Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stamkos or Tavares, pts only?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Stamkos or Tavares, pts only?

Pts only, is really Stamkos a huge upgrade over Tavares ?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Stamkos or Tavares, pts only?

Points only, I would probably say Tavares is a hair about Stamkos, but thats just my opinion. Luckily enough for the keeper in my sig, I own both.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Give me the guy in Stamkos that has already scored 90+ three times in his career and has scored at a 90+ point pace five years straight. There is some concern about the St. Louis trade hurting his production, but Stamkos has 13 points in 11 games without St. Louis, a 90+ point pace. You can't really go wrong with either of them though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd say they're about even
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

I...am your father.

Tavares for me. Not close, sorry. Give me a close guarantee for 90 with 120 upside, over the guy with close guarantee for 90 with 105 upside.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Good Lord, seriously? Not even close..????

I'll take Stamkos (a/k/a the guy that's hit 90pts).
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

Tavares does so much with very little help, Stamkos seems to need offensive players to really do damage. The safe bet for me is Tavares but i guess we'll have to wait and see what Drouin becomes.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Tavares for me. Not close, sorry. Give me a close guarantee for 90 with 120 upside, over the guy with close guarantee for 90 with 105 upside.
    Stamkos is a "close guarantee" for 90? Is that in the same way that Crosby is a "close guarantee" for 90? He's 24, and has exceeded 90 pts or paced to exceed 90 pts (shortened season) in every single year of his career (save his rookie season). That's 5 straight seasons. And he's a close guarantee? Yet the guy that has never hit that is also a "close guarantee" for 90? I just don't quite get your reasoning with Tavares. Skill wise? Sure, you could make a case he's better. Yet he's never touched Stammer for points, and the failure of a GM in Snow seems to be making sure Tavares won't ever be playing with talent. Can't bank on all these "what if" scenarios, especially when Stamkos is doing it all right now without St Louis, and has Druoin coming down the pipe.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    So you think Tavares > Stamkos, but you recommended someone trade Tavares+Hall for Malkin? You must think Malkin will get a billion points in the future.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Good Lord, seriously? Not even close..????

I'll take Stamkos (a/k/a the guy that's hit 90pts).
    Tavares spanked Stamkos in junior (not close) despite being younger. And he's caught up with Stamkos in the NHL despite playing with Jimmy Lunchpail and Tommy Hardhat. I wouldn't trade Tavares for Stamkos and a 1st. But I would gladly trade Stamkos for Tavares straight up.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Stamkos is a "close guarantee" for 90? Is that in the same way that Crosby is a "close guarantee" for 90? He's 24, and has exceeded 90 pts or paced to exceed 90 pts (shortened season) in every single year of his career (save his rookie season). That's 5 straight seasons. And he's a close guarantee? Yet the guy that has never hit that is also a "close guarantee" for 90? I just don't quite get your reasoning with Tavares. Skill wise? Sure, you could make a case he's better. Yet he's never touched Stammer for points, and the failure of a GM in Snow seems to be making sure Tavares won't ever be playing with talent. Can't bank on all these "what if" scenarios, especially when Stamkos is doing it all right now without St Louis, and has Druoin coming down the pipe.
    I had to say 'close guarantee' because he got injured this year. Otherwise I'd say "guaranteed". Your Crosby example is confusing so I'll move on.

My reasoning in the post above.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow136 View Post
    So you think Tavares > Stamkos, but you recommended someone trade Tavares+Hall for Malkin? You must think Malkin will get a billion points in the future.
    No. When did I recommend Tavares and Hall for Malkin? Not questioning that I did, but if it was a year ago...then a year has passed and you lose that year of advantage in such a deal. Today I wouldn't do it, knowing what I know now (JT well on way to 90+ season before injury, Malkin injured yet again, Hall staying pretty healthy).

What next? I recommended trading Gretzky for Lidstrom?

Dobber Sports Ace

I'll go with the argument of: If you have Stamkos, you probably wouldn't trade him for Tavares. And if you have Tavares, you probably won't trade him for Stamkos.

I'm like Axeman33 - fortunate to have both in a points-only keeper.

It's tough to bet against Stamkos. Four consecutive years of 90+ pace (counting last season). And he likely would have hit it again this year, if healthy. He's as consistent as they come. But you can also argue that he's done that with a fantastic player beside him (StLouis). With no St Louis, there may be a drop-off. Or maybe not, with Drouin, Palat, etc in the pipeline. But there's probably not a huge leap in his future. As an owner, I hope there is. I think he might go over 100 a couple, few times in the future. In other words, I think we're seeing what we're going to see from Stamkos. And it's pretty good

Tavares is yet to hit that 90pt plateau. But I think he would have this year, if healthy. Or at least come very close. 66pts in 59gms. What we DO know about Tavares is that he makes players around him better. A lot better. Moulson, PA Parenteau, Okposo, Boyes last season. That's a very special ability. What we don't know is if the Islanders will ever put the team around JT that allows him to legitimately bust into the consistent 95-100pt range (or higher).

On my team, I view Stamkos as my number one guy because he's been there and done that. Tavares is my number two guy, but I have hopes he becomes the number one guy.

Which, as an aside, is why I don't have any issues with Dobber's thoughts from earlier. I completely understand the reasoning

We've seen what Stamkos can do with a superstar beside him. And it's really good. We haven't seen what Tavares can do with another stud. And we may never see it. But there's enough skill in JT for me to think that he could blow up massively with the right running-mate.

I...am your father.

The same group arguing with me that Stamkos is better than Malkin is now arguing that he's better than Tavares. No, he's not. I was right about Malkin and I haven't wavered. I am right about Tavares - and this isn't a newsflash. I felt this way before Tavares was drafted. I don't change my feelings about elite players.

I remember holding steadfast in Tavares' rookie year as a big group of you tried to convince me that Duchene was better. This SS vs. JT thing...To me, you're telling me the sun rises at night. I'm not even considering Stamkos over Tavares.

If I own Tavares, I would require more than Stamkos to give him up.
    If I own Stamkos, I'm making offers to the Tavares owner to make the deal and get it done.

You can buy what I'm selling and do what I do, or you can go do your own thing. But you ain't changin' ma' mind and you have a right to your mind.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    I'll go with the argument of: If you have Stamkos, you probably wouldn't trade him for Tavares. And if you have Tavares, you probably won't trade him for Stamkos.

I'm like Axeman33 - fortunate to have both in a points-only keeper.

It's tough to bet against Stamkos. Four consecutive years of 90+ pace (counting last season). And he likely would have hit it again this year, if healthy. He's as consistent as they come. But you can also argue that he's done that with a fantastic player beside him (StLouis). With no St Louis, there may be a drop-off. Or maybe not, with Drouin, Palat, etc in the pipeline. But there's probably not a huge leap in his future. As an owner, I hope there is. I think he might go over 100 a couple, few times in the future. In other words, I think we're seeing what we're going to see from Stamkos. And it's pretty good

Tavares is yet to hit that 90pt plateau. But I think he would have this year, if healthy. Or at least come very close. 66pts in 59gms. What we DO know about Tavares is that he makes players around him better. A lot better. Moulson, PA Parenteau, Okposo, Boyes last season. That's a very special ability. What we don't know is if the Islanders will ever put the team around JT that allows him to legitimately bust into the consistent 95-100pt range (or higher).

On my team, I view Stamkos as my number one guy because he's been there and done that. Tavares is my number two guy, but I have hopes he becomes the number one guy.

Which, as an aside, is why I don't have any issues with Dobber's thoughts from earlier.

We've seen what Stamkos can do with a superstar beside him. And it's really good. We haven't seen what Tavares can do with another stud. And we may never see it. But there's enough skill in JT for me to think that he could blow up massively with the right running-mate.
    If Tavares played with St. Louis, he'd have two 100-point seasons by now, not some measly 90+ that Stamkos managed. That's what I whole-heartedly believe. And in a case like this - give me the upside. Because the downside is pretty freakin' good - I don't mind one bit if I get Tavares for Stamkos and then Tavares never beats Stamkos...because the downside wouldn't cripple me. But the upside - now that's a spicy meatball!!