Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: June 16/17 Fantasy Questions

Dobber Sports Expert

Default June 16/17 Fantasy Questions

Post any questions you have here.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

Hey Gotlaid,

My team's in my sig. I've only included the players I'm even remotely considering keeping. We protect 13 in Sept after Yahoo gets going. We can proetct no more thna 4 at any position and must protect a min of 2 at each positon.

I just traded Lupul and Miller for 2 high picks (1st and 2nd rounder) so I could keep Schneider. I'd love to know your thoughts (and anyone else who chimes in too).

Thanks in advance!

bumchilly25
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Pro

Rank the following players for next season, using the settings from the league in my signature

Jeff Carter
    Martin St. Louis
    Dustin Brown

Thanks!
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)

Dobber Sports Expert

C (4): Crosby, Kesler, Roy, M. Richards,
    LW (4): Ryan, Burrows, Pacioretty,
    RW (4): Perry, Iginla, Hodgson, Ryder
    F (1): J. Williams
    D (5): Byfuglien, Boyle, Karlsson
    G (1): Schneider

Tough decision...

A lot of it would hinge on Schneider and I probably wouldn't have made that Miller move until Luongo was clearly out of town... but anyhoo.

Crosby, Perry, Ryan, Iggy, Byfuglien, Boyle, Karlsson and Schneider are your must keeps...

So that leaves room for about 5 more...

I would definitely keep Ward to at least have a backup plan for Schneider in case Luongo stays in Vancouver, but that could change come Sept.

I'm on the fence about Kesler... he's expected to be on the shelf till at least November, but from what I've read about the history of torn labrums, players don't generally bounce back too well after having that surgery in the off-season.

Roy had a bad season, but he and the Sabres should bounce back they're a much better team than what they showed last year.

Richards is coming off of a high after winning the Cup. I don't know about his overall point production but he should be a keeper given your choice of players you have...

Burrows I'm not a fan of in your settings. It's mostly points based and Burrows isn't a high end points producer. But once again given your options I don't think there's a better option available.

Max Pac I love, I think he's going to have a great season next year. "Magical fourth year too" and getting lots of ice-time in a top offensive role with the Habs. Keep!

Hodgson, once again on the fence on... I didn't really see him have a major impact with the Sabres at the end of the season. The Sabres are deep in offensive players and I don't know if Hodgson will rise to the top in his role.

Ryder, once again on the fence too, had a decent season, good role with the stars, but do you keep him over a Burrows?

Williams, didn't play a massive role this year, and had the luxury of Gagne being out long term too. If Gagne is back the ice-time could slip. With Kops, Brown, Richards, Carter, Williams and Gagne... I don't know if there's going to be a lot of points to spread around especially given LA's defense first system...

Stepan, could be interesting as I think he'll be ready to take the next step, the problem is with Gabby out for the first 1/4 of the season, the offensive support won't be there. But with that said he is a Torts type of player and will get good TOI.

I might be inclined to keep Kesler, Roy, Richards, Max Pac and Ryder... With an extra 1st and 2nd you could always go back and grab Burrows or Williams back if necessary...

Crosby, Kesler, Roy, Richards, Ryan, Max Pac, Perry, Iggy, Byfuglien, Boyle, Karlsson, Schneider and Ward. Burrows/Stepan would be my bubble boys.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cannon View Post
    Rank the following players for next season, using the settings from the league in my signature

Jeff Carter
    Martin St. Louis
    Dustin Brown

Thanks!
    Yesssh tough one... because of your settings...

Brown's 294 hits would be equivalent to 15 goals or 30 assists more goals and that's the kicker for me, and I don't know if St. Louis or Carter would be 15 goals or 30 assists more than Brown...

Brown
    St. Louis
    Carter

Carter and St. Louis I think could be interchangeable, but Carter does have an injury history and is likely to miss at least a few games next season, which is why I slotted him down to third. St. Louis also missed Lecavalier for much of the second-half with Vinny's hand injury, which is why his production dropped a bit in the 2nd half, if Vinny is healthy and Stammy keeps doing what he's doing, he could be back to 90 point production, but not enough to offset Brown's 44 extra points from the hits though.
    Last edited by Maaaasquito; June 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Can you rank the players in my sig for production next season? Thanks!
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Gotlaid, could you do a quick audit of my team in my signature if possible (where I should make improvements etc)
    as always thanks so much!
    Last edited by rougie; June 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM.
    10 team keeper league points only
    pts: g=1 a=1 w=3 so=2 Cap 99.21m
    starting roster 12f, 6d, 1g Current Cap 99.12
    Forwards
    Malkin, Scheifele, Gaudreau, Kessel, Point, Atkinson, Palmieri, Bratt, Tuch, Borgstrom, Fiala, Steel
    Defense
    Hedman, Krug, Muzzin, Subban, Yandle, Brodie,
    Goalie
    Bobrovsky
    Reserves
    Hinostroza, Brannstrom, Andersson, Vaakanainen, Blackwood

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Gotlaid, what did you have for breakfast this morning??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Can you rank the players in my sig for production next season? Thanks!
    Forwards: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Seguin, Selanne, Radulov, Weiss, Brassard, Ladd, Purcell, Desjarnais

Defense: Yandle, Letang, Shattenkirk, Kulikov, Martin, Hamonic

Goalies: Fleury, Halak, Khabibulin

Prospects: Yakupov, Grigorenko, Larsson

I don't know what you mean by rank? As in best to worst? or what I think they'll produce point-wise?

Forwards: Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom, Selanne*, Seguin, Weiss, Brassard, Purcell, Ladd, Deharnais

Defense: Shattenkirk, Letang, Yandle, Kulikov, Martin, Hamonic

Goalies: Halak, Fleury, Khabibulin
    Last edited by Maaaasquito; June 17, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Does Radulov sign with an NHL team this summer? Assuming he does, now that we know Nashville won't re-sign him, what type of point production can we expect?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rougie View Post
    Hey Gotlaid, could you do a quick audit of my team in my signature if possible (where I should make improvements etc)
    as always thanks so much!
    I really like your forwards. Malkin, Ovechkin, Parise are top notch, Duche and Stastny should bounce back... Kane looks legit and ready to take the leadership reigns in WPG. Roy should rebound after a dismal season this year.

Rads I don't think will be in the NHL this year. But I could see him going to a high-profile team like the Rangers, Leafs, Nucks maybe even Avs... But I'm going to stick assume that he leaves...

Hudler (in Det) I'm not a fan of only because his production is always going to be limited with Datsyuk, Zets taking most of the offense. If they add Parise that hurts him even more. With that said he's UFA so he could walk and join another team. I'm pretty big into my stats and he actually ranks 93rd overall in terms of point efficiency he averages a point every 1522 secs, which is around the same efficiency as guys like E. Staal, Iggy, Jokinen, Parise, B. Richards, P. Kane, Havlat... So if he goes to a team where they'll give him top-six TOI (19-20+ mins a game) he could really bust out.

Little, Simmonds, Turris are great role players. Nothing special, but good enough to hold the fort down as 50-point bench players to slot in once in awhile. Little I'd keep an eye on, since Feb. 28, the trio of Little, Wheeler and Ladd were in the top 10 in terms of scoring, so there's definitely some chemistry there, I wouldn't expect huge numbers, but a nice bench total of 50-60 points isn't all that bad...

Defense is probably where you need the most help on, your D corps is really young and unproven if you compare them to the "big namers" on D. So that's probably an area I'd target to work on.

Hiller/Halak are decent options as a #1 and 2, so nothing I'd majorly want to do there.

Reserves: Jokinen is a good bencher, he and Staal actually have really good chemistry together and if they can be consistent they could be a great duo next season. Especially if they can get some help in the 2nd/3rd lines.

Tarasenko - I'd temper my expectations for. He is highly touted, but as you read in the ramblings, the situation isn't ideal for fantasy purposes. It's too "offense by committee" for my liking, he'll probably get 14-15 a game and get somewhere around 35-45 points...

J.Schultz - depending on where he lands and what type of role he gets. The way he's handling the situation doesn't scream out team player to me... Maybe he's expecting to be handed a starting job right away rather than earning it, and if he isn't NHL ready I could see him busting...

S.Elliott - I really like him, good spot with the Avs as well. First year was a learning year, so he should take another step once again, but I wouldn't expect crazy numbers, maybe 25-30 points.

Larsson - Didn't really get a true shot this year as the Devils had high expectations after their cup run. But the Devils going deep gave him much more learning experience from the press box, should get a bit more ice-time this year, but once again temper expectations. Zids is the man for the next year.

Stempniak(will be dropped) - fair enough

Filatov(will be dropped) - fair enough

Tangradi(will be dropped) - fair enough

Hope it helps.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    Does Radulov sign with an NHL team this summer? Assuming he does, now that we know Nashville won't re-sign him, what type of point production can we expect?

Thanks!
    Tough one... I don't think anyone but Rads knows that answer to that question... the thing is there aren't a lot of teams that will perfectly match Rads.

To me he's a free-flow type of player. He's like Kovalchuk (pre Devils) in a way that he's not someone that buys into a system, but he wants the system to buy into him, and in this day and age of the NHL, I don't think a lot of teams employ that type of structure.

Pretty much all NHL teams get their player to buy into their coaches system and in the current state most coaches employs a strong two-way defense first system. Unless an offensive coach comes along and says screw defense we're winning games by outscoring the opposition then I don't think Rads will really fit any NHL at the moment.

The best teams that I can see fit that bill might be TB, Carolina, Islanders... If he goes to one of those teams and the coaches are willing to put up with his defensive lapses but take advantage of his offensive abilities and give him 20+ mins a game, then I could really see him succeeding in the NHL.

But if he goes to a team that will try to convince him to buy into the coaches (defensive) system, it's going to fail miserably cause it's just not going to work.

I would probably think he goes back to the KHL... if he stays here in a defensive team probably 45-55 points. If he goes to an offensive team willing to cater to him, 70-80.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Gotlaid, what did you have for breakfast this morning??
    Hey, you missed my question..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlaid View Post
    Tough decision...

A lot of it would hinge on Schneider and I probably wouldn't have made that Miller move until Luongo was clearly out of town... but anyhoo.
    Yeah, we only start 1 G per week in my league, so trading Miller to keep Schneids was a no brainer. Worst case, I keep Ward, but really, goalies are super easy to come by.

Great job!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Hey, you missed my question..
    Shoot forgot that one...

Bacon and Egg Sandwich, it was yum!