Page 216 of 370 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 226 266 316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Lack of depth is killing Oilers. Shut down or limit their first line and u have a shot to beat them every game.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Edmonton really needs Draisaitl to start carrying his own line.
    Completely agree.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Pro

Edmonton really needs Draisaitl to start carrying his own line. Whether thats on McLellan or on Drai, I dunno.
    Agree as well. I was thinking Nuge with Puljujarvi and Draisaitl...give them some time to gel and build a real second line. Put Lucic on the 3rd line where he belongs and give Strome a real long audition with McDavid.

Dobber Sports Stud

If Slepyshev gets/stays healthy will he be on Nugent-Hopkins for good, he has a goal and assist the last few games on that line. Edmonton doesn't have the best Rw depth
    NFHA categories: G(25) A(25) PIM(3) Hits(2) Blocks(2) PPP(15) SHP(20) Goalie Stats: W(50) Sv(2) ShOu(100) OtL(10) ShL(10) L(-10) GA(-12)
    Cold As Ice Dynasty H2H categories: G A PIM SOG PPP +/- HIT BLK WINS GAA SV% SHO
    Starting Roster:
    Center - Giroux, Krejci, W.Karlsson
    Left Wing - Hall, Guentzel, Danault
    Right Wing - Stone, R.Smith, Compher
    Ultility Forward - Fast, Gaborik
    Defense - Klingberg, Pietrangelo, Jones, C.Miller, Phanuef, E.Johnson
    Goalie - Allen, R.Miller
    Bench - M.Foligno, Sheahan, Laughton, Glendening, Djoos, Jensen, H.Fleury
    Prospects - Kyrou, Andersson Hinostroza, Grundstrom, Roy, Timmins, Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Lindgren

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Agree as well. I was thinking Nuge with Puljujarvi and Draisaitl...give them some time to gel and build a real second line. Put Lucic on the 3rd line where he belongs and give Strome a real long audition with McDavid.
    I like that idea. When was the last time they tried that?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    I like that idea. When was the last time they tried that?
    They havent really shuffled the lines in about 100 games. Maroon's had a free ride for a long time now. Taking bad penalties most guys would get benched for after so many.
    Im all for a major shuffle to kick-start the offense and establish clear PP guys and PK guys.
    Too much crossover between PP and PK guys, its difficult to take pride in being a PK'er when you are also a fixture on every PP. *cough* Letestu. There's others too.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Letestu has consistently made Edmonton’s PP perform better than it does without him. I don’t believe he is the problem.

Dobber Sports Pro

Letestu has consistently made Edmonton’s PP perform better than it does without him. I don’t believe he is the problem.
    Can you really say that confidently this year? The point was tho, that we have all these guys that play both PP and PK, and both units stink.

Of course Letestu isnt the main problem on the PP, the lack of an offensive dman is, but my suggestion was based around improving the PK, and the idea that maybe just maybe, the PK is struggling partially cause its full of guys who also play on every PP. Not seeing that extra energy and willingness to block every shot and hustle to cover a passing lane out of our PK.

Dobber Sports Pro

double post oops
    ..slow internet today

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Can you really say that confidently this year? The point was tho, that we have all these guys that play both PP and PK, and both units stink.

Of course Letestu isnt the main problem on the PP, the lack of an offensive dman is, but my suggestion was based around improving the PK, and the idea that maybe just maybe, the PK is struggling partially cause its full of guys who also play on every PP. Not seeing that extra energy and willingness to block every shot and hustle to cover a passing lane out of our PK.
    I can confidently say a 17 game sample size is generally irrelevant when taken in context with his larger body of work on the Edmonton PP. I also don't believe playing on the PP has any bearing on a player's willingness to block a shot on the PK. Energy? Maybe, I doubt it. RNH and Letestu play both special teams last year and were just fine.

Dobber Sports Pro

Energy? Maybe
    we agree then

we agree then
    Just weird that they could do it just fine last year but all of a sudden it’s an issue this year, but sure. I’d still take Letestu and RNH off the PK before I took them off the PP.

Dobber Sports Wizard

That is an interesting question and it would be interesting if someone made some proper research into this topic. Some players and coaches seem to think that it's better to have elite players on the PK so that they don't get cold sitting on the bench. For example, the Jets are regularly using Wheeler and Scheifele on the PK. Is that good or bad for their offense? Is that good or bad for their PK? Those would be interesting questions to look into, and of course the research would need to include much more than just one team.

But as said, it's an interesting topic but I don't know if there are any right or wrong answers right now. Or maybe there are but we just don't know what's right and what's wrong.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That is an interesting question and it would be interesting if someone made some proper research into this topic. Some players and coaches seem to think that it's better to have elite players on the PK so that they don't get cold sitting on the bench. For example, the Jets are regularly using Wheeler and Scheifele on the PK. Is that good or bad for their offense? Is that good or bad for their PK? Those would be interesting questions to look into, and of course the research would need to include much more than just one team.

But as said, it's an interesting topic but I don't know if there are any right or wrong answers right now. Or maybe there are but we just don't know what's right and what's wrong.
    I know in Jr's (I can speak from watching the Q) that it's common practice to play the star players on the PK.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."