 1.5 Hits
    Nash: 0.4 G, 0.6 A, +0.3, 4.2 Shots, 1.4 Hits

Do you think giving up Nash for Marleau puts this too much in the other guy's favour? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Dobber Sports Sage

Do the trade in a limited keeper Crosby's value only rises. He is easily 25 points better then anyone in the NHL over a full season.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Do the trade in a limited keeper Crosby's value only rises. He is easily 25 points better then anyone in the NHL over a full season.
    What do you think of his potential for goals going forward (obviously high, but with regard to his current pace)? Goals are hardest to come by, so it helps having Stamkos. Crosby's point production is excellent, but do you think it'll continue to be this trend (3 assists per 1 goal)?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    What do you think of his potential for goals going forward (obviously high, but with regard to his current pace)? Goals are hardest to come by, so it helps having Stamkos. Crosby's point production is excellent, but do you think it'll continue to be this trend (3 assists per 1 goal)?
    That's a really tough question, but if I had to guess I think that's probably about right. It's not that Crosby can't score more goals, it's that he doesn't have to be that guy on the Pens. The Pens are much more dangerous as a team when you have Crosby not trying/needing to do it all himself (goal scoring that is), but rather when he's drawing the defensive attention that he rightfully deserves, only to make the sublime pass (or at times, the quite simple pass if one can see it like he can) to a teammate who has a much simpler scoring opportunity after getting lost in the defensive shuffle. And to Crosby's credit, he seems to recognize that and does whatever it takes to give the team the best chance to win.

So in that regard, I do think you are likely giving up some goal totals for higher (perhaps significantly higher) overall point totals in going from Stamkos to Crosby. And that's not to mention going from Nash to Marleau.

I'm pretty on the fence regarding whether I'd do that deal, notwithstanding the fact that acquiring Crosby tends to be a pretty wise move.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Ninja

In that format with SOG and Hits, I'm taking Stammer and Nash all day long.

The per game avg isn't necessarily the smartest metric to use considering it overlooks the biggest obvious risk.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd keep what you have for reasons stated above but if you want to get into it more there was a good post from Penguin7 in this thread the other day:
    http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=150134

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Except for the small fact that the largest margin he's ever won the Art Ross by (which is only one time by the way) was 6 points.

But thanks for that objective piece of analysis

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Hey everyone, so I just acquired Stamkos and am looking to flip him for crosby. Made an initial offer which was countered by this.

I get Crosby and Marleau
    I give Stamkos and Nash

I am a bit reluctant as Nash has been doing fantastic with NY, but am still considering it. Won't be doing this trade until tomorrow though as I have a double header with Stamkos and Crosby just played. The other manager is fine with waiting til tomorrow night. Would you do this, or keep the tandem of Stamkos and Nash? League stats are in signature.

Also, to help out, here are their current points in our format.

PER GAME AVERAGES:

Crosby: 0.4 G, 1.2 A, +0.7, 3.3 Shots, 0.7 Hits
    Marleau: 0.5 G, 0.3 A, +/- 0, 3.2 Shots, 0.7 Hits

Stamkos: 0.7 G, 0.6 A, +/- 0, 3.4 Shots, 1.5 Hits
    Nash: 0.4 G, 0.6 A, +0.3, 4.2 Shots, 1.4 Hits

Do you think giving up Nash for Marleau puts this too much in the other guy's favour? Thanks in advance for your opinions!
    Marleau is as useless as **** on a bull. Give me Stammer/Nash here. That tandem will contribute more for you than Sid alone, relatively speaking. Marleau is fading fast IMO......
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for the input everyone. I felt like giving up Nash in it for Marleau was a bit too steep as well. I appreciate your opinions!