Thread: Experience in Fantrax using scoring ranges.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Experience in Fantrax using scoring ranges.

Hey everyone, next year in a Fantrax keeper me and a buddy are setting up, we wanted to use GAA and SV% in goalie cats. Now our league is a head to head points league so the only way that we feel comfortable using these two stats is by using the range feature.

When you select score by range there are 4 boxes and from what I can see I am only meant to fill out the first 3 as you can't really have a specific number of GAA. If this is confusing let me show you. So for example below is what I see when I want to set by range.....

From ______ to _____, assign ______point(s) for every _____GAA.

I have the following values set...

From 0 to 1, assign 10 point(s) for every _____GAA.

What I'm wondering is, am I supposed to leave that last category blank? In my mind if I leave it as is, at the end of the week, the website will tally the average of my goalies and if my goalies is anywhere from 0-1 I'll get an extra 10 goalie points that week. Or do I have to input a value of 1 for the _____GAA space? Does that make sense or am I filling in the values wrong.

I'm certain someone has used this feature before so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton Dobberites.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Smokie View Post
    Hey everyone, next year in a Fantrax keeper me and a buddy are setting up, we wanted to use GAA and SV% in goalie cats. Now our league is a head to head points league so the only way that we feel comfortable using these two stats is by using the range feature.

When you select score by range there are 4 boxes and from what I can see I am only meant to fill out the first 3 as you can't really have a specific number of GAA. If this is confusing let me show you. So for example below is what I see when I want to set by range.....

From ______ to _____, assign ______point(s) for every _____GAA.

I have the following values set...

From 0 to 1, assign 10 point(s) for every _____GAA.

What I'm wondering is, am I supposed to leave that last category blank? In my mind if I leave it as is, at the end of the week, the website will tally the average of my goalies and if my goalies is anywhere from 0-1 I'll get an extra 10 goalie points that week. Or do I have to input a value of 1 for the _____GAA space? Does that make sense or am I filling in the values wrong.

I'm certain someone has used this feature before so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton Dobberites.
    I think you got it right. They are providing an example based on PIMs on the site, which I'll quote below.

Point Ranges
    You may assign 1 or more point ranges for each scoring category instead of a fixed point value.
    If you leave the 4th field blank in any range, then if the stat falls anywhere within that range, the number of points assigned for that range will be awarded.
    If the ranges are cumulative, then the points accumulated from each range will be added together up until the range that the stat falls in. If the ranges are non-cumulative, then only the points accumulated from the range that the stat falls in will be awarded.
    For example, if your ranges are:
    From 1 to 5 PIM, assign 2 points for every 1 PIM.
    From 6 to 10 PIM, assign 4 points for every 1 PIM.
    With Cumulative checked, 8 PIM would result in 22 points - the 1st 5 PIM would receive 2 points each (5 x 2 = 10) and the next 3 PIM would receive 4 points each (3 x 4 = 12), and 10 + 12 = 22. With Cumulative unchecked, 8 PIM would result in only 12 points. This is because 8 PIM falls within the 2nd range, so the points accumulated from the 1st range would be ignored. Using a slightly different example:
    From 1 to 10 PIM, assign 2 points for every 5 PIM.
    From 11 to 20 PIM, assign 4 points for every 5 PIM.
    With Cumulative checked, 17 PIM would result in 8 points. 4 points are awarded for the 1st scoring range (10/5 * 2 = 4), and 4 points are awarded for the 2nd scoring range, since only 1 interval of 5 PIM was satisfied (11 to 16) for that range. With Cumulative unchecked, 17 PIM would result in only 4 points. Since 17 PIM falls within the 2nd range, the points accumulated from the 1st range would be ignored.

You should generally leave Cumulative checked unless you are configuring a scoring category that is favorable to attain in low amounts, but not favorable in higher amounts, such as Goals Allowed (GA). For example:
    From 0 to 1 GA, assign 15 points for every GA.
    From 2 to 3 GA, assign 5 points for every GA.
    From 4 to 5 GA, assign -5 points for every GA.
    From 6 to 10 GA, assign -15 points for every GA.
    If your Goalie gives up 1 GA, you would be awarded 15 fantasy points. If your Goalie gives up 3 GA, you would be awarded 5 fantasy points, and so on. If you had cumulative checked here, you would be awarded 20 fantasy points for your Goalie giving up 9 GA, which of course would not be desired in this case.
    So I think the way you set it up works, as long as you leave cumulative unchecked.