Page 8 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Nothing like a five-on-three goal for the Sabres to sooth the pain of Malone's goal from the blue line.
    @SmittysRant

Nice little tilt betwixt Weber and Malone. Nothing to grand but enough to maybe spark things up a bit.
    @SmittysRant

Vanek, BABY! 2-1 Sabres!
    @SmittysRant

Default Lightning 2 @ 4 Sabres

Vanek with the hat trick, and the Sabres are one point away from the playoffs. 'Canes so much as lose in overtime or Sabres make it to overtime in any one of their remaining games and the Sabres are in.

Hats off to my good friend, TK, whose Leafs were virtually eliminated by the Sabres win. Better luck next year, my friend. I look forward to your off-season updates.

Good job, Sabres, nice to see ya do it now instead of waiting to the last game possible.

BOO-Ya!!!! Who was it that said the Sabres would collapse...???
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Vanek with the hat trick, and the Sabres are one point away from the playoffs. 'Canes so much as lose in overtime or Sabres make it to overtime in any one of their remaining games and the Sabres are in.

Hats off to my good friend, TK, whose Leafs were virtually eliminated by the Sabres win. Better luck next year, my friend. I look forward to your off-season updates.

Good job, Sabres, nice to see ya do it now instead of waiting to the last game possible.

BOO-Ya!!!! Who was it that said the Sabres would collapse...???
    Congrats Bomm!

However, I wanted Enroth to lose (in ot) and at least get 5 goals against... Why aren't the sabres listening to that request???

I need Miller back NEXT game, and not just the last game!

Dobber Sports Master

Bomm, I'll start off by saying that you are on helluva class act. Nothing but respectful and classy in our little rivalry.

one thing i will say. Sabres deserved it. No Roy. No Miller. No problem. They played hard, and if they play the Bruins or Philly, i hope they destroy them.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Bomm, I'll start off by saying that you are on helluva class act. Nothing but respectful and classy in our little rivalry.
    You as well, brother.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Congrats Bomm!

However, I wanted Enroth to lose (in ot) and at least get 5 goals against... Why aren't the sabres listening to that request???

I need Miller back NEXT game, and not just the last game!
    Thanks, Dutch. Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if he plays both....assuming he's 100%
    @SmittysRant

Default Miller vs Enroth

I've put this off, but it's gotten to the point that I can no longer ignore. I will remain as calm as possible....[ahem]

Let me start by saying I applaud Enroth. He has earned his ice time, playing above and beyond expectations. Much respect and proud to say he's apart of this hockey club, however....

...there seems to be a ground swell, grass roots rumbling among a sect of Sabres fans and a few local radio pundits suggesting, implying, hinting, insinuating, and otherwise stating outright that maybe...just maybe Enroth should remain the #1 goalie going into the playoffs regardless of Miller's health.

"But, Bomm Bastic, Enroth has earned 18 of 24 points!" they will argue. "He played w/ out a helmet!", they will plead.

"I do not care", I retort.

Let me be clear. Miller is the goalie with playoff experience. Miller has earned a Vezina Trophy. Miller has played for the Olympic Gold Medal. Miller is the better goalie.

More to the point....Miller IS the Buffalo Sabres starting goaltender.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I've put this off, but it's gotten to the point that I can no longer ignore. I will remain as calm as possible....[ahem]

Let me start by saying I applaud Enroth. He has earned his ice time, playing above and beyond expectations. Much respect and proud to say he's apart of this hockey club, however....

...there seems to be a ground swell, grass roots rumbling among a sect of Sabres fans and a few local radio pundits suggesting, implying, hinting, insinuating, and otherwise stating outright that maybe...just maybe Enroth should remain the #1 goalie going into the playoffs regardless of Miller's health.

"But, Bomm Bastic, Enroth has earned 18 of 24 points!" they will argue. "He played w/ out a helmet!", they will plead.

"I do not care", I retort.

Let me be clear. Miller is the goalie with playoff experience. Miller has earned a Vezina Trophy. Miller has played for the Olympic Gold Medal. Miller is the better goalie.

More to the point....Miller IS the Buffalo Sabres starting goaltender.

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
    does this mean Miller is in between the pipes in their back to back?

Banned

never mind, I just saw your previous post

thanks for the update Bomm... God I hope Miller can get me my 1st fantasy victory! I've been close numerous times... never won it all tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    never mind, I just saw your previous post

thanks for the update Bomm... God I hope Miller can get me my 1st fantasy victory! I've been close numerous times... never won it all tho...
    I have a feeling you, me, and the rest of the world won't know anything 'till Friday rolls around. Ruff & Co. have really been keeping a tight lid on this thing.

I'm 85% confident he plays at least one game, as of today. If he practices in-full, w/out limitations tomorrow I would suspect he plays both.

That's just me talkin...
    @SmittysRant

Default Update - 4/06/2011

Miller took shots today and stated that he felt good. He's expected to go full throttle tomorrow.

Here's the thing, Dutch, et al, IF the 'Canes lose tonight why hurry him back Friday and unnecessarily risk injury??

Very tough situation for poolies...wish I could be of more help on this one.

Here's a tidbit to dwell on for next year's draft for multi-cat GMs....

Mike Weber. Now because he was benched for a good portion of the first half of the season he's not on anyone's radar. But has really turned his shit around and....

In 56 games played has a plus-13 w/ 17pts, 67 PIMs and get this....150+ Hits.

I predict he'll be full-time next year, and I like him for an upside of 30-33 pts. Maybe a few more.

Something to think about
    @SmittysRant

Default Miller Update

Easier just to copy and paste this from the Buff News...

Ruff says Miller will play this weekend
    April 7, 2011 - 1:03 PM / Comment

Ryan Miller participated fully in practice today, and the Sabres' injured goaltender is ready to play as Buffalo enters its final two games of the season.

"There's no doubt that he's going to play before the season ends," coach Lindy Ruff said in HSBC Arena.

Miller has missed four games with an injury to his collarbone area. He could return for Friday's home game against Philadelphia or, more likely, appear in Saturday's season finale in Columbus.

"He might be able to play tomorrow. We're not going to make that call right now," Ruff said. We tried to get him in some drills where he faced traffic, faced a little bit of physicality with guys jamming and pushing around the net, just try to give him game-like simulation.

"He looked pretty good, had a good practice," Ruff said. "He said he felt pretty good, so all that is real good."

Ruff said forward Patrick Kaleta, who has been out with a sore knee, is under consideration to play. Right wing Mike Grier, who also has a knee injury, is not ready to return.

---John Vogl
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; April 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

I'll make you a deal Bomm

Miller sits tomorrow, but enroth will let in 4 early goals. Miller comes in on relief and shuts the door. Plays against columbus as well, and shuts them out too.

If that happens, I will love the Sabres for life!

It's one of the outside shot scenario's that can help me win the league, which at this point is not looking to lovely...

Thanks for the cooperation