Page 74 of 89 FirstFirst ... 24 64 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Zemgus scores a pretty one for the Sabres third of the eve vs Dallas. I think NWO is dressing for the game. Ruff called him up to help out this Stars defense.
    I'm helping out the defense alright. I'm just waiting for Derian to answer his phone to set up a time for a DNA collection so we can do some gene splicing. We'll get a sample from Turco at intermission.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Just a heads-up with regard to schedules. The postponed Sabres/Rangers game from November is coming up Feb 20th.

Foligno returns from his hand injury. Remember I advised to get him on your radar about a week or so back. His multi-cat value is obvious. Yesterday vs the NYI he amassed 1 G, 1 A, +2, 5 Hits, and 2 BS. Kid's got fresh legs and full of piss and vinegar. If Nolan has his way Hodgeson will be perma-scratched in favor of Foligno. Great add of the wire.

Oh! Zadorov has tallied at least one assist in his last five games (six total). That's in addition to his hit and bs periphs. could prove to be a nice depth add in multi-cat leagues. You'll see a re-invigorated roster once the deadline passes. Mark it.
    @SmittysRant

Per TSN Sabres/Jets talks "heating up" re Kane deal not done yet.

Is there anyway we can keep Armia in this? maybe Stafford Compfer and a first? Is Myers involved?

Inquiring minds want to know!!
    @SmittysRant

Wow, never realized the disconnect in roster personnel tactics between Murray and Nolan. Just listening to the two in recent interviews it is quite clear Nolan is advocating hard for Pysyk and McCabe to be up full time - especially the former. Nolan not quite calling Murray out, but it's obvious he's frustrated.

Murray obviously wants to keep these two in Rochester for as long as possible but the Gorges injury forced the call up. That and Zads recent spell of tardiness.
    @SmittysRant

Zemgus left the game. Took a Wiz slapper from the point off his ankle - square on the bone. Couldn't put any weight on it. Would not be surprised if that's more than a bone bruise.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bomm, Pysyk has had some really good stretches with the big club the last two seasons and is an upcoming RFA. I understand Zadorov is a bit more noticeable of a presence out there and has passed him on the depth chart but do you think Pysyk has any leverage to push for a one way deal next year? I know Meszaros might've been brought in to reach the cap floor but it seems a bit odd that Pysyk hasn't gotten more playing time with the Sabres given his solid play even though some ppl often are underwhelmed by his offensive statistics.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Bomm, Pysyk has had some really good stretches with the big club the last two seasons and is an upcoming RFA. I understand Zadorov is a bit more noticeable of a presence out there and has passed him on the depth chart but do you think Pysyk has any leverage to push for a one way deal next year? I know Meszaros might've been brought in to reach the cap floor but it seems a bit odd that Pysyk hasn't gotten more playing time with the Sabres given his solid play even though some ppl often are underwhelmed by his offensive statistics.
    Hey deantime! Good question(s)...

Pysyk is ab-SO-lutely ready for prime time. He will be up full time next year and absolutely will negotiate a one-way deal. Murray has kept him down for several reasons but they all relate to his primary season objective of being in the best possible spot to acquire McEichel.

Nolan (and every Sabres fan) has known for some time that Pysyk needs to be up full time, but Murray et al had no reason to rush any of their blue chippers up this year. They knew the team would be losing, didn't want their all of their prospects in that kind of an environment, and also are very serious about establishing a deep prospect pool from which said prospects could over ripen on the vine.

So when you have a GM that is set on losing, there's no sense in hurrying anyone along. I think both Pysyk and McCabe will be full time next year. Barring trades of course...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think both Pysyk and McCabe will be full time next year. Barring trades of course...
    So far, I see Gorges, Bogosian and then a whole slew of young guys. Do you think they'll run with those Gorges, Bogosian, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pysyk, McCabe as their top 6? Mike Weber is also under contract for next season. Way too young I think and setting the team up for lots of losses, especially without an NHL goalie in sight right now. Maybe only one of Pysyk or McCabe will be full-time next year? I really like how Murray is working out in Buffalo so far.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would not be surprised if that's more than a bone bruise.
    Nothing worse than a bruise on the old bone............

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So far, I see Gorges, Bogosian and then a whole slew of young guys. Do you think they'll run with those Gorges, Bogosian, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pysyk, McCabe as their top 6? Mike Weber is also under contract for next season. Way too young I think and setting the team up for lots of losses, especially without an NHL goalie in sight right now. Maybe only one of Pysyk or McCabe will be full-time next year? I really like how Murray is working out in Buffalo so far.
    You're correct, that would be a very young D-corps. Pysyk will be up. McCabe is the wild card here. Weber (as you indicated) does have another year under contract and has turned out to be a very reliable, hard hitting, stay at home d-man. Personally I like his game and think the Sabres need his style of game and vet experience. He and Bogo would serve well in providing leadership to the youngin's. McCabe could very well be kept down another year, only to be called up for the occasional cup of coffee for injury relief or to provide a spark.

Does Murray move another d-man before Monday's deadline? A vet 5-6 shutdown like Weber or a prospect like McCabe. I don't like the idea of Murray dipping into his deep D prospect pool too often, but I think he can get away with it one more time if warranted.

I think we'll know more after Monday's deadline.
    @SmittysRant

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUG!

They can't even bottom out correctly.
    @SmittysRant

Following the Clarkson trade, Murray had this to say...

“I had a call like that today that I never thought I would get on a guy,” Murray explained. “He actually said, ‘Can you believe I’m calling you on this guy?’

“I said, ‘No, I can’t. But let’s talk.'”
    Full article HERE

Zadorov?

Hmmmmm......
    @SmittysRant

I suspected as much...

Darren Dreger was on Toronto’s TSN 1050 on Tuesday evening.

On Chris Stewart:

“The Chris Stewart situation was an interesting one too.

“I mean, obviously Tim Murray overplayed his hand. He just did. And when there was absolutely no takers and the bell was about to ring at 3:00 Eastern, he went to a good friend in Chuck Fletcher and said, ‘Man, you’ve got to help me out. Give me something.’ And he got a second round pick in 2017.

“I know that Boston at one point, I believe, offered Spooner – who’s a pretty good player, I think. That wasn’t yesterday or recently. I think that’s awhile back and Buffalo rejected.

“So sometimes you overplay your hand and you get caught a bit.”
    Source: TSN 1050/ Transcript: Nichols on Hockey
    @SmittysRant

Sabres out shot 12-7 in the first but otherwise owned the Sens. Sabres up 2-0 on the road vs a team chasing a playoff spot.

Welcome to the NHL Hammond.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sabres out shot 12-7 in the first but otherwise owned the Sens. Sabres up 2-0 on the road vs a team chasing a playoff spot.

Welcome to the NHL Hammond.
    Your boys seem to being struggling with the concept of tanking. All in for Eichel.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....