Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: New Jersey Devils

What are the expectations for Zacha going forward?

Will he kick it up a notch? Will he be relied on more this year? Does he take a step back due to Hischier being drafted and Johansson being acquired?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    What are the expectations for Zacha going forward?

Will he kick it up a notch? Will he be relied on more this year? Does he take a step back due to Hischier being drafted and Johansson being acquired?
    He will definitely kick it up a notch. He didn't get a ton of prime offensive minutes this past season... this year, he should get plenty. A lot of it will also depend on who he plays with. If he's with Zajac, meh. If he's with one or more of Hall/Henrique/Hischier, that's good. I personally like Zacha in the middle with Hall on the wing... we saw that a bit last year and they meshed nicely. That said, I think it's more likely Zacha lines up on the wing. So the key thing is just avoiding the Zajac line so he ends up flanking either Henrique or Hischier.

It's not a sure thing that Nico makes the team, but when looking at the Devils roster it's mind-boggling to think that he wouldn't.

The Magnificent One

I have high hopes for him. Traded for him in my keeper league giving now players. I see him lining up with hall. Unsure who will play rw but thoughts are they aren't done yet and might add a rw so not to have to play nico on top line.

Henrique has been thrown around a lot as trade bait for a dman so if that happens who knows.

I'd put Zacha as 50-60 this year and more going forward.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Training camps open YAY and with that some news: (article on NJ.com for one source)

Looks like 3 players are trying out for top line center to replace zajac and they are...

Henrique, Zacha, and Mojo

Nico will not be on top line to start season as they don't want to throw him to the wolves.

My take and many fans thoughts: Zacha wins the spot! Henrique didn't work last year with hall as they are both playmakers. Mojo was brought in to play 2nd LW as he does best in that position but he is comfortable at center so that is up in the air. Should be an interesting camp and preseason

Also interesting article that hall has spent the summer working on his skating. Even though that is a strength of his (speed) he wants to always learn more and keep up with the youngsters

Let's find devils
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

Short video of Nico Hischier's practice con los Diablos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgYJN3OHfQ
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Training camps open YAY and with that some news: (article on NJ.com for one source)

Looks like 3 players are trying out for top line center to replace zajac and they are...

Henrique, Zacha, and Mojo

Nico will not be on top line to start season as they don't want to throw him to the wolves.

My take and many fans thoughts: Zacha wins the spot! Henrique didn't work last year with hall as they are both playmakers. Mojo was brought in to play 2nd LW as he does best in that position but he is comfortable at center so that is up in the air. Should be an interesting camp and preseason

Also interesting article that hall has spent the summer working on his skating. Even though that is a strength of his (speed) he wants to always learn more and keep up with the youngsters

Let's find devils
    Smart move by the Devils, sheltering Nico. The Maple Leafs did the same thing last year with Matthews and that worked out pretty well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

Preseason opener for the devils against the caps tonight. A handful of vets on the devils side will be playing so we can see some interesting line pairs being tried even though I don't see these being season lines as mentioned above but here are the morning practice lines:

Hall-mojo-palms
    Quenn-nico-Hayes
    Bratt-blendisi-noesen
    Beddach-Coleman-lappin

Butcher-severson
    Moore-prout
    Muller-dyblenko/kalpla

Read that severson has been paired mainly with Greene during camp but talk of future look could be butcher and severson for a crazy puck moving pair

Bratt and dyblenko are two to watch. They are showing true commitment and could make the team on callups this season with possible jumps to full time soon. Not high ceiling fantasy players but for deep leagues anyone playing could be added at times lol

Dobber Sports Veteran

What are the chances Hayes makes the team?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    What are the chances Hayes makes the team?
    hey so sorry I don't have a good answer for you. I think it all comes down to how he and the youngsters play in preseason. he was brought in for the RW slot but then they went out and signed Stafford which hurt his chances. if anything he would be 4th line RW or maybe even press box add incase of injuries. ill keep my eyes out for any articles and let you know if I hear anything.

The Magnificent One

Preseason game one in the books and NJ walks away with a win 4-1.

Some player notes: one thing - I didn't watch the game this is notes from articles/fan reports
    Mojo - conflicting reports some saying he looked ok others not overly impressed with him centering top line. He went 4-14 on the dot. Not a good sign

Palms - 8 Sog! He looked a step ahead of everyone

Hall - looked fast but could have made better plays

Butcher - did not look out of place and was second to severson for PP time

Quenn - forgetful night didn't do much

Nico - sick goal but otherwise not much going on but probably do to poor linesmates last night (quenn and Hayes)

Hayes - horrible and should be cut. He was the cause of 4 penalties (one being the fow rule)

Bratt, neosen, bladsni - all looked good a probably best line of the night. Noesen being best player for the devils

Anyone else let me know if you want reports on.

Dobber Sports Veteran

McLeod? You see him making the team?
    I'm not following the nicknames. Where is Zacha?
    Being on the other coast, I'd really appreciate any insight here.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    McLeod? You see him making the team?
    I'm not following the nicknames. Where is Zacha?
    Being on the other coast, I'd really appreciate any insight here.
    Mojo is johansson.

Zacha didn't play last night. I think we're most shocked but I believe they will trade off games to play Zacha and Henrique to center top line and see how it goes.

McLeod I honestly don't see him making the team. Maybe as a 9 game tryout but if he doesn't prove anything will be sent down. In the prospect games last week he was very unimpressive. A ton of turnovers and sloppy play. Not something that was expected. Most thought he was ready or close to it but I am thinking another year down in minors will be good. Only issue is I believe he can't go to ahl so the minors minors might not be all that great. Does anyone know the rules around that and maybe can shed some light?

Thanks for the question and hope this helps

Dobber Sports Pro

Preseason game one in the books and NJ walks away with a win 4-1.

Some player notes: one thing - I didn't watch the game this is notes from articles/fan reports
    Mojo - conflicting reports some saying he looked ok others not overly impressed with him centering top line. He went 4-14 on the dot. Not a good sign

Palms - 8 Sog! He looked a step ahead of everyone

Hall - looked fast but could have made better plays

Butcher - did not look out of place and was second to severson for PP time

Quenn - forgetful night didn't do much

Nico - sick goal but otherwise not much going on but probably do to poor linesmates last night (quenn and Hayes)

Hayes - horrible and should be cut. He was the cause of 4 penalties (one being the fow rule)

Bratt, neosen, bladsni - all looked good a probably best line of the night. Noesen being best player for the devils

I'll add from watching the game:

Mojo was really unimpressive. Could just be trying to find chemistry though, but I do not like him as a C.

Severson tried to do too much a few too many times, but he was the most notable dman (but was stuck with Moore as a partner).

The powerplay sucked haha, but the pk was aggressive.

Quenn wasn't that bad, but was mostly just noticeable on the PP. Actually on that the large amounts of Penalties slowed the game down and made it hard to get a rhythm out of both teams.

And yeah Noesen was actually quite good, I was impressed.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

The Magnificent One

Preseason is winding down and we should start seeing a handful if not most cuts after tonight's split games.

Was hoping to go to the islanders/Devils game tonight with my 6 yr old son but not sure I can (late for a school night and all). Considering I got free tickets as the islanders are giving them away kind of sucks but I do get a discount for a future game. Either way it's squad b tonight!

As for who is making the team still some unanswered questions that could change stuff like 1) is boyle ready to play 2) will the Devils go with one extra forward and 8 dmen or two forwards and on extra dman... let's assume one forward and two dmen for now:

Took this from a fire and ice article and fan notes. Lines might not be perfect but you will see these lines in tonight's games for the most part:
    Forwards:
    Hall-Zacha-palms
    Mojo-nico-stafford
    Bratt-Henrique-noeson
    Blandisi-Boyle-wood
    Extra forward: lappin - if Boyle isn't ready then you could see Coleman as 4th line center

Defense:
    Greene-severson
    Moore-lovejoy
    Mueller-santini
    Extras: profit and butcher

Notes:
    1) noeson has impressed a lot in preseason
    2) if Hayes does well tonight it could be him gettitn a contract and wood being sent down
    3) mueller and prout while playing well have to clear waivers to be sent down so most likely locks them as roster players
    4) mojo didnt look all that great at center and Zacha looked good so I think we can see him as top line center
    5) butcher I believe will be sent down. No reason running him in NHL if he is an extra or even bottom pair
    6) blandisi has impressed and i can see him and bratt swapping slots a lot

Let's go devils!

The Magnificent One

Devils win in OTT 8-1

Devils lose against NYI 0-3

OTT game from fan reports was insane.

Zacha 2g 1a
    Quennville who I thought was gonna get cut has 2 goals tonight so who knows
    Bratt and blandisi looked good and fast
    Stafford and nico apparently were really good together with mojo!

Really think the above post will lock in the top 2 lines. Excited to see what they can do
    Injury report: McLeod was helped off ice, no weight on his leg (will update when more comes in)