Thread: Any word on Tarasenko yet

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Any word on Tarasenko yet

Anyone know if mention has been made if he is staying or coming?
    2010 and 2014 IceHoles League champion
    16 Team Dynasty League,H2H Scoring 1.5 PTS g,1 PT assist,PPG + 1 additional,SHG +1.5 Additional,.1 pts per PIM wins 4 pts shutout 3 pts ga -1 sv .08
    C Backes,Bonino,Lee ,Nelson,Tierney
    LW Cammalerri,Benn,Kunitz,Zetterberg
    RW Kessel,Hossa,Pominville,Saad
    D Barrie,OEL,McDonagh,Josi,Chara
    G Luongo,Rinne,Allen
    Minors Buchnivich,Kempe,H.Samuelsson,Kapanen,Lindell,Were nski,Sproul,M.Jones,S.Williams,Gillies,Darling

Banned

only tarasenko knows at this point. everything else is pure speculation. of interest though, there is some confusion to which khl team will even own his rights at the end of this season. he is currently owned by medvedev but his rights were supposed to be transfered to sibir at the end of the season, which just happens to be the team his dad coaches for. it is also the only team that tarasenko has said that he would play for in the khl next year. really, it is his call and he hasn't made pulic his intentions yet.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post
    only tarasenko knows at this point. everything else is pure speculation. of interest though, there is some confusion to which khl team will even own his rights at the end of this season. he is currently owned by medvedev but his rights were supposed to be transfered to sibir at the end of the season, which just happens to be the team his dad coaches for. it is also the only team that tarasenko has said that he would play for in the khl next year. really, it is his call and he hasn't made pulic his intentions yet.
    Sibir fired his dad about halfway through this last season.

They traded him to St. Pete for a 24 year old putting up worthless numbers in Russia's version of the AHL....considering that's all they got for maybe the best young player in the league, if I had to guess I'd think he's on his way to the Blues next season.

Obviously that's a guess on my part but there's just so many clues that point to him leaving the KHL this summer.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Sibir fired his dad about halfway through this last season.

They traded him to St. Pete for a 24 year old putting up worthless numbers in Russia's version of the AHL....considering that's all they got for maybe the best young player in the league, if I had to guess I'd think he's on his way to the Blues next season.

Obviously that's a guess on my part but there's just so many clues that point to him leaving the KHL this summer.
    i think he will leave too. his dad was just demoted from head coach to asst. coach for sibir - they didn't technically call it a firing. same thing as getting fired in a way.

Dobber Sports Novice

He said he would make a decision after the World Championships. I hope he chooses the Blues as well

Dobber Sports Icon

These are a little old but im sure some havent read them:

• January 09, 2012

From Russian hockey blogger Alessandro Seren Rosso:
    So, in Russia they say Tarasenko was traded to Dynamo Moscow. Truth or not? #StlBlues If he gets traded I think he’ll go to NHL this summer
    From DmitryChesnokov of the Puck Daddy blog on Yahoo Sports:
    #KHL’s Sibir will reportedly trade Vladimir Tarasenko to Dynamo Moscow. It means he will likely join the #stlblues over the summer.

Heres also an article:

http://bluenotezone.com/2012/02/01/d...ko-khl-or-nhl/

Banned

Don't hold your breath

Banned

SKA offered Tarasenko a contract today to stay in the KHL....

if you can read Russian:

http://www.rsport.ru/hockey/20120521/598172060.html

doesn't mean anything really.... as Armstrong went to Finland to meet with Tarasenko and discuss joining the Blues next year.

as expected, the choice between the 2 leagues is in Tarasenko's hands and we should know his decision fairly soon...

Dobber Sports Veteran

The suspence is killing me.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Veteran

I've been hearing "we'll know in the next week or so" for over a month. All bets are off at this point.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Initiate

Looks like he's coming over, and my team could really use the help.

https://twitter.com/AlexSerenRosso/s...45183717089281

Banned

http://news.sport-express.ru/2012-06-02/514346/

rough translation:

Tarasenko continue his career in the "St. Louis"
    HOCKEY - NHL

HOCKEY - NHL. Vladimir Tarasenko decided to leave the League. Photo by Fyodor Uspensky, "SE"

Vladimir Tarasenko decided to leave the League(KHL). Photo by Fyodor Uspensky, "SE"

SKA Forward Vladimir Tarasenko, (and the Russian team), decided to pursue a career in the "St. Louis". Guide army club spared no effort to keep a rising star in the NHL. The Novosibirsk hockey player was offered a two-year contract under which he would become one of the highest paid players in the league, but he refused. In 2010, Tarasenko was selected by "St. Louis" in the first round of the NHL as the 16th player chosen. (Michael Zislis)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default He is coming

REported he will show up for camp with the Blues....