Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rinne Out ~4 Weeks [Hip Injury]

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd stick with Hutton but beware most of their games are on the road in the next few weeks so both might get time and losses in.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Frig...

So do I lean in favor of Hutton or promote my Pavelec to #2 and deal with that frig'n nightmare.

Oh...BTW...Thanks Dobber for selling me on that Bum Pavelec. I usually agree with most of your analysis but so far, this guy is an epic failure... but I drafted him as my #3 who should hold more value than most back ups out there just for an occassion like this.

Bring on a Jets Win streak and a couple SO/Wins Pavy...Let's prove Dobber RIGHT!!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There was reason to believe Pavelec would be significantly better than last year. Unfortunately he's really shitting the bed. Watched the shootout the other night and he allowed 4 straight goals, including three in a row that would have sealed the W if he made a save. He just looked completely lost.

Anyway... I'd probably go with Hutton over Pavelec at this point. With goals being -10 points it's a very dangerous gamble to put Pavs in there.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    There was reason to believe Pavelec would be significantly better than last year. Unfortunately he's really shitting the bed. Watched the shootout the other night and he allowed 4 straight goals, including three in a row that would have sealed the W if he made a save. He just looked completely lost.

Anyway... I'd probably go with Hutton over Pavelec at this point. With goals being -10 points it's a very dangerous gamble to put Pavs in there.
    Kinda want to see Montoya get a bit more time.

I picked up Hutton but too late for tonights start. And ofcourse Crawford is sitting in favor of Khabbi.

When it rains it pours.

Gunna roll with Pavy tonight and see how many points he costs me. If for some reason he manages to post a good win and/or (Gawd forbid) a shut out...I'd be more than willing to accept a bunch of "I TOLD YOU SO" messages! lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool

Those jumping all over Hutton may want to look a little closer at Hellberg. He is higher up on the org's pecking order and he's only in Milwaukee because they want him to gain starts in the AHL and not rust away on the bench missing valuable development time. With Rinne out I think he'll win out unless they deal for some experience or take a flyer on Brz. Either way this team is destined for sub .500 for the extent of Pekka's recovery and even though the GAA won't be terrible the wins could be few and far between. If you owned Rinne in a deep league grab Hellberg but don't drop a starting golaie to scoop up either Pred's backup expecting miracles ala Bob from last year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Shit. I dropped grabo for Hutton. Do I now go after hellberg? If so, who is most expendable? Tlusty? Jussi Jokinen? Stastny? Someone else I'm over valuing?

I have little faith in Pavelec do I think it's key I corner Nash goalie market.

Maybe too much too soon. Hutton is likly the obvious beneficiary. Think I'll wait and see how hellberg shakes out. We have limited waiver moves so I'm probably the only GM with a vested interest in either replacement.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Cool

I'd wait and watch the next 3-4 games while Trotz let's one of them grab the torch before dropping anything more of value. Hutton played decent in Wpg but was also likely stoked to be in front of relatives that made the trip to Wpg from Thunder Bay his hometown. (7 hr drive). It'll prob be a 50/50 split but Hellberg does have more upside.

Dobber Sports Expert

Pat Iverson of SB Nation: Predators Pekka Rinne told the Finnish magazine “Urheilulehti,” that his hip infection is “very dangerous” and could lead to long-term problems.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Pat Iverson of SB Nation: Predators Pekka Rinne told the Finnish magazine “Urheilulehti,” that his hip infection is “very dangerous” and could lead to long-term problems.
    I do not like the sound of that..... Maybe it's time to shop him for more durable options. That's just awful..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Wow don't like the sounds of that just traded for Rinne
    12 team, H2H points, limited keepers
    allowed 6 keeper players(PLAYER DRAFTED IN RDS 1-8 NOT ABLE TO BE KEEPER)
    Daily starts

16 man roster plus 1 IR
    start 6 forwards,4 d, 2 goalies

pts: G=3, A=2, DA=3, DG=5, +/-=1 GWG=1, OTG=2, OTA=1, PPG=2, PPA=1, SHG=3, SHA=1, HT=3, SHOOTOUT GOAL=1
    BLKS=.25, HITS=.25, MAJ=2

Goalie pts: WINS=5, SAVES=.20, GA=-1, SO=3
    SHOG SAVE=.50, SHOL=2

forwards: M.TKACHUK(k),MARCHAND(k),SCHEIFELE(k)
    BENN, GAUDREAU*, COUTURIER*
    d: M.RIELLY(k), JOSI*, MCAVOY*, ELLIS
    goalies :TALBOT* DEMKO MAF
    (k)=keeper
    *= no keeper eligibility
    bencH: KOPITAR* R. GRAVES ROBERTSON KREJCI
    IR E.PETTERSSON(k)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I've attached the entire article from the Nashville Tennessean Newspaper. It's serious but not as dire as previously stated. The infection was cleaned out and surgical repairs made in May were found in tact. of course with any infection there could be complications. If all goes well probably more like 6 to 8 weeks.

According to the Finnish magazine, Urheilulehti, goaltender Pekka Rinne is recovering from his hip infection, which he called “very serious.”

Below are the quotes from Rinne, which author Sam Savolainen translated into English. Rinne underwent a hip scope on the joint, that was surgically repaired last summer with a hip arthroscopy. At the time the surgery was deemed successful. Rinne started feeling soreness in his hip Tuesday night after a 27-save effort against Minnesota, and developed a fever.

It was deemed he had an infection in the hip, and underwent surgery Thursday to clean it out. The Predators said Rinne will be out a minimum of four weeks.

Below are the quotes from the Urheilulehti.

“It started aching during the evening. I had a fever and my other leg began to swell up. The next day I was sent to the operating surgeons . From there they took samples, and they were sent to a laboratory. They found a bacterial infection.”

“I will be taking antibiotics for a while now. I have a cannulla in my arm for four weeks.”

“I understand that injuries happen, but during my career this has been the toughest bite to chew during my career mentally. As always after injuries, it takes hard work to get back to game shape and everything went well – and suddenly something like this happens. I’m obviously not the only player who has had setbacks with injuries, but I am really disappointed and its a tough one to swallow.”

“It is very important to kill the bacteria from the hip, because this kind of infection is very dangerous – it can derogate the joint inside the hip.”

“The doctor said after the arthroscopic surgery, that everything looked good. The things that were repaired in surgery in May – everything looked the way the should.”

“I don’t know about the timetable. First and foremost, we have to focus on getting the infection eliminated. I don’t want to guess, but I hope things get better as soon as possible.”

Posted In: Team News

Dobber Sports Ace

Rinne had a septic hip - very serious complication because infection in the joint can destroy the cartilage very quickly leading to permanent arthritis in the joint that you can't reverse (unless you get a hip replacement which means retirement).

It's a surgical emergency as a result, so I'd be concerned not only that he's out a while (minimum 6 weeks antibiotics) but that it could affect him significantly long term if they didn't catch the infection early enough.

Doesn't matter if the surgical repair (likely labrum) was intact if the rest of the joint is eroded - which they won't tell us.
    Last edited by cdubb; October 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Rinne had a septic hip - very serious complication because infection in the joint can destroy the cartilage very quickly leading to permanent arthritis in the joint that you can't reverse (unless you get a hip replacement which means retirement).

It's a surgical emergency as a result, so I'd be concerned not only that he's out a while (minimum 6 weeks antibiotics) but that it could affect him significantly long term if they didn't catch the infection early enough.

Doesn't matter if the surgical repair (likely labrum) was intact if the rest of the joint is eroded - which they won't tell us.
    There is no such thing as a septic hip

Sepsis or blood poisoning as it's sometimes referred to occurs when an infection inside the body is left unchecked and enters the bloodstream... It can kill you... And kills about ten percent of ppl diagnosed.

Lucky for him he was between the pipes and the other leg began to swell had he left it unchecked long enough he very well may have died

Earlier this year my mother was in the hospital septic. She was 100 percent fine n 3 weeks but because they had to go clean his hip out min of a month... It's enough to scare the bejesus out of you when there's a possibility you may die but with modern antibiotics he'll be fine n 2 weeks sepsis wise. I could still see them sitting him 6 weeks tho... He's obv scared and not 100percent mentalllly with this thing.

Structurally his hip is fine

All that said I'm still selling low... I don't like the way he's talking. Confidence is everything for a goalie
    Last edited by SubbaNsalad; October 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by SubbaNsalad View Post
    There is no such thing as a septic hip

Sepsis or blood poisoning as it's sometimes referred to occurs when an infection inside the body is left unchecked and enters the bloodstream... It can kill you... And kills about ten percent of ppl diagnosed.

Structurally his hip is fine
    As an orthopedic surgeon I would disagree that there is no such thing as septic hip. ...

http://www.orthobullets.com/trauma/1...thritis--adult
    "septic arthritis causes irreversible cartilage destruction in an involved joint ...release of proteolytic enzymes from inflammatory cells (PMNs) ... cartilage injury can occur by 8 hours ....considered an orthopaedic surgical emergency"

http://emedicine.medscape.com/articl...#aw2aab6b2b3aa
    "The primary morbidity of septic arthritis is significant dysfunction of the joint, even if treated properly. Fifty percent of adults with septic arthritis have significant sequelae of decreased range of motion or chronic pain after infection."

http://voices.yahoo.com/septic-hip-d...52.html?cat=70
    "Septic hip, also known as septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis is an infection of the hip joint"

Plus we don't know if he had a "super bug" such as MRSA which is difficult to eradicate even with modern antibiotics (google NFL and MRSA outbreak).

Infection in the bloodstream is also called "sepsis" as well.
    Last edited by cdubb; October 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    As an orthopedic surgeon I would disagree that there is no such thing as septic hip. ...

http://www.orthobullets.com/trauma/1...thritis--adult
    "septic arthritis causes irreversible cartilage destruction in an involved joint ...release of proteolytic enzymes from inflammatory cells (PMNs) ... cartilage injury can occur by 8 hours ....considered an orthopaedic surgical emergency"

http://emedicine.medscape.com/articl...#aw2aab6b2b3aa
    "The primary morbidity of septic arthritis is significant dysfunction of the joint, even if treated properly. Fifty percent of adults with septic arthritis have significant sequelae of decreased range of motion or chronic pain after infection."

http://voices.yahoo.com/septic-hip-d...52.html?cat=70
    "Septic hip, also known as septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis is an infection of the hip joint"

Plus we don't know if he had a "super bug" such as MRSA which is difficult to eradicate even with modern antibiotics (google NFL and MRSA outbreak).

Infection in the bloodstream is also called "sepsis" as well.
    Semantics... the infection in his hip spread to his blood... sepsis. Anytime the infection spreads from the hip i guess physicians refer to it as septic hip but im pretty sure from what ive read it was a bacterial infection n the hip that spread to his blood. If you think this means hes gunna have permanent issues plz say so...

Id love to know jus how low to sell

Also it says his non infected leg swelled.. and fever. Does this still point towards "septic hip" or sinply blood poisoning from bacterial infection?
    Last edited by SubbaNsalad; October 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM.