Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

The Magnificent One

Default Re: New Jersey Devils

Qualified: Boucher, josefson, Kalinin, palmieri, Scarlett

Not Qualified but believed to be resigned: pelly, Merrill, Bennett, hrabarenka

As most a bit surprised by the non qualified list. They gave up a decent amount for pelly and Bennett so yeah expect them tk be signed
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Not sure if this was mentioned but the devils have resinged:

Merrill - 2 years - just over 2 mil combined
    Pelly - 2 years just over 2mil combined
    Bennett - one year 725k

Pretty good signings
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Expert

Just a few thoughts....

Probable starting lineup(Will change ofcourse as per comments below)

Forwards

Hall - Henrique - Bennett
    Cammalleri - Zajac - Palmieri
    Boucher - Zacha - Smith-Pelly
    Blandisi - Josefson - ?

Zacha could end up cracking the top 6 and playing alongside the likes of Cammalleri and Palmieri instead of Zajac, but for opening night.
    Id also expect anyone of Boucher, Bennett or DSP to eventually suit up on Right side of top line.
    Edit:
    Zacha may fill in on 1st line depending on how Henrique feels

Defence:
    Greene-Severson; Moore-Lovejoy; Merrill-Santini(Auvitu); Quincey.

Guys like Auvitu and Santini could very well deserve spots but perhaps the Devils would prefer to see them get some AHL time first.
    Edit: Merrill out 4 weeks. Opens door for Santini &/or Auvitu

PP Unit 1

Palmieri - Henrique - Boucher - Hall - Severson
    PP Unit 2 (Several combos tried so nothing set in stone)
    Smith-Pelly - Zacha - Cammalleri - Josefson - Auvitu(Deep sleeper. Keep in mind got quite a few PP1 action in preseason)

Dobber Sports Expert

Luke Gazdic will be placed on injured reserve and the team demoted two forwards to Albany: Joseph Blandisi and Nick Lappin.
    Jon Merrill should also be placed on IR shortly.

None of the other defensemen were sent down which is good news for Auvitu owners & PP opportunities.

Dobber Sports Expert

Two players I like other then the obvious ones... Hall, Zacha, Henrique etc

Reid Boucher = Breakout?
    Yohann Auvitu = Potential #1 PP QB

Also watch for who wins the #1 RW sweepstakes. Bennett? DSP? Boucher? Other?

And "The keep hoping he puts it all together player" winner is: Jon Merrill

The Great One

So Auvitu made the opening night roster? If so, any word on his possible role and whether he's expected to stick with them, versus just being a body while others are out injured?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Expert

He had an excellent camp. I expect him to start on PP2. BUT I'm not overly a fan of Seversons offensive game. I'm hoping he takes over Pp1 soon. I also have faith in Merrill when he comes back getting his game going.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any opinion on Mikes Wood. Looks like he'll start the season with the big club. Is he just a placeholder for injuries? Any upside?

Dobber Sports Padawan

It looks like they are going to loose their 7th game in a row.

At what moment do they change the coach?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

The Magnificent One

I think we all know this isn't the season for them to win much so let this be a learning season. Not sure a coaching change makes sense. They also went on a good win run a month ago and since then have gone to OT a lot maybe lost but still got points.

They are something like 8-1-2 at home this season. If I am not wrong the last 6 games have been on the road. Possible home loss split this season?

Dobber Sports Pro

Reinvigorating this thread.

In response to coaching change I think it would not be wise right now, but Shero needs to take Hynes' favorite toys away from him (ie. bad players like Gazdic) as his roster selection is just terrible. I mean the Devils are out of it let's be realistic. Just stick Hall and Zacha together and let them build chemistry, I see Zacha set up Bennett and Josefson constantly to no avail because they cannot score goals. And keep Severson on the #1PP, no more Quincey, no Stollery, just Severson he is all we really have back there. Just put Zajac on the third line and create a checking line around him. End Rant

Was recently thinking of deadline moves for the Devils, could see PA and Quincey all gone by the dealine for hopefully some mid round picks. Perhaps even free Cammalleri to a playoff team and retain salary for something back.

- - - Updated - - -

Reinvigorating this thread.

In response to coaching change I think it would not be wise right now, but Shero needs to take Hynes' favorite toys away from him (ie. bad players like Gazdic) as his roster selection is just terrible. I mean the Devils are out of it let's be realistic. Just stick Hall and Zacha together and let them build chemistry, I see Zacha set up Bennett and Josefson constantly to no avail because they cannot score goals. And keep Severson on the #1PP, no more Quincey, no Stollery, just Severson he is all we really have back there. Just put Zajac on the third line and create a checking line around him. End Rant

Was recently thinking of deadline moves for the Devils, could see PA and Quincey all gone by the dealine for hopefully some mid round picks. Perhaps even free Cammalleri to a playoff team and retain salary for something back.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Magnificent One

been awhile since we saw a post in this thread and now its time to bring this thread back to life. devils made a big trade yesterday and I think it was a good one. even more so because they didn't even pay with their own picks. They used picks from lou signing comp (3rd rounder) and savard trade (2nd rounder). not much loss to their organization if I have to say.

the question now without any moves are what are the top 3 lines going to look like in NJ next year:

saw this post from rataylor22:

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
    Johanssen-Henrique-Zacha

Isn't a terrible top 6, and Zajac and Boyle as their 3 and 4 Cs is not bad either.

I was thinking more like this:
    Hall-Zacha-Palmieri
    Johanssen- Henrique-?
    Hischier-Zajac-Quenneville
    wood-boyle-noeson (if they sign him)

not 100% sure. I think they use zajac to mentor the youngsters. I still think there might be another move in place but this slots 4 nice centers. might be too much for zacha to shoulder right now and ofcourse tons of line shifting can go around but could be interesting.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The center depth is pretty key and a good way to build a team, but their defense is really bad still. Until they do something to fix it I'm not sure we can count on them doing much damage.

Dobber Sports Superstar

MoJo is going to be a great piece for the Devils and the price was an absolute steal. Enjoy Backstrom Lite.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Monster

If Schnieder can have a bounce back year they could do a lot of winning out of the east. Still can't believe thats all Johansson got was a 2nd and a 3rd rounder