Thread: Hall vs St Louis

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Hall vs St Louis

I'm looking to make a move in the standings, i'm only 15 pts out of 1st. Our league is 1.5pts per Goal and 1 pt per assist. Here's the deal I've been contemplating:

My Taylor Hall, Bobby Ryan & Mike Richards and my 15th pick

for

His Martin St Louis, Damian Brunner, Daniel Briere and his 11th pick

St Louis is the key part of the deal. I feel he could propel me up in the standings, even tho I think he's "over-achieving" right now. But I also think Taylor Hall won't be that far behind him at the end of the year.

Bobby Ryan v.s. Brunner seems pretty even, Ryan is off to a slow start as always.

Richards, I don't mind dealing since I already have a King in Jeff Carter.

Please help... I just can't pull the trigger. Should I?

Dobber Sports Padawan

The deal wouldn't be that bad.
    I'm thinking if you're only 15 points back with only 7 games into the season, you might want to sit tight for now. Injuries are gonna play a major role in this shortened season.
    Might be too bold of a move so early in the season, IMO.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not a big fan of Hall (I think if anyone, he'll get injured), but your league favors goal scorers and Hall/Ryan are scorers.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If you are trying to win this year - then yea I would do this deal. As much as Hall is a health risk - you will not have St Louis or Briere in a few years, and Briere is coming off a wrist injury.

If Bobby Ryan gets moved and then some top line minutes, then I like the Hall side better...

Just make sure Hall wears his helmut in the pre-game skate until this is completed...
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by cormiery View Post
    I'm looking to make a move in the standings, i'm only 15 pts out of 1st. Our league is 1.5pts per Goal and 1 pt per assist. Here's the deal I've been contemplating:

My Taylor Hall, Bobby Ryan & Mike Richards and my 15th pick

for

His Martin St Louis, Damian Brunner, Daniel Briere and his 11th pick

St Louis is the key part of the deal. I feel he could propel me up in the standings, even tho I think he's "over-achieving" right now. But I also think Taylor Hall won't be that far behind him at the end of the year.

Bobby Ryan v.s. Brunner seems pretty even, Ryan is off to a slow start as always.

Richards, I don't mind dealing since I already have a King in Jeff Carter.

Please help... I just can't pull the trigger. Should I?

First off...WELCOME TO THE BOARDS.

2nd off...

I Do NOT like this deal for you at all. In a keeper or 1 year league.

Hall is = to St. Louis IMO this year and >> over the rest of both their careers. Spark Plug Marty only has 2 to 3 quality years left in him. I believe Hall will dazzle for the next 15 years. Injuries or not.

How anyone can equate the unknown/undrafted Brunner to former #2 over all pick Ryan (and I'm not really a Ryan fan) at this stage of their careers is obserd to me. Maybe I'm missing something. This is a total SELL high on Brunner...or buy high on your account.

And BAB Briere for Richards? I understand trying to diversify your players (having Carter) and stacking up on the often enimic Kings isn't wise, but Briere ain't no spring chicken and seems to be layed up as much if not more than Hall...and Hall's injuries are freak. Briere has been ridden hard!

Just my opinion, and feel free to disregard...but the scales are tipped drastically in favor of the GM getting your Hall, Ryan and Richards.

I'd make this deal with out thinking twice...if I was the other GM!

Best of luck.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The way I look at it, is take Brunner and Briere out of the deal. They're inconsequential pieces....sure Brunner has some upside, but he's a couple bad games away from being buried and then heading back to Switzerland in the summer. Briere is old and his days of being fantasy-worthy are over or at least very limited.

So the deal then becomes Hall, Ryan, and Richards for St. Louis......yuck. I love MSL he's one of my favorite players, but there is no way I would ever make that trade. Hall has had some injury issues, but he was on a 70-ish point pace last season. MSL won't outscore him by that much, and Hall is like 16 years younger or something. Ryan will be fine, he's had a slow start but that just means he'll turn his season around later on and be a beast for you down the stretch. Richards is a bit "meh" but at least there's some upside with him for 55-60 points.

So I would not make this trade. If you're looking to win this year, I think the players you currently own give you a better chance at that.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar