Page 72 of 89 FirstFirst ... 22 62 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Wayne Simmonds is a ~30 goal, 60 point forward who can put up 100 PIM. You might want to keep those expectations in check .

60 points is first liner these days
    Well, true. I was perhaps conflating future potential with present production. But Girgensons has 60pt upside easily...not year-in/year-out, but neither is Simmonds.

Everyone knows the Sabres suck this year and prob next. So it goes w/out saying my 60pts, 90 PIM, 150+ Hits is more near future upside rather than here-and-now...more or less. His hits and SOG are solid already.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Genius

I actually do see Girgensons with the potential to reach 60pts eventually and be an annual threat at that number. Doesn't mean he will hit it but the potential is apparent. To me anyways. I also see him emerging as one of the best leaders in the game.

Anyone want in on an over/under pool...two actually. First one - Number of games Sabres will face a back-up goalie. The second is - Number of opposing players to post a hat trick.

I'll go 60 and 10 respectively.
    @SmittysRant

Pens v Sabres game postponed due to weather. 6 feet since Tues in some towns surround metro Buffalo especially South Buffalo. Another one to two feet expected between now and Friday.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=740164
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Number of games Sabres will face a back-up goalie.
    Will they face more back-ups than Toronto? I remember a thread a while back (last year?) that statistically backed up that Toronto faced the most back-ups of any teams in the league. Now, I know that you can question who is the number one on some teams, but I think this year Buffalo has to get the most back-up match-ups (on the up and up). Yup. I know, shut up already...

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Will they face more back-ups than Toronto? I remember a thread a while back (last year?) that statistically backed up that Toronto faced the most back-ups of any teams in the league. Now, I know that you can question who is the number one on some teams, but I think this year Buffalo has to get the most back-up match-ups (on the up and up). Yup. I know, shut up already...
    Yeah absolutely the Sabres will. Leafs have some snipers you have to worry about.

EDIT: I will say there are indeed signs the Sabres are in the early stages of growing into a team in the true sense of the word. They'll lose, but I actually enjoy watching them now.

...mostly
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think there are lots of positive signs in Buffalo. They have some great young talent that are looking good and will hopefully develop into valuable NHL players. The coach won't let them take short cuts and they will have a work ethic. All that to say, I think the Sabres are going about this rebuild thing the right way. Another high pick this year and with any luck it could be first overall, then a couple more developing years (likely not to challenge for a playoff spot, or at least I don't think they will) before challenging for the playoffs. Keep the faith Bomm!

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I think there are lots of positive signs in Buffalo. They have some great young talent that are looking good and will hopefully develop into valuable NHL players. The coach won't let them take short cuts and they will have a work ethic. All that to say, I think the Sabres are going about this rebuild thing the right way. Another high pick this year and with any luck it could be first overall, then a couple more developing years (likely not to challenge for a playoff spot, or at least I don't think they will) before challenging for the playoffs. Keep the faith Bomm!
    Actually, despite their recent and foreseeable losing trend, I do have faith. In fact, I have had faith since Murray arrived. You have to really watch the games (ignoring the end result) to see how the current ingredients are simmering into a fine flavorful broth just waiting for the veal chop that is McDavid/Eichel to transform them into the best osso buco the NHL ever did see.

Ok, now I am hungry...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Actually, despite their recent and foreseeable losing trend, I do have faith. In fact, I have had faith since Murray arrived. You have to really watch the games (ignoring the end result) to see how the current ingredients are simmering into a fine flavorful broth just waiting for the veal chop that is McDavid/Eichel to transform them into the best osso buco the NHL ever did see.

Ok, now I am hungry...
    That's okay, I'm an Oiler fan...I'm starving because our stew is looking pretty toxic at the moment (rancid beef, wilting lettuce and stale bread), yum!

Banned

The Sabres have won 6 of their last 7, including wins against TB, Montreal, Washington and SJ

Banned

Buffalo wins again, despite being massively outshot, it's still not a good team but you gotta give them huge respect for how well they are playing

Here's the stunning stat of the day: Corsi Team Shot Differential for 2014 (fyi...shots for versus the average shots allowed )

Of the teams in the running for the #1 overall McEichel pick (Oilers, Hurricanes, and Sabres).

Hurricanes @ 40 GP = 69

Oilers @ 41 GP = -68

So what, Bomm, so the Sabres are like...-90?

I'm glad you asked....

Sabres team Corsi thru 41 GP is [drum roll, please]...

Yes that is NEGATIVE-851.

Perspective is a b!tch.
    @SmittysRant

So I own Mrazek in my $$$ dynasty league, and am kind of conflicted with regards to tonight's matchup versus the Sabres.

Ok...that's a lie. #tankingforMcJesus

Hasek's jersey retiring tonight. Best goalie...EVER.

@SmittysRant

Fantastic comprehensive article on the Sabres' rebuild, Pegula, Harbor Center, and the revitalization of downtown Buffalo, NY. I enjoyed this...

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12...t-part-rebuild
    @SmittysRant

Nikita Zadorov has been suspended for failing to report to the team on time from the All Star break.
    @SmittysRant