Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Q&A Fire Away - July 22, 2012

I...am your father.

Default Q&A Fire Away - July 22, 2012

In an effort to do anything except what I should be doing (ahem, fantasy guide), I've come up with another procrastinating idea: answer some fantasy hockey questions!

Fire away, I'll chip away at this over the course of the next 24 hours.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey Dobber!

Keeper league, 13 skater categories, including hits and blocks but no shots.

1. How would you rank Brodin, Klefbom and McNabb. I have them as Brodin, McNabb, Klefbom, but does McNabb's multicat potential vault him into number one? Edit: Let's throw Barberio into the mix here as well. If they produce early, that's great, but I'm looking long term here.

2. What kind of numbers are realistic for Alex Chiasson over a three year window from now on? Would you drop Matt Puempel to pick him up? I feel like Puempel is way too far away for me to have the patience to hold on to him.

3. I've been thinking about dangling Carlson to upgrade my wingers, but it seems I'm really undervaluing Carlson. What's the caliber of player I should be getting back for him in your opinion? Ballpark...

4. Do you think it's a good idea to use any shootout categories in a head to head league if it's possible to add them to the mix?
    Last edited by Dakkster; July 22, 2012 at 3:57 PM.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Rinne or Bryz

If/when Weber goes, who do you like better as a keeper goalie for the next 3 yrs?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Icon

I am curious to know what you think Alex Chiasson's timeline will look like. A lot of people are saying he is close to the NHL.

Also, what the hell do I do with Rundblad??? Buried in Phx, will he be in the NHL as a regular anytime soon? Maybe he or another D gets moved?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

name the max return you would give up for luongo and ryan if you were brian burke.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Cool Rinne without Suter & Weber

Hey Dobber, a beautiful sunny day in the Okanagan today.
    Team & stats in signature.
    I feel Rinne will take a hit this season but he is still a top goalie.
    Should I consider moving Rinne with Seguin (or?) and go after Schneider & (Luongo or Smith). The goalie trifecta is owned by the same G/M. Or do I hold Rinne & Seguin and target a 2nd goalie early in our draft (keeper 6).
    cheers Grapes
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default staal and rinne: worth keeping?

1. salary cap league, straigh points. is e. staal worth his $8.5million salary?

2. would you keep rinne? 12 team league, wins/shut outs only, weekly starts. every other tram will enter draft with a goalie and usually only draf their starter's back-up (cap,space). other goalies available are: smith, bryz, kipper, ward, pavelec, anderson, lehtonen, brodeur, varlamov.

thanks!
    Last edited by rabidprairiedog; July 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM.
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Hey Dobber!

Keeper league, 13 skater categories, including hits and blocks but no shots.

1. How would you rank Brodin, Klefbom and McNabb. I have them as Brodin, McNabb, Klefbom, but does McNabb's multicat potential vault him into number one? Edit: Let's throw Barberio into the mix here as well. If they produce early, that's great, but I'm looking long term here.
    Thanks for starting me off easy (not). I love Brodin, I think he's going to be an all-star. That being said, it looks like McNabb will be a 110+ BS and 150+ Hit player whereas Brodin will be one of those positional studs as I'm sure you know. So yeah, have to move McNabb to first. And Klefbom is an all around D with a superstar cast around him. Can't lose with any of these three

2. What kind of numbers are realistic for Alex Chiasson over a three year window from now on? Would you drop Matt Puempel to pick him up? I feel like Puempel is way too far away for me to have the patience to hold on to him.
    I think both are far away in terms of fantasy value. Chiasson may be close to NHL, but the points will take awhile. Something like 5, 35, 40 for him the next three years. But I would make the swap, as Puempel will be 0, 0, 35 something like that.

[/quote]

3. I've been thinking about dangling Carlson to upgrade my wingers, but it seems I'm really undervaluing Carlson. What's the caliber of player I should be getting back for him in your opinion? Ballpark...
    I would need to know the level of competition/amount of teams, how many quality d you and the other GM's have. But if D are in high demand you could get a Radim Vrbata, who although is looking at a big decline is still going to get 50 points.

4. Do you think it's a good idea to use any shootout categories in a head to head league if it's possible to add them to the mix?
    If you have 13 already, I don't see how much more realism that would add.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMAY View Post
    If/when Weber goes, who do you like better as a keeper goalie for the next 3 yrs?
    Bryz if your categories stress wins. Rinne if GAA and SP are key. Suter and Weber are great, but so is Trotz.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I am curious to know what you think Alex Chiasson's timeline will look like. A lot of people are saying he is close to the NHL.

Also, what the hell do I do with Rundblad??? Buried in Phx, will he be in the NHL as a regular anytime soon? Maybe he or another D gets moved?
    A trade will happen, but maybe not until the deadline, or the 2013 draft. But it will happen. Too many on the cusp there - OEL, Stone, Gormley, Goncharov, Rundblad

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    name the max return you would give up for luongo and ryan if you were brian burke.
    For Luongo I wouldn't give up a lot. They should be thanking me for the contract I take off their hands. So max two middling to high draft picks, a prospect of some renown, and a lesser needed roster player like MacArthur.
    For Ryan, i would do what I mused in the ramblings. And I would include Frattin if that's what it took

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Hey Dobber, a beautiful sunny day in the Okanagan today.
    Team & stats in signature.
    I feel Rinne will take a hit this season but he is still a top goalie.
    Should I consider moving Rinne with Seguin (or?) and go after Schneider & (Luongo or Smith). The goalie trifecta is owned by the same G/M. Or do I hold Rinne & Seguin and target a 2nd goalie early in our draft (keeper 6).
    cheers Grapes
    Hold
    Rinne won't be that bad, just not as many W's is all. He's still a reliable G with a heavy workload

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidprairiedog View Post
    1. salary cap league, straigh points. is e. staal worth his $8.5million salary?

2. would you keep rinne? 12 team league, wins/shut outs only, weekly starts. every other tram will enter draft with a goalie and usually only draf their starter's back-up (cap,space). other goalies available are: smith, bryz, kipper, ward, pavelec, anderson, lehtonen, brodeur, varlamov.

thanks!
    Yes I would keep Rinne over those other two. But to be honest, screw what everyone else does I would keep Lindback as well.

Staal - no not worth that $$$$

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well, I can't let you off the hook easy

Our categories are G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, FOW, Hits, BLK. We're contracting SHG and SHA into SHP for next year and the commish has been talking about adding shootout goals if ESPN were to add that to their mix. I'm a bit apprehensive about that, but I figured that I might as well ask the maestro.

It's a 12 team H2H full keeper, daily changes, start 3 of each forward, 5 D, 2 G and one Utility spot. We have big farms with no GP limits. My team is top three in the league and my wings are the weakest part of the team.

My D are: Seabrook, Phaneuf, Letang, Green, Suter, Garrison, Meszaros, Carlson, Schultz, McBain, Hamilton, Rielly. So yeah, I'm loaded and I want more, but I figured I'd use some of them to upgrade the wingers. The guys here didn't think Havlat was enough for Carlson. Berglund also wasn't enough. My thoughts on Carlson is that he might not become the offensive monster we'd like him to be just because he's so good defensively with Alzner.

Edit: My wingers... Ladd, Clowe, Cammalleri, McGinn, Steen, Morin, Puempel, Bourque, Conacher, Silfverberg, Nyquist, Kane, Lupul, Doan, Stafford, Pominville, Downie, Rattie, Gallagher, Stone
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Any thoughts on Kiril Petrov coming over? when? upside
    Jamie Oleksiak? How far away? Upside
    thanks
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO