Thread: pavelec on waivers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default pavelec on waivers

i have to pick him up but who to drop and m.johannson is available as well. my keeper team is below if i could get some input would gratly be appreciated.
    keeper league rotisserie and pts are

goals, assista. pts, plus/ minus, pims, ppp, shp, gwg
    goalie pts- wins, g.a., g.a.a., sa, sv, sv%, so

players are

c- j.benn, tavares,h.sedin, d.stepan,
    rw- ,perry, e.malkin, d, byfuglien, t.toffoli
    lw- d.sedin, e.kane, m.lucic, l.couture
    d-men- yandle, fowler, oel, d.doughty, t.enstrom ,m.rielly j.trouba, h.lindholm

g- a.niemi, m.a.fleury, s.bobrovsky, j.markstrom,

you get to keep everyone and dress 3 per forward position and 2 utility as well as 5 d-men. 82 games for each spot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure how big your league is but if Pavelec comes back healthy he'll get the starts and Schneider just won't. If you're in a big league though you may not want to drop him. Neuvirth left the game with a head injury tonight so that might be your answer. I don't think I'd drop any of your forwards or D for Pavelec, your team's pretty stacked and your marginal guys are playing pretty well right now.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I dropped Pavelec from both of my teams, and thankful I did. After doing so well for me early, he absolutely screwed my numbers the last couple months. Not sure I would be rushing to pick him up, unless you are in one of those super deep leagues where everybody who ever gets a start is worth having. That team just does not play well defensively and Pavelec cannot do what he did early (which is stand on his head and make them look better than they are)...

But thats just my 2 cents, and keep in mind that I have a bad taste in my mouth after seeing him ruin my numbers for so long...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by norrisdivision View Post
    Not sure how big your league is but if Pavelec comes back healthy he'll get the starts and Schneider just won't. If you're in a big league though you may not want to drop him. Neuvirth left the game with a head injury tonight so that might be your answer. I don't think I'd drop any of your forwards or D for Pavelec, your team's pretty stacked and your marginal guys are playing pretty well right now.
    His league is a keeper league which is why he has Schneider still I believe.
    This is kind of tricky because Pav is definitely going to be the undisputed #1 next year. A couple things I'm worried about with Pavs is:
    A) The inconsistency these past two years.
    B) How good ATL is going to be next year.

However, considering that your only undisputed #1 is Price...I may consider dropping Schneider for Pavs. Someone who is more experienced with keeper leagues may be able to provide some more insight, but I still see Luongo getting at least 55-60 starts/season for the forseeable future. Schneider's value will only be fully seen in the near future if he gets traded to another team. The situation in Washington is still anyone's guess, and that situation won't resolve itself until one of Varly or Neuvirth gets traded. Even then, Holtby is making it very hard for management not to consider him as well.

I would likely drop Schneider for Pavs.

Edit: Also with regards to MJ, you would probably be better off posting a new thread in the Keeper Leagues - Forwards Discussion forum so that experienced keeper league managers can let you know if they think MJ holds more value than any of your other forwards.
    Last edited by bondon; March 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would drop Brassard for Pavelec as you really don't need him - you have other options to fill the Util slots - guys that actually play full seasons.

Dobber Sports Star

I dropped Pavelec and picked up Montoya a few weeks ago and haven't regreted it at all. Look into Montoya if he's out there, his #'s won't destroy your entire week.

Edit: My bad, he's keeper worthy for sure.
    Last edited by islefan31; March 8, 2011 at 6:19 PM.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Since you keep everyone I'd say either Andy McDonald or Derick Brassard gets the axe here, adding Pavelec to your goalies will help in the long run and people seem to forget he's only 23.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."