Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: New Jersey Devils

Steve Laidlaw's ******ed ramblings mentioned dropping Johansson after he was scoreless in 1 game to start the season. Today he has 3 points so far.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

The Magnificent One

Game two finished and the devils win again this time 6-2 vs buffalo

this was a big team effort. Everyone in the devils looked great aside from one (more below)

The good:

Hall: he did everything this game. Was all over the place and looked super motivated
    Bratt: what to say about this kid.. he connects really well with hall and was just so composed with the puck and the play
    Johansson and nico: lump together as they play so well together. Loved the fire from them and so good to see they are also good in te defense zone
    Henrique: started matching against buffalos top line and besides Kane no one else did much else.

The ok:
    Defense: no one really stood out but just a great effort. Butcher made some nice defensive moves which is good to see. Pp time between severson and butcher seemed pretty even again

Then not so good:
    Zacha: really want him to be awesome but while hall and bratt his linesmates did great he just wasn't so noticeable. He seemed a little slow at the end of game but overall he didn't make mistakes (well one) but he just didn't do anything awesome either
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Immortal

I really like their top 6 this year. A bounce back year from Schneider and they could be in wild card contention. I know I put money down on them going over 74 points.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Last period against the Leafs the Devils had as their top six:

Hall - Hischer - Palmieri
    Johansson - Zacha - Bratt
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The team speed is much better this year. It was noticeable against a fast Leafs squad tonight. The Devils are better than some people give them credit for...plus Schneider is all world, 47 saves! NJ is what Montreal aspires to be this year! lol
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

I love their competitiveness. And who isn't pulling for Hall to succeed.

Dobber Sports Titan

Schneider is one of my fave goalies. He's the strongest darkhouse for the Vezina year in and year out since joining the Devils. Crazy to think he's already 3rd in All-Time Devils wins.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The team speed is much better this year. It was noticeable against a fast Leafs squad tonight. The Devils are better than some people give them credit for...plus Schneider is all world, 47 saves! NJ is what Montreal aspires to be this year! lol
    True, and unfortunately for MTL, they don't have 2 former 1st overall picks in their top 6. And it appears their Questionable D is far more questionable that half the unknowns in NJ as well! Poor Mtl

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I love their competitiveness. And who isn't pulling for Hall to succeed.
    Couldn't agree more. Huge Hall fan back in his Edmonton days. I didn't think there was a worse team for him to be traded to and still have any interest in him. I keep hearing "Hall Deserves a Better Team". Maybe he's got one now! And Schneider... man... He's sick! Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Schneider is one of my fave goalies. He's the strongest darkhouse for the Vezina year in and year out since joining the Devils. Crazy to think he's already 3rd in All-Time Devils wins.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    True, and unfortunately for MTL, they don't have 2 former 1st overall picks in their top 6. And it appears their Questionable D is far more questionable that half the unknowns in NJ as well! Poor Mtl

Couldn't agree more. Huge Hall fan back in his Edmonton days. I didn't think there was a worse team for him to be traded to and still have any interest in him. I keep hearing "Hall Deserves a Better Team". Maybe he's got one now! And Schneider... man... He's sick! Good for him.
    They do have two 3rd overalls on their roster though. One is finally getting prime time minutes and one is getting used like a dirty rag.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They do have two 3rd overalls on their roster though. One is finally getting prime time minutes and one is getting used like a dirty rag.
    Can't argue with that Axeman33! lol

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Devils have been one of my favorite teams to watch so far in this young season. What a difference from last season!
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

The Devils exposed the Leafs questionable D last night with their deceptive speed. That and Schenider played excellent.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Last period against the Leafs the Devils had as their top six:

Hall - Hischer - Palmieri
    Johansson - Zacha - Bratt
    Looks like the only difference from the start of the game was Zacha and Hischier swapping places. Does that mean Zacha had his chance to be the #1C playing next to Hall and Palmieri, and now they're trying Hischier as their #1C?

I think Bratt will likely keep his top-6 spot even when Stafford returns. Stafford can play both wings and is only signed to a $800k deal, so they can easily put him on the 3rd line LW spot next to Henrique and Hayes. But of course that's just for now, we'll see how things go. I wonder what happens when Zajac returns...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Looks like the only difference from the start of the game was Zacha and Hischier swapping places. Does that mean Zacha had his chance to be the #1C playing next to Hall and Palmieri, and now they're trying Hischier as their #1C?

I think Bratt will likely keep his top-6 spot even when Stafford returns. Stafford can play both wings and is only signed to a $800k deal, so they can easily put him on the 3rd line LW spot next to Henrique and Hayes. But of course that's just for now, we'll see how things go. I wonder what happens when Zajac returns...
    Nope. They actually went back to Zacha there as the game wound down. Hischer was there as a PP expired with Zacha out there and the lines just kept rolling.

Devils are kind of playing above their heads right now (I am loving it), but I think 4 players are currently shooting 100% haha. Leafs outplayed the Devils last night but Schnieder stole the game and Andersen didn't play well (shades of TOR v WPG to start the season).

I think the Devils will level out soon but the ride is fun so far!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Magnificent One

Yes the ride has been great for the devils. The game against OTT The other day was amazing. The comeback in the third!!

Lines right now seem to be
    Hall-nico-stafford - they are really clicking
    Mojo-Henrique-palms
    Bratt-Zacha-noeson

I think we might see a flip of Henrique and Zacha. While each line is playing well neither the 2nd or 3rd line did anything awesome. Plus I see Zacha as more of a top 6 guy.

The devils are off for a few days now I believe so that should help heal up some of our injured guys. Talk is Boyle might be back soon also!!! Boyle strong!

Let the fun be enjoyed while it lasts
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi