Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 92 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver Canucks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I think he is. Imagine him and Faulk anchoring the top pairing there?

Carolina needs a left side top four guy. Canucks need a scoring top six winger.
    No doubt, that PP would be awesome, especially with the firepower up front. I was thinking more along the lines of a more defensive, minute eating d-man to relieve some of the pressure on their younger offensive d-men. Garrison might actually be of more interest to the Canes becasue he could fill that role and still help the PP. Can't see the Canucks moving him though. Ah, it's fun playing GM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting, will be curious to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    I'll have a post up on the CanucksArmy tomorrow detailing five core players who could be on the move (Edler, Burrows, Schroeder - a stretch as a core player, Kesler, and Luongo).

I think Gillis needs to make some retooling moves, similar to what Holmgren did a few summers ago. Focus on the future but don't sell the farm. With the Sedins around, you will have a top line for another 2-4 years.

And moving Edler allows for:

Bieksa/Hamhuis back together (great top pairing)
    Garrison to anchor pairing two, and to move back to the left side

I like a defense of:

Hamhuis-Bieksa
    Garrison-TRADE/SIGNING
    TRADE/SIGNING-Tanev

And bring in a new number seven, and let Corrado play his ass off in the AHL before coming up.

If Corrado has a great camp, could bump Tanev up with Garrison and put Corrado on P3.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Jeff Skinner!
    or even Seguin. virtually the same contract.

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Guru

Who's on the wish list for next coach?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Tippet? Torts? (once he gets axe'd), Ruff?...i hope none of the above

My personal preference/choice: Dallas Eakins - i think he deserves and earned the chance to coach in the big show

Edit: found this article

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...787/story.html
    Last edited by pretsel27; May 22, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pretsel27 View Post

My personal preference/choice: Dallas Eakins - i think he deserves and earned the chance to coach in the big show

similar article in the Vancouver Province.

Please no Ruff!!!

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Expert

Good dig and a decent read. I think Tippett would bore the heck out of VAN fans, but the team would put up a formidable win streak and be less fragile mentally and competatively come playoff time.

Torts is a side show on his own. I think he's a decent coach, but his act wears off fast and he seems to have the ability to turn talented veteran players into retirement home-owners right now [can you imagine him coaching the Sedins?].

I'm with Hawkdog...no Ruff. That guys doghouse is humongous. VAN needs someone who will inspire, ignite and impassion the team not rag on them. Wrong fit here IMHO.

Eakins...haven't followed him at all, but would be intrigued by that possibility. A completely fresh approach would be interesting.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Wizard

If Gillis is smart he gets Eakins.

I still can't believe Gillis is there though. AV is ten times the coach that Gillis is as a GM.

Did AV need to go so the team has a new voice - agreed, but Gillis should be gone too. They need a GM who will make some savvy trades, trades Gillis hasn't been able to make in over 3 years.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes this will be a test for Gillis for sure, hope he lands Eakins.

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    If Gillis is smart he gets Eakins.

I still can't believe Gillis is there though. AV is ten times the coach that Gillis is as a GM.

Did AV need to go so the team has a new voice - agreed, but Gillis should be gone too. They need a GM who will make some savvy trades, trades Gillis hasn't been able to make in over 3 years.

Cheers.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

even if the nucks get the right coach and they start doing well in the playoffs, gillis will just take all the credit. seriously, even an average GM would have the nucks in better shape than they are now. how on earth did gillis manage to convince upper management that this was AV's fault and not his? name ONE SINGLE GOOD THING gillis has done for the nucks recently.

i can think of several bad ones:

grabner/ballard
    booth (although this looked like a good deal, cant really fault him i guess)
    luongo situation
    hodgson
    roy (worst playoff acquisition ever, it was so obvious that roy wouldnt fit in with the nucks)

etc.

i feel for nucks fans...but dont worry, the day will come when gillis gets fired and it will be beautiful. reminds me of when JFJ was let go...eventually even management will be unable to defend his actions.

Dobber Sports Pro

IMO. Gillis hasn't made any stellar moves since acquiring Erhoff for a Nonis first round pick - White. His worst was Ballard.

- Ballard wasn't a good fit - but I think that was an AV issue. At least we didn't put Grabner on waivers.

- Hard to judge Booth due to injuries.

- It was sure good to have Lou in net when cory was hurt, whoever made
    the decision to start cory over Lou in the last 2 games should be gone. Was it AV? or Gillis? I don't know.

- Hodgson - Jury still out. Power forwards like Kassian take time to develop and they don't come cheap. I don't think AV did a great job with Kassian, his line juggling pisses me off.

- Roy was the worst? Are you sure about that? Clowe played a total of 2 games for the Rangers in the playoffs, I am thankful Gillis didn't give any assets up for him - it cost the rangers 1.5 draft picks per game.
    And you will have a hard time convincing me that ERAT for Forsberg was a better deal than the Roy Deal.
    I think most Canucks fans really liked Roy in the games to finish off the season. Sure I would like to see Ott or Ribs instead but I don't know the asking cost? so its hard to judge. Needed a center, especially seeing as Schroeder was hurt.

Gillis will get one more year to improve then he will be gone. I don't blame Gillis for the first round exit. The Sharks won on powerplays.

If you really want to rip into Gillis, bring up scouting and draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    even if the nucks get the right coach and they start doing well in the playoffs, gillis will just take all the credit. seriously, even an average GM would have the nucks in better shape than they are now. how on earth did gillis manage to convince upper management that this was AV's fault and not his? name ONE SINGLE GOOD THING gillis has done for the nucks recently.

i can think of several bad ones:

grabner/ballard
    booth (although this looked like a good deal, cant really fault him i guess)
    luongo situation
    hodgson
    roy (worst playoff acquisition ever, it was so obvious that roy wouldnt fit in with the nucks)

e

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    IMO. Gillis hasn't made any stellar moves since acquiring Erhoff for a Nonis first round pick - White. His worst was Ballard.

- Ballard wasn't a good fit - but I think that was an AV issue. At least we didn't put Grabner on waivers.

- Hard to judge Booth due to injuries.

- It was sure good to have Lou in net when cory was hurt, whoever made
    the decision to start cory over Lou in the last 2 games should be gone. Was it AV? or Gillis? I don't know.

- Hodgson - Jury still out. Power forwards like Kassian take time to develop and they don't come cheap. I don't think AV did a great job with Kassian, his line juggling pisses me off.

- Roy was the worst? Are you sure about that? Clowe played a total of 2 games for the Rangers in the playoffs, I am thankful Gillis didn't give any assets up for him - it cost the rangers 1.5 draft picks per game.
    And you will have a hard time convincing me that ERAT for Forsberg was a better deal than the Roy Deal.
    I think most Canucks fans really liked Roy in the games to finish off the season. Sure I would like to see Ott or Ribs instead but I don't know the asking cost? so its hard to judge. Needed a center, especially seeing as Schroeder was hurt.

Gillis will get one more year to improve then he will be gone. I don't blame Gillis for the first round exit. The Sharks won on powerplays.

If you really want to rip into Gillis, bring up scouting and draft picks.
    Love this post. I can't defend Gillis 100%, but I do think he's getting ripped more than he's earned. The drafting has been my #1 complaint.

I still feel he's gotten a bunch of guys to take discounts and although the Lu situation isn't good, I still need to wait and see. I don't know that he's had options to this point.

Booth, Ballard, and even the Lu contract didn't seem all that bad at the time. And a couple Presidents Trophies and a trip to the finals is more than a majority of the league can hang their hats on.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Pro

The other thing I forgot to mention, not sure how relevant it is, but Gillis didn't hire AV. It could have been one of the topics that helped him sell it to mgmt.
    Let me bring in my coach.
    just a thought.

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Stud

Roberto Luongo could be an option for the New York Islanders if the right deal surfaced.
    TSN's Bob McKenzie brought up on his Twitter page that "it's believed" the Islanders would be interested "under right circumstances." However, for that to happen the team would have to decide how much potential free agent Evgeni Nabokov wants in a new contract first and then what kind of assets would have to move in the hypothetical trade.
    Source: Bob McKenzie on Twitter
    May 30 - 6:05 PM
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Guru

Roberto Luongo could be an option for the New York Islanders if the right deal surfaced.
    TSN's Bob McKenzie brought up on his Twitter page that "it's believed" the Islanders would be interested "under right circumstances." However, for that to happen the team would have to decide how much potential free agent Evgeni Nabokov wants in a new contract first and then what kind of assets would have to move in the hypothetical trade.
    Source: Bob McKenzie on Twitter
    May 30 - 6:05 PM
    I wonder if he would opt to go there. His list has to be getting longer, but he still has the ultimate say.

The contract wouldn't be a problem there!