Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: The Crystal Ball on Lucic

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: The Crystal Ball on Lucic

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'd argue they're contributing about the same. Lucic's leadership = Brouwers. Contract offset by 2 mil and 2 years. And most importantly, Calgary didn't trade their second bet player just to sign Brouwer.
    If you cant see any difference between Brouwer's 22pts, and Lucic's 42, then there's nothing more to say here, as i've said before its like arguing with a millennial college student, facts don't matter just your feelings.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    If you cant see any difference between Brouwer's 22pts, and Lucic's 42, then there's nothing more to say here, as i've said before its like arguing with a millennial college student, facts don't matter just your feelings.
    I do see a difference. 2 years and 2 million dollars. Intangible wise, they bring about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

^ That's facts.

Also, Brouwer doesn't have full buyout protection or a NMC, so again, more factors to bring difference in value to about equal.

Dobber Sports Pro

I do see a difference. 2 years and 2 million dollars. Intangible wise, they bring about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

^ That's facts.
    Funny cause the difference in $ is 1.5 million not 2. Even the "facts" you use are wrong. see why its impossible to have a debate with you?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Funny cause the difference in $ is 1.5 million not 2. Even the "facts" you use are wrong. see why its impossible to have a debate with you?
    oooooooooooooooo

Point stands. It actually doesn't change the point at all, you just don't have an actual tangible response lol.

Dobber Sports Pro

You're the one whos response to me comparing Lucic and Brouwer's point totals and contracts was to reference Brouwer's leadership and intangibles. so once again you've failed to make a good point.

Dobber Sports Star

- - - Updated - - -

^ That's facts.

Also, Brouwer doesn't have full buyout protection or a NMC, so again, more factors to bring difference in value to about equal.
    As much as it pains me to say it; i agree with RATaylor for the most part on the argument of Lucic. However, there is a LOT of opinion in this whole argument. It's not close to "facts"...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

slap across the bow!

I still miss Hallsy... poor guy exiled to spend his remaining contract days in the bowls of the NHL.
    I worked as a manager in a restaurant in Edmonton for years, and we would often see many Oilers as they frequented the establishment. Hall was always a complete dick, to the serving staff and to the fans who happened to be in the restaurant while they were there. And I mean, he was a dick to kids. If it just happened once, I could chalk it up to a "bad day". However, he was ALWAYS like that. I saw Eberle and Nuge cover for his shitty behaviour more than once. The rest of the Oilers, were always pretty awesome. When I heard that Hall was a part of the "cancer" in the Oiler's dressing room, I didn't have much of a problem believing it.

Now don't get me wrong; I am not asking people to not like him based on my experience. For me, I was pretty happy when he was traded. And now, I don't feel badly for him... not in the slightest...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

A guy I work with was in Edmonton 2 years ago and saw hall stumbke out of the bar fall down drunk. Sat on the curb for a while almost incomprehensible. An old coug came out and they got into a cab and left. Eberle and another oiler he didn't recognize were I'm the bar and seemed sober. During the season. I'm glad they traded him.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):