Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crazy to start Theodore tonight (21/02)

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Crazy to start Theodore tonight (21/02)

I know he's been pretty bad this year, I know that the Flyers scored 13 goals in the last 2 games, but am I crazy to start him tonight @PHI?

But before you tell me that I'm really crazy, here's a little bit of background info. Before the draft, my keepers were Schneider and Luongo and there's been a goalie rush right off the bat and was left with Theodore as the only remaining starter and I've been rotating my 4th goalie spot (we can only have 4 goalies on our roster since there's 14 teams in the league) since day 1 (right now it's MacDonald).

And to give you an idea of how hard it is to get a good goalie, here's who's left in the FA pool (ordered by FH pts they gave so far):

Montoya (on IR)
    Irving (in the minor)
    Johnson (in the minor)
    Biron
    Mrazek (in the minor)
    Mason
    Nilstorp
    Danis (in the minor)
    Boucher
    Taylor
    Rynnas
    Gustavsson
    Enroth
    Leighton (on IR)

With 61 games remaining (we're using max. games) for my goalies and assuming I get all the VCR games, I still have to play another goalie for 28 games, so I'm kind of forced to play him most of the time. Sure I can pick up the matchups, but I need to make sure I can still play someone else (and believe me, I'm trying as I'm gambling with my 4th goalie spot when a team is on a back-to-back).

We get 3 pts for a W, -0.6 pts for each GA, 0.1 pts for each SV and 2 pts for a SO.

This being said, am I really, really crazy to play him tonight???
    Last edited by Chicleteur; February 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM.

Administrator

YES!!!! Get Nihlstorp in there for the start against Vancouver and box out a win.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    YES!!!! Get Nihlstorp in there for the start against Vancouver and box out a win.
    Unfortunately our FA pickups are only valid for the next day. I thought about doing it yesterday, but figured out I could use MacDonald for a few more games (and CGY schedule isn't bad over the next few games).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Unfortunately our FA pickups are only valid for the next day. I thought about doing it yesterday, but figured out I could use MacDonald for a few more games (and CGY schedule isn't bad over the next few games).
    Fair enough, I actually didn't even look at the blurb at the end about your scoring system. Unless things really go awry there isn't much negative in starting any goalie. Still woulda been nice to box out the Van-Dallas game but no I don't think it's crazy to start The Odor tonight under this system.

Dobber Sports Giant

your still crazy.
    only against the low scoring teams/not philly.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Giant

Fair enough, I actually didn't even look at the blurb at the end about your scoring system. Unless things really go awry there isn't much negative in starting any goalie. Still woulda been nice to box out the Van-Dallas game but no I don't think it's crazy to start The Odor tonight under this system.
    Well, Mason on Monday gave me a solid -2.4 pts... So yeah, there could be some negative!

To be honest, Theodore is on my bench for tonight and it was my intention to leave him there for the next few games (@PHI, @PIT, BOS and PIT in the next week).

Just wanted to see if there was some believer I guess! LOL!

Dobber Sports Guru

I would sit him personally

For future reference, may want to consider Enroth as a "break glass in case of emergency" goalie. With Ruff no longer at Helm, he should see more starts.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    For future reference, may want to consider Enroth as a "break glass in case of emergency" goalie. With Ruff no longer at Helm, he should see more starts.
    Definitely! He should see more starts only on B2B right?

Since our FA pickup are only available the next day, I need to plan them in advance and B2B are usually easier to gamble.

Definitely! He should see more starts only on B2B right?
    Certainly B2Bs, however, the Sabres aren't slotted for too many this season. Nine I believe?? Not like last year where they had like 80.

Give or take
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks Bomm! I'll definitely pay more attention to your Sabres now!

Administrator

Thanks Bomm! I'll definitely pay more attention to your Sabres now!
    It will be hard but I will pay less.

It will be hard but I will pay less.
    Can I have a re-do on my over/under from pre-season? Need to tweak the whole pts thing.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Can I have a re-do on my over/under from pre-season? Need to tweak the whole pts thing.
    Over/Under 9 on the scale of 1-10 - How angry will you be when the Sabres finish with the worst record in the league but somehow lose the lottery to the Edmonton Oilers who finished 9th in the West?

Dobber Sports Giant

Over/Under 9 on the scale of 1-10 - How angry will you be when the Sabres finish with the worst record in the league but somehow lose the lottery to the Edmonton Oilers who finished 9th in the West?
    Haha! I'm sure he'll be giga angry!!!

Totally off topic, but that's the thing I hate about the new lottery. An already stacked team (you mentioned EDM, but let's say PIT for example) who missed the playoff by only 1 pts due to any injuries could get the top pick. Not totally fair to me.