Thread: Fleury/Clowe for Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Fleury/Clowe for Lundqvist

For the team in my sig.

I give Fleury and Clowe for Lundqvist.

I could win it all this year, does this give me a better shot?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you're trying to win, I would keep what you have. It's hard to vote against that PIT roster going into playoffs, even without Crosby. NYR might not try to turn it around till next season after Torts is fired.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Stud

I would actually do that deal.

Lundqvist is one of the top three fantasy goalies, if not the top fantasy goalie. You've got a lot of goalie cats as well.

Fleury is pretty inconsistent. I owned him for a long while and it was up and down the whole time. Lundqvist has his ups and downs but Fleury outright lost games for me.

Clowe has higher value because of Hits and PIMs but you've got names like Perry, Girardi, Chara, and I saw a few more in your sig. that caught my eye.

I see Lundqvist as a guy you take in the first round of any hockey pool draft. Fleury is a not a first rounder. Clowe is not even close to a first rounder. Quality over quantity.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    If you're trying to win, I would keep what you have. It's hard to vote against that PIT roster going into playoffs, even without Crosby. NYR might not try to turn it around till next season after Torts is fired.
    Agreed.

Keeperwise it's a no brainer, Lundqvist wins. Going for the win this year, Fleury and Clowe give you more stats.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thanks for the input so far guys. That's what is holding me up, I know it's a great deal as far as keepers go. I just can't decide on whether or not Lundy or Fleury gives me more wins down the stretch. Fleury got shellacked last night and with Vokoun as a back-up I'm worried he'll lose a lot of starts. Lundy will play almost every game the Rangers have left
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Initiate

In a heartbeat! Both Clowe and Fleury have had serious question marks surrounding them all season, but Lundqvist is top-3 in the world on a bad day and the best goalie playing hockey on a good day. The fact that he doesn't want a legit star back is huge. Take it and run like the wind.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

The Wolverine

There's risk on both sides, so give me the guy who will definitely help you beyond this year. I know you have a deep league, but there must be someone who can replace Clowe on the wire, or a lesser comparable player? You also have Rask and Schneider - I'm not concerned about losing Fleury.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would take the deal and run! Vokoun has been playing well lately and will steal a lot of starts from Fleury and Lunqvist is the best goalie in the league and NYR will play him every game as they need the win to make the playoffs!