Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Help Needed - Deadline 1/2 an hour away - REP!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Urgent Help Needed - Deadline 1/2 an hour away - REP!!!

hi guys,

I am not in the running at all, and have a guy that made me an offer. Its for the league in signature, points only

His Landeskog, first overall in 2013, 2014 2nd rnd

for

My Duchene, Bernier, my 2013 2nd

Does Landeskog get enough points to make it worth it over Duchene? First overall brings me Drouin, MacKinnon or Jones. and also frees up a keeper spot

Let me know!!
    League: 10 team, points only, keep 20

F: Tavares, Mackinnon, Okposo, P Kane, Ovechkin, Hall, Eichel, Vesey, Drasaitl, Wheeler, Duchene, Spezza, Eriksson

D: Hedman, Subban, Letang, Carlson, Hamilton, Suter,

G: Schneider, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Vasilievsky

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamelToews View Post
    hi guys,

I am not in the running at all, and have a guy that made me an offer. Its for the league in signature, points only

for

Does Landeskog get enough points to make it worth it over Duchene? First overall brings me Drouin, MacKinnon or Jones. and also frees up a keeper spot

Let me know!!

looks like you can afford to trade bernier with your goalies. losing duchene will be tough, but the difference between him and landeskog is well worth it if you are getting drouin//mackinnon in a points only league.

do the deal.

also, dont give me rep, just do me a favor and change your username haha

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    looks like you can afford to trade bernier with your goalies. losing duchene will be tough, but the difference between him and landeskog is well worth it if you are getting drouin//mackinnon in a points only league.

do the deal.

also, dont give me rep, just do me a favor and change your username haha
    I agree with every word stated in this post haha.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

LOL. No Reps and I will thiiiink about it. If thats the case, this thread has to change to

What should CamelToews change his name to??

Thanks guys!

F: Tavares, Mackinnon, Okposo, P Kane, Ovechkin, Hall, Eichel, Vesey, Drasaitl, Wheeler, Duchene, Spezza, Eriksson

Dobber Sports Giant

Lol I say keep your name but pull the trigger on it.

The way I see it, there's a big gap in points this year between both Avalanche players, but I think over time, they should have similar point outputs.

Landeskog, MacKinnon

vs

Duchene, Bernier

It's a fair trade that helps you dump a keeper spot, gain a great prospect. Yes, you lose a potential great starter, but gaining a top forward prospect in exchange is worth it. You have the goalie depth to make this happen too as Praba stated.
    Last edited by Bass56; April 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Bass, I'll rep ya

The clincher is I have Rinne, Schneider, and Miller, and only two goalies count for points anyways. most guys have three goalies just in case of injuries, etc, and thats probably the best three goalie tandem in our league

Dobber Sports Wizard

hi guys,

for

Let me know!!
    OMG, NO!! Duchene blows Landy, Drouin or anyother rookie out of the water! Hell. I wouldn't trade him OR Bernier for Landy + 1('13) + 2 ('14). If you make this deal not only will you get raped, you'll get gang-banged raped! You have NO idea how Drouin or McK will pan out. If you have an embarrassement of riches, seek out a partner you can maximize a rerurn from. This isn't it. Duchene IS a FRANCHISE playe. People are HOPING Drouin and McK will be that. NEVER pick a prospect over a franchise player unless said prospect is considered a GENERATIONAL talent. And even in that case, you should safeguard your self with a KNOWN commodity!
    Last edited by One87; April 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

oooohhh now it gets interesting.

Sucks cuz that was my original thought....

a first overall pick not worth the difference in Duch and Landy?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really am not high on Landy for what it is worth by the way. I think he is more than a couple steps below Duchene. My advice was based on being extremely high on Drouin/MacKinnon, specifically thinking there is a good chance Drouin ends up on Duchene's line next year. Any chance you could take out Duchene and Landy and do the goalie for the picks? I think I'd still be ok with that. At the end of the day, Bernier is a great backup goalie who everyone thinks is ready to be a starter. For that to happen he needs to be traded away from one of the best defensive teams in the league. Everyone loved Lindback as a starter too until he went to a team that didn't play the same caliber of defense that Nashville did. Who knows how good he will actually turn out to be.

Dobber Sports Wizard

oooohhh now it gets interesting.

Sucks cuz that was my original thought....

a first overall pick not worth the difference in Duch and Landy?
    No, not even. I traded Duchene in my league and it was only because I had Bryz as a starter with no viable backup. I sent

Duchene + Bishop for Howard + Strome + Hackett
    Bryz for Pavs

My point is Duchene wasn't going anywhere unless I got back a franchise player +. I was able to get 3 franchise tenders - Howard + Pavs + Hackett and a studly forward prospect = Strome to step in for Duchene next year. I covered ALL of my bases and then some! Let's be real, Bryz and Bishop didn't enable me to solidify my goaltending now and in the future in a 20 team league. Duchene's value enabled me to do this. You are selling yourself MIGHTY short, especially with all of that UNPROVEN NHL upside.
    Last edited by One87; April 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The guy is dead set on Duchene, it is absolutely the only way I get Drouin. Im honestly not too high on Landeskog in terms of a points only as well, but like you, felt the opportunity to acquire Drouin was worth it. If Drouin is not playing with Duchene, he could possibly be playing with Huberdeau in Florida.

A bit more to the story, I traded two firsts for Rinne, and so the first overall pick coming back to me is actually MINE lol. So stoked about getting Rinne, but really want my first back hehe

Dobber Sports Novice

Make this trade NOW. You are getting a solid prospect in Landy who I predict to be a 30-30 or better guy.

The draft pick is going to be huge for you. Drouin, Mack, Jones, Barkov. The list goes on. Druoin and Mack seem to have phenominal talent and speed and will tear up the league for years to come.
    15 Team Keeper: 12F, 6D, 2G, 5 Bench

Head-to-Head: G, A, P, +-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG

Saves, W, GAA, SV%, SO

Dobber Sports Wizard

The guy is dead set on Duchene, it is absolutely the only way I get Drouin. Im honestly not too high on Landeskog in terms of a points only as well, but like you, felt the opportunity to acquire Drouin was worth it. If Drouin is not playing with Duchene, he could possibly be playing with Huberdeau in Florida.

A bit more to the story, I traded two firsts for Rinne, and so the first overall pick coming back to me is actually MINE lol. So stoked about getting Rinne, but really want my first back hehe
    If that's what you truly want, then, do it. A few questions to ponder - why would you want Robin (Drouin) when you can have Batman (Duchene/Hubs type)? Does he know something you don't because he obviously rather have Duchene than Drouin? Lastly, if he is that hard up for Duchene, why aren't you getting more?
    Last edited by One87; April 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I see Landeskog as a 60pt player.
    I see Duchene as a 70pt player.

You give up 10pts... but you get the #1 overall pick.

Yes, you take this deal... WHY, because it is a KEEP 20 and that #1 overall pick (Mackinnon? Drouin?) is going to be WAY above the value of a fringe keeper (fringe forwards are probably 50pt players).

If this was a keep 8... or keep 10... or keep 12... I'd say stay with Duchene.
    Because it is a keep 20... that's why I say take Landeskog/#1 overall.
    Last edited by Pengwin7; April 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    If that's what you truly want, then, do it. A few questions to ponder - why would you want Robin (Drouin) when you can have Batman (Duchene/Hubs type)? Does he know something you don't because he obviously rather have Duchene than Drouin? Lastly, if he is that hard up for Duchene, why aren't you getting more?
    The main reason he wants Duchene is the jump in points. He jumps into first place with the trade

And I bet 2 robins in a keep 20 would slay batman lol (Landy and Drouin)