Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

The Magnificent One

Sorry guys didn't see the zajac questions. Right now he isn't really fantasy worthy but in most formats he was only counted in deeper leagues. He could and usually is a good depth player getting 50ish points but right now they have him on 3rd line that looks great but 1st line duty for now is Henriques. He has proven himself worthy. Ofcourse he hasn't put up many points in the last few games so who knows maybe this is the shakeup that the team will use to swap zajac to first line and henrique to 3rd. The problem is the very interesting stat that the devils top 2 lines have produced through last night.

Elias-sykora-zubrus have combined for 33 goals
    Kovy-henrique-parise have combined for 34 goals (with kovys penalty shot)
    So you can see the super even balance here. Hard to break up those combos. When one devil line isn't producing the other one steps up. For fantasy you would hope kovy/parise dominate but for q team persepective thats really good to see.
    Then let's not forget clarkson as well coming in at 12ish goals on the season so far. Great stuff.

Let's look at yesterday's game. Devils-4/Pens-1
    I only saw the firs 2 periods and it was a typical devils game as of late BUT they were able to protect the lead and win. I say typical in that the devils tend to come out super strong in the first, strong but not as good in the second and then the third is mixed results. But the devils are something like 9-1 when leading after 2 periods this season. But also are 7-1 in shootouts so let that speak for itself(might be a bit off in those numbers but it's close)

The line:
    Zubrus-Elias-sykora : start with them bc they started the game last nigt. Well what not to say about then. Elias/sykora are playing like they did on the A-line with arnott yrs ago. Zubrus while not fantasy relevant most of the time and gets flak he has stepped up big time this yr. He has some hockey smart. Great at stealing the luck and feeding sykora/Elias tonget the goals in. This line plays hard and gets 5 solid scoring chances a game atleast.

Line 1a: kovy-henrique-parise:
    Another great combo. Henrique is playing well above his yrs. Parise is a beast latley all over the place. The 2 have connected and playing great. Then Kovy, who seems fired up as of late. He got back to his shoot first and shoot often mentality wilhich is a great thing to have when beig fed by henrique and parise.

Line 3: Tedenby-zajac-clarkson
    Zajac coming back from injury looks good right now on this line. Clarky has offensive upside and can play any role asked of him. Tedenby is looking good. Yesterday he made 2 plays that were insanely good. Too bad he couldn't score but wow he was flashy.

Powerplay- looking much better these days. Passing and shooting and scoring. They look to be coming tougher. Foster looks good on the point. It sucks larsson couldnt make it work this season but long term look for him to be the go to guy.

Defense- looked very good this game. Bad note volchenkov went out with lbi so let's pray he won't be out long as he is a shot block king.

Brodeur- with all the bad comments latley he is stepping up and winning and looking great. 3 straight wins and only 1 goal given up in each of the last 2 games. He is looking good, focused, and excited to be playing and winning.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Star

from Twitter

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Devils have called up centers Jacob Josefson and Brad Mills from Albany.

Dobber Sports Star

Devils' lines today: Parise-Zubrus-Kovalchuk; Sykora-Elias-Clarkson; Ponikarovsky-Josefson-Bernier; Boulton-Carter/Mills-Janssen.

@TGfireandice twitter

Dobber Sports Star

Andy Greene plays tonight

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Devils followers,

Is there any love for Zharkov left in the NJ system, or has his ship sailed? I've been offered him in one of my very deep leagues, and I have time to wait.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    Hey Devils followers,

Is there any love for Zharkov left in the NJ system, or has his ship sailed? I've been offered him in one of my very deep leagues, and I have time to wait.
    Don't know his stats this year but also haven't herd any talk of him in a long time. I wouldn't say he is done yet but for this yr and possibly next yes, not sure we will see much of him. The devils seem to have there lineups set but with a parise resigning (fingures crossed) cheap contracts like zharkov might be handy to have
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Sorry guys havent posted in a long time. looks like the devils are back in the playoff race but the scoring as of late has slowed down leading to a few line changes.

Last game the devils went with new lines and now tonight vs chi they have switched up even more.

Looks like parise, elias, zubrus is one line and another is kovy, zajac, henrique.
    Last game henrique was on the 3rd line and poni was with kovy/zajac.

Just some interesting changes as the lines have been pretty steady all season.

Also to note: holland was called up as larsson was a healthy scratch tonight.

Another thing to note that might not be a good thing for the devils but may work out long term. Top dman prospect John Merrill is said to be returning to college next season for his junior yr. He hasn't officially made up his mind but his coach commented along those lines.

The Magnificent One

Brodeur to be back! There is alot of talk about brodeur this summer so for all you in keeper leagues keep this in mind. He was quoted earlier in the yr that it depends on how this season goes and if there is a lockout. He said if the lockout is a full season then he might be done bc his body can't take that long off at his age. But this article on fire and ice says brodeur is planning on being back next season. Not sure where the info came from bc I haven't herd any quotes or comments from brodeur but I'm posting this bc this is the first time I've seen it in writIng. Probably should make a new thread for this but I wanna keep my devils section busy!!

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...ason/#comments

The Magnificent One

Another win for the devils. Only 2-1 this time but from what I saw the devils looked good. They were over passing in the first and didn't get enough shots on goal. Didnt watch the 3rd though so no sure what happened there.

Bad break fir the devils heading into the playoffs they Lost Jacob josefson to a fractured wrist and is out 4-6 weeks. While he hasnt broken out offensively yet his game in the last 2 weeks really has been stepping up.

The Magnificent One

Hey all. Sorry for not posting in awhile but been a hectic start of the summer. Well you all knkw the devils made it to thr cup finals and lost. But LA just was the better team and I'm not worried about saying that. Yes bad calls in game 6 but it is what it is. Quick is just freaking amazing that's aol that needs to be said really lol.

Now onto the busy summer, brOdeur and Parker crazy thug abot Brodsky. Going to be following this closely trying to get more info on what's going on. I'm sure it's been talked about on the forums just haven had the time to read every pos lt yet.

Signings: no sure if it was mentioned or not but the devils have resigned:
    Gionta: 2 yr deal. First yr one way secone yr 2 way- weird but he's 29 wow did t knkw that
    Bernier: Steve that is
    Carter
    Harrold: one yr deal
    Janssen: two way

Not much fantasy impact here but they look to be keeping the Hellers that brought them to a cup

Dobber Sports Ninja

Mark Fayne has signed a two-year year/$2.6 million contract extension with the New Jersey Devils.
    Fayne and the New Jersey Devils had an arbitration hearing scheduled for August 2. He had four goals and 17 points in 82 games in 2011-12.
    Devils re-signed Mark Fayne courtesy of Rotoworld.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Devils sign Matteau to his 3-year ELC

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...evel_contract/

The Magnificent One

Hey all well welcome back. I've been Mia over the lockout but also before that. Kind of was Mia end if last season. But with a new season starting i hope to beable to keep this page going. Not much to report but maybe more than every other team.

Henrique injured thats a big blow espcially how exiting he was last season. Hopefully he will come back sooner than later and continue where he left off.

The big news out of NJ is brodeur confirming that as Long as he is healthy he is committed to playing out his 2 yr contract. That is a great thing as we all know the devils goalie pipeline isn't anything amazing. Atleast thats what the critics say. I think we might have some good prospects and we will hae to see what happens.

Frazee- he is in his last leg but his play in 11 AHL games this season is just average so not sure whats going on. Looks like his cut to the throat might have been the end of his career. He is 3-5-3 with 2.15/.918

Wedgewood- some people's pick as the future but in 23 echl games he is 3.08/.900 and 10-10-2 not gonna cut it.

Kinkaid - last summers signing and my pick he in 20 AHL games is 2.38/.918 and 10-7-3 not bad overall. Not sure what and who is on there AHL team so cant tell u if its a world class team.

Just some info on goalies.. But ill leave the real goalie talk to Justin!!!

Other news which i won't talk about now is kovy. All i gotta say is big contract big money noones walking away from that

Dobber Sports Star

about to acquire Brodeur in a deal.

Think he can still put up solid numbers? Will he start pretty much all the games, or is he looking at an even split because of his age and the compressed sched?
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    about to acquire Brodeur in a deal.

Think he can still put up solid numbers? Will he start pretty much all the games, or is he looking at an even split because of his age and the compressed sched?
    I will say go for it and get him. Yes his game isn't the same as 3 yrs ago but then again the devils have gone through a big transition over the same time span. I read on fire and ice that een last yr they were giving hedberg more starts and it might be the same this yr but dont forget hedberg is also 39. Brodeur is old school goalie and feeds of action and game play. He is better when he plays more then when he rests. I'd say we will probably see a 70/30 split for this season. But I can't promise u that just what i see. Come next yr it might be different if no trades happen they might bring kinkaid up and let him feed and learn from brodeur but this season i say brodeur is still the go to guy. And yes i think and hope his numbers will be good not great but good.