Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some love for Brandon Montour?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Some love for Brandon Montour?

Have a look at this tool here on capfriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

Montour is exempt, but I don't understand why because they both have one more year of their ELC.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Have a look at this tool here on capfriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft

Montour is exempt, but I don't understand why because they both have one more year of their ELC.
    Pulock was drafted a year earlier than Montour , idk if thats a factor .

still really burns my ass that for such a limited amount of nhl exposure he requires protecting - when scanning other nhl teams the only other guy that stands out in the same situation is Koekoek-TB

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Pulock was drafted a year earlier than Montour , idk if thats a factor .

still really burns my ass that for such a limited amount of nhl exposure he requires protecting - when scanning other nhl teams the only other guy that stands out in the same situation is Koekoek-TB
    It's because of that 2014-2015 which Pulock spent in the AHL (counts as pro hockey season) but it didn't burn a year off his ELC. It's the same for many players who are born between September 15th (I think that was the cut-off date) and December 31st. They can play a full season in the AHL without burning a year off their ELC. Emile Poirier is another example of this.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    It's because of that 2014-2015 which Pulock spent in the AHL (counts as pro hockey season) but it didn't burn a year off his ELC. It's the same for many players who are born between September 15th (I think that was the cut-off date) and December 31st. They can play a full season in the AHL without burning a year off their ELC. Emile Poirier is another example of this.
    this is something I just realized after you pointed it out - thanks .

3 seasons in AHL , yet he still has 1 year left on elc .Why wouldnt he have been forced to play in CHL during that freebie season though considering he was still under 20 when season started ?

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Montour but the kool-aid is getting a tad to sugary on the forums lately. He's definitely the flavor of the month right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

do the ducks have to protect him or is he exempt ?

isles have to protect Pulock who has similar AHL gp's to him so I'll assume yes.
    it's not dependent on games played. I believe that players with over 2 years of pro experience need to be protected. Montour just finished up his second pro season. Pulock has already been in the AHL for three full seasons.

Dobber Sports Wizard

this is something I just realized after you pointed it out - thanks .

3 seasons in AHL , yet he still has 1 year left on elc .Why wouldnt he have been forced to play in CHL during that freebie season though considering he was still under 20 when season started ?
    If player turns 20 before the year ends, he can play in the AHL. But if he wasn't 20 when the NHL season started, it doesn't burn a year off his ELC. It's a weird rule. As said, affects people who are born late in the year, between the start of NHL season and end of the year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Montour but the kool-aid is getting a tad to sugary on the forums lately. He's definitely the flavor of the month right now.
    I completely agree with this. He's at best Anaheim's #4 dman next year behind Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen and Manson. I know that math doesn't add up because the Ducks are going to lose one of the 4 mentioned either through trade or the expansion draft. I would be shocked if Montour had 35 points next season. Let's not forget that he's 23 years old which is the same age as Hampus Lindholm and a full year older than Shea Theodore.

Dobber Sports Stud

Montour is fortunate enough to be on the right side which is far less deep.

I believe Vatanen will be the most likely player to leave - although the injury may put a stop to that.. Leaving Lindholm, Fowler, Theodore on the left side and Manson, Montour, Bieksa on the right.

I know who I would want on the right side of my power play unit.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I just traded him for Sergachev . I know he's more developed than Sergachev but I have a lot of faith in StevieY , call me crazy ,
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    I just traded him for Sergachev . I know he's more developed than Sergachev but I have a lot of faith in StevieY , call me crazy ,
    I've been one of the kook aid guys on Montour, I'll say ouch. Good luck to you. (But it would be bad luck for me. Ha )

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    That's a great deal for you. Well done.

The Great One

Recency bias at this time of year is a huge factor...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.