Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    yup , but its been dark at my commute time for around a week now and when nov 5th comes its going to be light again for another few weeks which buggers me up and is a ''random thought''
    Ah preemptive thought! Yeah it's super weird leaving my outside light on leaving for work (5-6am), and coming home around 4 with it on. I always forget because it's so dark!

But just you wait, December rolls around and some of us won't see the sun all day! Those are depressing times.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Magnificent One

Just looked it up - like here in the US, where two states don't observe daylight savings time, apparently there are parts of Canada which don't as well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Just looked it up - like here in the US, where two states don't observe daylight savings time, apparently there are parts of Canada which don't as well.
    There's towns in Provinces that don't observe DST, which is even weirder to me. But the whole DST is actually costing money to the country I read once, so these areas decided to do away with it, don't quite get how one town it could be noon, but drive 30minutes and it's 1pm, but whatever

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I should say I could retire, but at mid-20s, getting the stuff I want, I wouldn?t have the savings I?d personally want to help my (future) kids through school and stuff.

Plus it?s 55mill over x number of yrs, or lets say 25 straight up. I?d take 25mill straight up. Then it?s taxed I?m guessing, so it gets low pretty quickly (low is a relative term)
    Good news! Lottery winnings are not taxed in Canada, that should keep you out of the poor house when you win.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Good news! Lottery winnings are not taxed in Canada, that should keep you out of the poor house when you win.
    Well I just lost about half to you on a consultants fee.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I should say I could retire, but at mid-20s, getting the stuff I want, I wouldn’t have the savings I’d personally want to help my (future) kids through school and stuff.

Plus it’s 55mill over x number of yrs, or lets say 25 straight up. I’d take 25mill straight up. Then it’s taxed I’m guessing, so it gets low pretty quickly (low is a relative term)
    Try to put this in perspective...first of all, it's Canada, so no tax $55M. You say you are in your mid-20's, so you would probably want to factor in earnings until you are at least 90 years old. That's 65 years. $55M divided by 65 years is $846,153.84 per year. That's if you didn't invest a single dime and put it all under your mattress. If you do this, your bed would so high, you'd probably need a long ladder. Also, I would probably rob you. I would only take a few million, so that by the time you figured out that you were short money, you'd be too old to beat me up.

Unless you are foolhardy, which sadly many (most?) big lottery winners are, you would have way more than plenty of money to take care of your future. Imagine investing $50M (after spending $5M on a house and nice care, etc), in a relatively safe investment. With compound interest, you would be able to live quite fine for the rest of your life.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Try to put this in perspective...first of all, it's Canada, so no tax $55M. You say you are in your mid-20's, so you would probably want to factor in earnings until you are at least 90 years old. That's 65 years. $55M divided by 65 years is $846,153.84 per year. That's if you didn't invest a single dime and put it all under your mattress. If you do this, your bed would so high, you'd probably need a long ladder. Also, I would probably rob you. I would only take a few million, so that by the time you figured out that you were short money, you'd be too old to beat me up.

Unless you are foolhardy, which sadly many (most?) big lottery winners are, you would have way more than plenty of money to take care of your future. Imagine investing $50M (after spending $5M on a house and nice care, etc), in a relatively safe investment. With compound interest, you would be able to live quite fine for the rest of your life.
    I don't know if this is correct but I heard once that you don't pay tax on the original 55 Million you win but you pay tax at the end of the year as if it was yearly income but am no accountant by any means but not sure if they meant you only pay tax on what you make through investments? Either way I'd buy $5 Mill Home, Give out about 20 Million to close family then invest 10-15 million then just sit on the last 10-15 Million and just live conservatively. Would do some travelling for sure though .... love to visit New York and Italy.

Oh and Buffalo ..... and watch the Sabres lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Lotto Max is up to $60M this week...Stuntman12 - if you invest a portion aggressively, you might actually be in a position to BUY a significant portion of the Sabres!! Imagine that!? Also, if you win, I'd like you to know that I consider you close family now.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The Lotto Max is up to $60M this week...Stuntman12 - if you invest a portion aggressively, you might actually be in a position to BUY a significant portion of the Sabres!! Imagine that!? Also, if you win, I'd like you to know that I consider you close family now.

ha ha good one. I suppose I could afford a little gift $500-$1000 if I win! .... am buying a ticket tomorrow!!!

you like Rolex's?

I'll bring you and Das to a hockey game as well!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    ha ha good one. I suppose I could afford a little gift $500-$1000 if I win! .... am buying a ticket tomorrow!!!

you like Rolex's?

I'll bring you and Das to a hockey game as well!
    Not into Rolex's, but I wouldn't say no to anything! I'll buy my tickets as well and hope for the best!

Dobber Sports Master

jackie redmond leaving sportsnet for nhl network in NY = less eye candy on t.v for us canooks .

treat her well in USA !

Dobber Sports Icon

Sorry Stuntman, the $60mil is mine this week (unlikely as we never win the jackpot on the east coast). But if/when I win, I'll take you down to a Sabres/Bruins game

Dobber Sports Titan

With the lottery in the states, not sure about Canada (cause i watched that show, How Winning the Lottery Ruined My Life), you don't actually get 55mill straight up. If you win you have the option of getting (just pulling numbers out of my butt) 25mill straight up, or 1mill a yr for 55yrs. This is because they actually only have 25mill on hand, and they invest it to bring it to 55mill (which is why they say roughly, or estimated winnings). So the true winning number to figure out is either 1mill a yr for 55yrs, or 25mill and invest it yourself.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Sorry Stuntman, the $60mil is mine this week (unlikely as we never win the jackpot on the east coast). But if/when I win, I'll take you down to a Sabres/Bruins game
    Same, if I win I'll bring ya down for a game.

.... I think that's all I would do if I won the lottery, go around travelling and watching games and having fun.

Dobber Sports Ace

I like carbonated water.