Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey Devils

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I will say go for it and get him. Yes his game isn't the same as 3 yrs ago but then again the devils have gone through a big transition over the same time span. I read on fire and ice that een last yr they were giving hedberg more starts and it might be the same this yr but dont forget hedberg is also 39. Brodeur is old school goalie and feeds of action and game play. He is better when he plays more then when he rests. I'd say we will probably see a 70/30 split for this season. But I can't promise u that just what i see. Come next yr it might be different if no trades happen they might bring kinkaid up and let him feed and learn from brodeur but this season i say brodeur is still the go to guy. And yes i think and hope his numbers will be good not great but good.
    Nice. I landed Iginla and Brodeur for Lucic and Holtby as I make a run this year.

Thanks
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Superstar

Hey, newper114, what are your thoughts on Zajac this season and going forward, both with regard to his health and Parise's departure?

RETIRED

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Nice. I landed Iginla and Brodeur for Lucic and Holtby as I make a run this year.

Thanks
    Interestig move. Hope u win bc you are giving up alot in holtby and lucic. But for the win smart move. Today brodeur said he wants to play alot not all the games like he used to but enough. They have 9 or 10 b2b so you can count on hedberg playing those. Probably take away a few other starts but not too many i see brodeur in 30+ games
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Hey, newper114, what are your thoughts on Zajac this season and going forward, both with regard to his health and Parise's departure?
    Gotta be honest i have no idea lol. Gonna be a very different look on that top line without parise. Parise was the sound offense dman and zajac was a close second. They could use him with kovy as the dman to protect kovy flying all over the place or let him run wild as well.

I dont know yet who the 3rd person in the line will be there are so many options. They could bring Elias in on the lw as we know Elias can be a ppg guy if needed even being older. Or they can use clarkson for tuffness, or one of the youngsters. Gonna be interestig also with henrique out this will change.

For now I'd assume he will play with kovy, will be a 60-70 point guy prorated for a full season. High face off wins average +-. Very little PIMs. He is a super player and i think he will do just fine without parise. Ill know more on lineups as this week goes along but if anything is like last year lines will constantly be juggled.
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Magnificent One

If u all dont know yet kovy apparently got permission to play in the allstar game and will be coming to NJ on Tuesday. Flight due in.

Dobber Sports Guru

Henrique is 7-10 days away

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL
    NJ coach Peter DeBoer said center Adam Henrique (thumb) is a week-to-10 days away from returning to lineup.

Dobber Sports Initiate

A question, guys.

I haven't watched any games this year, but Elias is centering line 2, right?

What's with his low FW?
    1-Year 12-team H2H: G/A/+-/PIM/PPP/SOG/SH%/FW/HIT/BLK GS/W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

C: Giroux, Backstrom, Hanzal, Ribeiro
    LW: Nash, Ladd
    RW: Wheeler, Vrbata, Hornqvist
    D: Keith, Streit, Franson, Gardiner
    G: Lunquist, Mason, Luongo
    IR: Stepan

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Any idea what is up with Larsson? I think he's been a healthy scratch so far. I don't know if it's just me but they need to play this kid more. Send him to the AHL or something. He's not getting better sitting in the press box night after night. They are going to ruin him.

Edit: I know he played in the "A" earlier in the year, but since the end of the lockout he hasn't played a meaningful game in what, 3 weeks? I just don't understand why they are letting him sit around doing nothing.
    Last edited by EliasFan; January 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Yardsale View Post
    A question, guys.

I haven't watched any games this year, but Elias is centering line 2, right?

What's with his low FW?
    Sorry for the delayed response hope you see this. He is better at LW not sure FAceoffs is his thing. Seems like they are leaning pretty heavily on zajac. He takes 20+ FAceoffs per game.

Last 3 games Elias:
    Last game: 15 FAceoffs he went 11/4 pretty good
    2 games ago: 12 face offs and went 5/7
    3 games ago: 8 face offs and went 1/7

Gues being less than 50% is why his FW stat is poor. They seem to be givin josefson also 10-20 FAceoffs a game and gionta gets 10ish.

This will all shift when henrique comes back so dont count on Elias as a FW person.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by EliasFan View Post
    Any idea what is up with Larsson? I think he's been a healthy scratch so far. I don't know if it's just me but they need to play this kid more. Send him to the AHL or something. He's not getting better sitting in the press box night after night. They are going to ruin him.

Edit: I know he played in the "A" earlier in the year, but since the end of the lockout he hasn't played a meaningful game in what, 3 weeks? I just don't understand why they are letting him sit around doing nothing.

Dont really know sorry. Havent read much about it. Guessing he didnt impress so much and since they were winning they dont like to change the lineup. With the loss maybe he will draw i to the lineup. Here's to hoping he can stay bc i agree this sitting in the box is no good for him

The Magnificent One

No word yet on matteau or if Larson will draw in tonight. Practice later today hopefully will answer some questions. Hedberg to start tonight and they also recalled RW Matt Anderson who takes tedenby's spot who was sent down.

Dont know much about Anderson except was written on fire and ice. 3 yrs in the devils organization. He is 30. Was undrafted. And put up 180 points in 300+ games. So who knows.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Whats up dude when does Larsson get to play damn. I thought this kid looked amazing in games last season. Now he's a healthy scratch for the first 2 weeks running...damn.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Guru

from twitter:

Mike Morreale ‏@mikemorrealeNHL
    So Adam Henrique will make season debut on 4th line; D Adam Larsson makes season debut along the blue line for NJD vs. Isles

The Magnificent One

well its been a long time since ive posted anything sorry hectic schedule. but figured id come in and give a small update and thoughts. well most have predicted the devils to finish near the bottom this year but early season starts have shown the opposite. they are a team who wants to win. but like all teams they have hit a small road bloack these last few games. there last 10 they are 5-4-1 which isnt going to cut it. the thing with the devils is once there second line (elias-clarkson-zajac at the moment) slow down they tend to lose. doesnt mean Kovy isnt still rolling bc he is but he needs the support. while i am not talking down elias or clarkson in anyway bc OMG they are playing well beyond what we could have hoped for, excpet i have always hoped clarkson would show this potential. he always looked amazing a few seasons back when he got the chance to play with zajac and parise. another player that has slowed down is Andy Greene. noone expected him to keep at the pace he was but he has no points in the last 2 weeks. his added scoring for the devils was very big.

anyway back to my point lol.. the devils are still only 2 points behind PIT and look to want this and are playing hard. Brodeur seems to be hurt now but all indications are this is a short term thing and might be back saturday (atleast I hope). if however he is out at all i really hope to see Kinkaid get a start or 2. I believe him to be the future!!

devils lines have shifted a bit in practice today and here is the new lineup:

*this could mean good things for loktionov for all those who have been waiting for him to show something. that is correct that u see, henrique has moved to LW and loktionov to center,

Adam Henrique-Andrei Loktionov-Ilya Kovalchuk;
    Patrik Elias-Travis Zajac-David Clarkson;
    Alexei-Ponikarovsky-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier;
    Krys Barch-Stefan Matteau-Bobby Butler.

Defensemen: Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky; Andy Greene-Adam Larsson; Anton Volchenkov-Peter Harrold; Henrik Tallinder-Mark Fayne.

Goaltenders: Johan Hedberg, Keith Kinkaid.

The Magnificent One

looks like the devils are back in the no scoring stage. they always seem to hit this patch every season. but then turn it around and score a ton of goals. so lets hope it doesnt last long.

brodeur most likely be going to toronto with the team monday so dont count on him for that start (not good for me as i own him in a bunch of my leagues lol).

practice lines now that carter is back from IR. Henrique owners take note:

Stefan Matteau-Andrei Loktionov-Ilya Kovalchuk;
    Patrik Elias-Travis Zajac-David Clarkson;
    Alexei Ponikarovsky/Krys Barch-Adam Henrique-Bobby Butler;
    Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier.

Barch the extra skater.

Bryce Salvador-Marek Zidlicky;
    Andy Greene-Adam Larsson;
    Henrik Tallinder-Mark Fayne;
    Anton Volchenkov-Peter Harrold (extra dmen apparently)

i know volchenkov doesnt add too many points but i am not sure why they are having him sit. he blocks too many shots.