Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where will Fleury get traded?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Where will Fleury get traded?

Sorry Praba. You're removing the human element and he's simply not going to do that.

He doesn't want to screw over Pittsburgh. Whether you agree with that or not, that's simply how it goes. He's going to work with Pittsburgh and find a deal to help them out.

Sorry you don't think that's what he "should" do. But it is what he will do.

I actually think it's smarter for Pittsburgh to protect Letang, Schultz, Maatta, and Dumoulin, and expose a F, but I'd also protect Dumoulin over Maatta.

The Great One

So if Fleury wants to stay in Pittsburgh, if his wife loves the city, if he doesn't want to relocate with two young daughters, if he wants to remain a Penguin...........He's not allowed to because it will 'screw over Pitssburgh'?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So if Fleury wants to stay in Pittsburgh, if his wife loves the city, if he doesn't want to relocate with two young daughters, if he wants to remain a Penguin...........He's not allowed to because it will 'screw over Pitssburgh'?
    exactly.

he's spent his whole career there, he obviously wants to stay. he has no reason to help out pittsburgh when they are the ones trying to move on from him.

pittsburgh is going to do what's best for them and that is to get rid of fleury. so why wouldn't fleury do what's best for him and his family as well?

now i still think he will be traded because he has a limited NTC, because of the risk of him getting traded to a city he doesn't want to go to. he'll work with pittsburgh to get a trade done to a team he wants to play for. but it has nothing to do with the "human" element.

if he had a full NMC this wouldn't even be a question, he'd stay in pittsburgh as he has every right to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    He's allowed to, he's just not going to negatively impact his Pittsburgh legacy that way.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    exactly.he's spent his whole career there, he obviously wants to stay. he has no reason to help out pittsburgh when they are the ones trying to move on from him
    Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    He's allowed to, he's just not going to negatively impact his Pittsburgh legacy that way.
    I think it's a mix of both parties having mutual respect for one another. Pittsburgh respects that Fleury went through this whole process with class and how he bailed them out in the playoffs this year after the whole ordeal. On the flip side, Fleury will want what is best for his family going forward so the Pens will try to do what is best for him (of course, without hurting their team too much).

Again, from what I heard, Fleury is OK going to Vegas but maybe it will take a contract extension or something before it can be done... in about a month's time, we will all know for sure
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

If you want to argue the "human element" position, then it should be Pittsburgh who lets Fleury and his family stay in the city they call home, not Fleury sacrificing what is best for him and his family in order to allow a corporation to keep a young asset.

Fleury has been a loyal player and stand up guy in Pittsburgh, is loved by his teammates, has a family that is deeply rooted there, and has helped them win a couple of cups and might make it a third. All "human element" reasons for Pittsburgh to pass on the enticement of the young prospect in Murray and let the guy who they willingly signed to a contract through 2019 stay and finish it up if he wants to.

Pittsburgh will (most likely) move on from Fleury because the "human element" is not as important as the "business element", and the pretty clear best option for the business is to move forward with the young asset. This is how I look at it, anyways.

Also, there is no way Fleury can FORCE Pittsburgh to keep him. He can block the 12 teams that have highest need of a goalie, but if Pittsburgh absolutely wants him gone so that they can keep Murray then they would just need to trade Fleury dirt cheap to one of the other 18 teams, or failing that GIVE AWAY whatever it takes in terms of assets in order to get one of the unblocked teams to take him off their hands.

If Fleury is still on the Pens next year it will be because they decided to let it happen, not because he forced their hand.

Business decisions don't have a "human element". Well, they shouldn't.

Individuals do.

Kinda the point I was making there.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Business decisions don't have a "human element". Well, they shouldn't.

Individuals do.

Kinda the point I was making there.
    Hehe I get what you mean though but I just had to post this up as we were discussing this at work not too long ago:

In either case, I feel Pittsburgh will do right by Fleury here. I just don't know how exactly and to what extent...
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wouldn't rule Dallas out... they might just want a fourth!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Buffalo, Calgary, Vegas, Winnipeg?
    Philly could use him but I don't see them trading him to their rival.

Curious to see how Dallas gets rid of one of their Finnish goalies too.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Buffalo, Calgary, Vegas, Winnipeg?
    Philly could use him but I don't see them trading him to their rival.

Curious to see how Dallas gets rid of one of their Finnish goalies too.
    Every beat writer that covers the team says they're buying out Niemi.

I feel pretty confident in saying they're buying out Niemi.

Dobber Sports Giant

Local news out of Montreal but it was said that Fleury's wife, Veronique Larosee, has been visiting schools in the Vegas area. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but the same sources that told me that it was a ''done deal'' about a month ago claim that the next step is the school enrollment (should not happen before the playoffs are over in order to avoid any unwanted media attention during the Cup Finals).

I think as soon as the Cup is raised by either team, the next day, we find out where Fleury is headed!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Local news out of Montreal but it was said that Fleury's wife, Veronique Larosee, has been visiting schools in the Vegas area. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but the same sources that told me that it was a ''done deal'' about a month ago claim that the next step is the school enrollment (should not happen before the playoffs are over in order to avoid any unwanted media attention during the Cup Finals).

I think as soon as the Cup is raised by either team, the next day, we find out where Fleury is headed!
    I think there are only two reasons why Fleury would end up in Vegas - either no other team wants him (or is willing to pay anything to get him I mean) or that's the only place where Fleury wants to go.

Pittsburgh cannot get anything for Fleury if he goes to Vegas, so if there's any team out there willing to give picks/prospects for him, then that would be better for the team. But it's totally possible no other team wants him bad enough.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think there are only two reasons why Fleury would end up in Vegas - either no other team wants him (or is willing to pay anything to get him I mean) or that's the only place where Fleury wants to go.

Pittsburgh cannot get anything for Fleury if he goes to Vegas, so if there's any team out there willing to give picks/prospects for him, then that would be better for the team. But it's totally possible no other team wants him bad enough.
    No, that's the thing... From what I've heard, Vegas would be giving the Pens an asset or 2 to avoid them trading him to another team. Of course the return has to be equal or better than what they can get for him in a trade but from the likes of it, he seems to have accepted his fate in Vegas.

Minors:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    No, that's the thing... From what I've heard, Vegas would be giving the Pens an asset or 2 to avoid them trading him to another team. Of course the return has to be equal or better than what they can get for him in a trade but from the likes of it, he seems to have accepted his fate in Vegas.
    What could they give? They only have Shipachyov and their entry draft picks. Do they give their high 2nd round pick? I'm just not sure that would make so much sense at this point. But I guess anything is possible.