Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 29 69 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

haha I love this quote from Murray...

Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli 8m8 minutes ago

Tim Murray: "If you'd have told me we'd end up w Eichel, Kane and Lehner for 3 first round picks, I'd have said you were high on mushrooms."

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    haha I love this quote from Murray...

Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli 8m8 minutes ago

Tim Murray: "If you'd have told me we'd end up w Eichel, Kane and Lehner for 3 first round picks, I'd have said you were high on mushrooms."
    lol...just saw that myself. I do love his delivery.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Agreed. I like it. I am confident Murray is smart enough with expert scouting acumen to know what value he has has in Lehner. Good goalies aren't cheap. He targeted his guy and got 'em.
    I'm sad to see him go. Next trade we make with Buffalo, I want Tim Murray to come back our way.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    I'm sad to see him go. Next trade we make with Buffalo, I want Tim Murray to come back our way.
    Tim Murray has lost his fanbase and now they have Kane and Lehner in the same room. It's gonna be interesting to see how that works.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Tim Murray has lost his fanbase
    You figure? I don't think so. If Buffalo fans are leaving it's not because of anything Murray did, it's because they've sucked for too long and they're tired of waiting.
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)

lol...Ev. Lehner as a Senator = stud prospect. Lehner as a Sabre = head case. Murray as a Senator = cunning mind and GM in the making. Murray as Sabre GM = lost his fan base.

1) please, don't speak on our behalf
    2) three is a trend
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

You figure? I don't think so. If Buffalo fans are leaving it's not because of anything Murray did, it's because they've sucked for too long and they're tired of waiting.
    You're right -- Buffalo fans aren't deserting. Never have, never will. The truth is, most have been through much worse episodes with the pro sports franchises in the city. It's a hearty bunch. Kind of silly initial comment that kicked off the topic.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lol...Ev. Lehner as a Senator = stud prospect. Lehner as a Sabre = head case. Murray as a Senator = cunning mind and GM in the making. Murray as Sabre GM = lost his fan base.

1) please, don't speak on our behalf
    2) three is a trend
    I literally said I like Lehner's upside on other teams. I've seen reports from credible people that he was traded because of attitude and work ethic.

I'm speaking based on observation. The Sabres are getting roasted for this trade by their fanbase, at least their internet fanbase. Never said they would leave the team...

Tim Murray is a great hockey mind and scout but he hasn't been a great GM thus far in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm speaking based on observation. The Sabres are getting roasted for this trade by their fanbase, at least their internet fanbase.
    Where, HFboards? Lol.

Considering both teams asset and roster structure, it could definitely be seen as win by both teams. I'd say that nine times out of ten, two NHL commodities, usually retain their value over time above a late-ish first rounder. Again, that's not to say that the sens didn't get good value, I think they did, but it likely looks better today for the sens as opposed to the sabres than it will in the future.

Will Lehner become a star? I'm not sure but I do feel he will at least be a competent starter. I'd be interested to see the success rate of the last ten 21st overall picks or the success rate of late 1st in general over the past ten years.

I literally said I like Lehner's upside on other teams. I've seen reports from credible people that he was traded because of attitude and work ethic.

I'm speaking based on observation. The Sabres are getting roasted for this trade by their fanbase, at least their internet fanbase. Never said they would leave the team...

Tim Murray is a great hockey mind and scout but he hasn't been a great GM thus far in my opinion.
    That part may be true. In fact I wouldn't doubt it. I think the only thing that could eventually cure Murray from being second guessed at every turn is winning. Which may not happen w/any regularity for another year ideally.

Myself I like the slow and steady approach building depth for the long term. Murray's tactics may prove in error over time. But they seem congruent with his stated philosophy which is why I am a confident believer in him.

Now give me EICHEL!!!!
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Where, HFboards? Lol.

Considering both teams asset and roster structure, it could definitely be seen as win by both teams. I'd say that nine times out of ten, two NHL commodities, usually retain their value over time above a late-ish first rounder. Again, that's not to say that the sens didn't get good value, I think they did, but it likely looks better today for the sens as opposed to the sabres than it will in the future.

Will Lehner become a star? I'm not sure but I do feel he will at least be a competent starter. I'd be interested to see the success rate of the last ten 21st overall picks or the success rate of late 1st in general over the past ten years.
    I personally like the trade for Buffalo even though I think they need smoebody more proven, but I'm just telling you what I'm seeing all over twitter, reddit, hf, you name it.

if they were gonna pick Samsonov, I'd rather have Lehner

Sabres' Murray has total believe in his new goalie
    Filed under: I sure as hell hope so http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Murray-...oalie/21682781
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think what people are seeing is what the top-10 of this draft looks like and they're thinking "wow a first rounder is so hot this year!", forgetting that #21 has looked like this historically. Late first rounders are not slam dunks, and losing a guy like Lehner is a big risk for a #21 pick.

I also think Sens fans on reddit and twitter are way overstating the benefit of losing Legwand. The guy had 1 remaining year at a cap hit of $3mil on a team that had $16mil in cap space, and I've seen people boasting how there was "no salary retained" in this deal. Yep, we sure dodged a bullet there!

I guess the long and short of it is: there's a lot of dummies on HFBoards, Twitter, and reddit
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:

Murray stated he and his scouts did a lot of homework on 21 and what value would be there. I like Murray's rationale:

Murray has a ranking system where six is very good. He compares Lehner to what he could get at 21, “If he is a five plus or even a six, if he’s a five plus, we’re not getting a five plus at 21 in our ratings. If he is a six, what we believe is an impact player in the National Hockey League, we’re not getting that at 21.” Murray added, "If he was 27, 28 years old, I probably would have taken a step back. He’s young. He fits what we’re trying to do.”
    @SmittysRant

Banned

I think what people are seeing is what the top-10 of this draft looks like and they're thinking "wow a first rounder is so hot this year!", forgetting that #21 has looked like this historically. Late first rounders are not slam dunks, and losing a guy like Lehner is a big risk for a #21 pick.

I also think Sens fans on reddit and twitter are way overstating the benefit of losing Legwand. The guy had 1 remaining year at a cap hit of $3mil on a team that had $16mil in cap space, and I've seen people boasting how there was "no salary retained" in this deal. Yep, we sure dodged a bullet there!

I guess the long and short of it is: there's a lot of dummies on HFBoards, Twitter, and reddit
    No, they had zero cap space as of yesterday. But cap space isn't what is important. The budget is.

1st round picks are good for us because our scouts are arguably the best in the NHL. Now that we have two, we can move up or even trade for NHL ready pieces.

I agree firsts are overrated but I love this deal and it doesn't have to do with the draft being "deep".

Lehner didn't have much value and we still got a 1st for him.

Yes there are a lot of dummies, especially on reddit. It's like people who complain about the Bishop deal