Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

The Magnificent One

well nothing really great to report. the devils still cant win and brodeur wont be back thursday but the positive atleast is that elias got on the board and they scored 2 goals late in the game with a few nice chances after that. not sure what to think about kinkaid being sent back down and frazee being called up. kinkaid came in on relief and played great. maybe shaky at first but made some really amazing stops espcially a breakaway by stamkos.

my guess is that since frazee has been in the system for so long they maybe wanna give him a chance or atleast the call up for loyaltly reasons. who knows. i dont expect to see him play unless hedberg stinks it up even more. as a kinkaid backer and believer this doesnt sit well.

hopefully the devils can turn things around bc this is getting ugly. sorry all rant over. just think they should have let kinkaid run with it for another game. he deserved the start thursday.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post

my guess is that since frazee has been in the system for so long they maybe wanna give him a chance or atleast the call up for loyaltly reasons. who knows.
    This is exactly right. Lou more or less said so today. I still think it's strange, though. I was at the game last night and thought Kinkaid played as well as you could expect him to. Covered his angles well and didn't get discombobulated at all.
    Huge save on Stamkos, but I'm pretty sure Stammer buries that 9 times out of 10. Smart, composed netminding by Kinkaid but Stamkos got lazy on the move and probably thought he had it in the bag.

Regardless, Kinkaid played well. Not going to be the saving grace in two years, but neither is Frazee.

In my opinion Wedgewood is the only goalie in the system that has any shot at being an NHL goaltender.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    This is exactly right. Lou more or less said so today. I still think it's strange, though. I was at the game last night and thought Kinkaid played as well as you could expect him to. Covered his angles well and didn't get discombobulated at all.
    Huge save on Stamkos, but I'm pretty sure Stammer buries that 9 times out of 10. Smart, composed netminding by Kinkaid but Stamkos got lazy on the move and probably thought he had it in the bag.

Regardless, Kinkaid played well. Not going to be the saving grace in two years, but neither is Frazee.

In my opinion Wedgewood is the only goalie in the system that has any shot at being an NHL goaltender.
    thanks for your input nice to hear first hand how kinkaid did. interesting that you say wedgewood. havent seen any of them play but from what i heard wedgewoods stock has fallen.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

so brodeur lasted through practice and looked good from what the reports are saying. it also mentioned that he wont be starting vs the rangers on tuesday but could be the backup.

also mentioned NJ devils 3rd rounder draft pick Ben Johnson is facing sexual assualt charges. he hasnt signed with the team yet so not sure this will help him in the slightest. he had 20 goals and 17 assists in 64 ohl games this season.

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter today:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m From the looks of things, Henrique will be at LW today on top line with Loktionov and Kovalchuk and Ponikarovsky won't be practicing.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m Zajac is with Elias and Clarkson. Sestito with Barch and Kostopoulos.

The Magnificent One

Ponikarovsky - not sure what happened but they mentioned at the 3rd that he wasnt on the bench. didnt talk what happened but guessing some injury lol. the announcers were like its probably UBI or LBI you pick lol.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Ponikarovsky - not sure what happened but they mentioned at the 3rd that he wasnt on the bench. didnt talk what happened but guessing some injury lol. the announcers were like its probably UBI or LBI you pick lol.
    only thing I could find on twitter:

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 3m Still no word from the Devils on what Alexei Ponikarovsky's injury is or its severity.

The Magnificent One

well you all know the story brodeur back and they go 2 and 0. tonight though wasnt the best win.

Kovy hurt
    Salvador hurt.

Kovy's didnt look that great defently hurt his shoulder but he did go off by himself and it happened midway through the 3rd so him not coming back isnt the concern. always good to rest him just incase. i will try to update this as soon as i hear something.

Salvadors looked worse. didnt put any pressure on his knee as he was going off.

will keep it posted as i hear anything.

The Magnificent One

ill keep you posted if any move happens but as fire and ice is reporting it doesnt look like much will happen. Kovy might be back for the last week of the regular season (sorry all playoff bound teams. i know this is killing my run for the title).

the devils are scheduled to practice at 12:30 and then fly to boston. lou isnt in panik mode and likes the way his team looks. so we will see what happens.

The Magnificent One

Well just to pop in here for a short post. well lets see. draft was in NJ (too bad I couldn't go). they made a massive splash with the BIG trade of the day. and still did well in the draft.

The trade: yes we got a young goalie who can step in right away. what this means for brodeur in fantasy circles.. umm only time will tell but I don't see much of an impact next season. yes he will get less starts but don't forget brodeur is a workhorse goalie so he will play when he wants. as said by lou, next season is a tighter schedule with the olymipcs. more b2b's and less days between games. this is the perfect situation to transisiton to a young goalie who they know can be a number one. great article here says it all:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...of_the_future/

Not sure what will become of hedberg though.

The draft: picked up some nice players. They were supposed to pick 39th overall but traded down a few picks and picking up a 3rd rounder. The devils took a big defenseman who is very excited and sounds like more of a shutdown dman than anything else. (what the devils like).
    don't really know much about the others that were taken but im not a prospect guy. so read the scouting reports and make your thoughts lol.

as for the last pick ofcourse the devils took brodeur's son. just had to do that and it was classy. we like it. and if nothing else makes everyone happy.

Other devil's news:
    resigned zubrus 3 yrs, 9.3mil - not bad.
    resigned Andrei Loktionov 1 year one way deal for 725k
    resigned Peter Harrold 2 year 1.6mil deal (800k each year).
    close elias
    SAD news looks like Clarkson might be headed to test the market. apparently he turned down a substantial offer from NJ. I don't have any info on what that means but im sure things will be leaked soon. so if you have sources please please let me know.

The Magnificent One

Hedberg was bought out. They couldn't find a trade for him and they have until today to use buyouts. Cheap contract but guess it saves a bit of cash.

Rumor!! Clowe to NJ as reported on fire and ice. Which probably means clarkson is gone. Sad to say. Thy should have signed him longer a few yrs back. But clowe and him are close type players so could be good.

Dobber Sports Monster

Time for NJ to get Vanek.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Vanek makes sense. You guys can even have Hemsky from Edmonton for cheap

That being said... not many valuable assets to trade these days.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Time for NJ to get Vanek.

I'm sure that's a now speed dial call on Lou's phone.
    ZFHL Stanley Cup Champ 2014

P Sharp - N Backstrom - P Marleau
    D Perron - A Tanguay - M Hossa
    J Williams - C Soderberg - J Abdelkader
    K Clifford - B Pirri - R Clune

D Keith - J Schultz
    B Dillon - S Salo
    V Bartley - R Ellis

C Price

C Adams, M Latta, K Ramo

Farm: Nylander, Goldobin, Anton Karlsson, S Griffith, M Hrivlik, J Marchessault, S Wilson, T Blugers, B Hart, K, Agostino, S Elliott, C Ruhwedel, J Klingberg, A Sergeev, H Tommernes, S Brittain, ...

30 team salary cap with 30 NHL roster & 30 prospects plus unsigned prospects = ZFHL also (DTDL and Scfhl2)

Banned