Page 147 of 412 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 6179

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

But could you guys not save this for an NHL dark night?
    Maybe late in the 2nd round or something?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Man. LEAFS didn't play a sound game tonight... very sloppy, lots of give aways. Couldn't win a face off in the 1st. And still...take the president trophy winners to 5-4 in the dieing seconds of the 3rd.

I'll take that!

Dobber Sports Ninja

That giveaway at the blue line was devastating. I really think they had a shot before that happened.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    That giveaway at the blue line was devastating. I really think they had a shot before that happened.
    Tough for Brown. He heeled the pass when trying to get it to the guy breaking out of the zone (Rielly?). The dumber move was Carrick trying to be fancy at the line and go between his legs to bring the puck up.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Buds may have lost the battle last night, and in other news, it appears the Sens Troll managed to win himself another Banning.

Blink Blink.

But back to the point of the thread...Time to bounce back Leafs. It's a new best of 3 series! The goal differential from the past 4 games is ZERO... which in and of itself is a fantastic result in addition to the currently tied series. I'm having fun!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Buds may have lost the battle last night, and in other news, it appears the Sens Troll managed to win himself another Banning.
    !
    What did we miss here, anything in particular that happened in a thread?
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    !
    What did we miss here, anything in particular that happened in a thread?

Some of the usual back and forth but of course, the best posts got deleted. It was here in this one.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yes.. Something about all of us being Dumb and his generosity to grace us with his brilliance and presence.

Neither here nor there now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I'm a huge Carrick fan and I'm so surprised he would do something like that in that moment.
    Did he last second see the puck as it was behind him? Or maybe he didn’t know there was pressure on his left and he wanted to turn it up the ice quickly?

Either way it was dumb because 1, your guy is down too, 2 the caps are changing and you’re by the boards (never rush that way), and 3 you’re on the blue line CARRICK.

I’m sure they’ve been told more times than we could count already what they did wrong. Friday night hockey is going to be fun to watch, hopefully Leafs come out HARD. Get the crowd out of it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He hates "Russian Hockey Players". The soft style. That's why he loves Radulov because he plays like Ovi, more NA style. If Zaitsev was a 6'4" 230lb Weber look-a-like he'd love him even if his +/- was bad.

It's funny to see the Quennville comments when Team Canada management thinks Babcock is a better headcoach, because JQ is Babs assistant. Both are in a tier of their own.
    Babcock was selected as TC head coach in 2010, when perception was that he is a better head coach than JQ. Would upset the apple cart of a winning squad to change that now, hence his selection in 2014 and 2016. That doesn't mean Babcock is a better coach, that means there was no reason or justification to switch them.

Quennville is a better coach than Babcock. Their records speak for themselves. That doesn't mean Babcock is bad, or trash. He is one of the best. He just most certainly is not THE best, that honor goes to Quennville (obviously talking about active coaches).

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke View Post
    Some of the usual back and forth but of course, the best posts got deleted. It was here in this one.
    why delete the best posts? This is like having turkey dinner at Christmas without gravy.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Babcock was selected as TC head coach in 2010, when perception was that he is a better head coach than JQ. Would upset the apple cart of a winning squad to change that now, hence his selection in 2014 and 2016. That doesn't mean Babcock is a better coach, that means there was no reason or justification to switch them.

Quennville is a better coach than Babcock. Their records speak for themselves. That doesn't mean Babcock is bad, or trash. He is one of the best. He just most certainly is not THE best, that honor goes to Quennville (obviously talking about active coaches).
    I don't see how discrediting Babcock's achievements with Team Canada is any different than Quennville with Chicago. His team was STACKED for years, and only recently the Hawks are feeling the effects of the cap crunch and the team hasn't been that successful.

They are both good coaches but I don't rank them in their own tier, not even any higher than someone like Trotz. In fact I think what he did with a small budget team in Nashville is even more impressive.

This was a very good year for Babcock, but the jack adams should go to Tortorella.

Dobber Sports Titan

Way to go Leafs! Way beyond what we all thought was going to happen in September 2016. If this was a year of pain, then omg we're going to be so happy moving forward. Just stinks today.

Things we learned:
    Kadri and Gardiner weren't bad players
    The rookies were all hits
    Unsung rookies made huge impacts (Brown, Hyman, Kap)
    Marner is not too small
    We have our goalie
    Teams respect/fear the Leafs now. Almost every week we heard how other teams praised the Leafs. Trotz finished off the series by telling Babcock, "You've got a hell of a team". And that the Leafs grew before his (Trotz) eyes this series.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Yes, it was a pretty special year although it's tough to accept that last goal, knowing how much Babcock praises Marincin. What the heck is he doing there? Marincin lost position twice within 4 seconds on Johansen and then left his stick completely free to tap in the winner. Just brutal defending there by the ex-Oiler. If they protect him over Carrick, I'm going to be SO peeved. Although, admittedly, Carrick struggled in this series too.

I sure hope Boyle comes back. What a difference he made in such a short amount of time. It'll be interesting to see how Kappy does in a full season too, hopefully with some PP time.
    Now... let's just hope the kids don't have too many sophomore slumps.

p.s. What the heck was wrong with Marner in the post season? Tired? I know he got some points, but he didn't look like the same dangerous threat at all that he was for most of the season. He looked really worn down.

Matthews, Nylander, Gardiner, Rielly, and Andersen were all terrific in the post-season. Although I can't help but wonder how that series goes if Andersen doesn't let in that horrendous Game 1 OT winner. Still can't believe he missed that shot.
    Worst part of the Marincin goal was that was Polak’s spot. You’d like to believe Polak wouldn’t have let that happen.

I’d like to think Marner was worn down, and his style doesn’t compliment the Playoffs yet due to his size right now. After his flu that slowed him down near the end of the season, he didn’t seem to have the same dynamic ability.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm already stoked for next year. This team is going to be so damn good. Add one stay at home top4 Dman, bring up Dermott for #6 duty... and there we go.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4