Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1329

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Buffalo Sabres

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 6m

BUF announces Pat LaFontaine has resigned as president of the Sabres and returned to work for NHL head office in NYC.

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Sooooo....

Pegula hires Lafontaine.

Lafontaine hires Murray

Pegula fires....err Lafontaine resigns

Blows my mind.
    @SmittysRant

Nolan gas been offered a three year extension.

Murray is indeed trying to flip Halak to Wild.
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Hey Bomm, your thoughts on the goalie situation now? Clear starter or tandem? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Hey Bomm, your thoughts on the goalie situation now? Clear starter or tandem? Thanks.
    Tandem with an edge to Enroth in getting the bulk of the starts. Nolan's a big loyalty guy, so as long as he is here I think Enroth gets the bulk. Remember, Enroth - despite his poor record -continued to receive more starts than he ever had, prior to Miller being moved.

Why?

Cuz losing translates to higher first rounders, and that plays in Murray's overall strategy for this and next season. this off season and next year the Sabres will continue to sell and compile as many picks and prospects. From 2015-16, and 2016-17 once their core is established, then they'll be buyers - looking for key vets to put them over the top.

Ideally.
    @SmittysRant

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Tandem with an edge to Enroth in getting the bulk of the starts. Nolan's a big loyalty guy, so as long as he is here I think Enroth gets the bulk. Remember, Enroth - despite his poor record -continued to receive more starts than he ever had, prior to Miller being moved.

Why?

Cuz losing translates to higher first rounders, and that plays in Murray's overall strategy for this and next season. this off season and next year the Sabres will continue to sell and compile as many picks and prospects. From 2015-16, and 2016-17 once their core is established, then they'll be buyers - looking for key vets to put them over the top.

Ideally.
    Thanks man.

Administrator

Changes to the Sabres' coaching staff were announced today:

Assistant coaches Joe Sacco and Jerry Forton have been offered reassignment within the organization’s hockey department; the contract of assistant coach Teppo Numminen will not be renewed; goaltending coach Jim Corsi will not return as part of the team’s staff next season.
    http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=715156
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Stud

Any guesses to how much longer it takes Buffalo to turn the situation around to competing on a nightly basis ?

Not giving 100% because we all know that is why Nolan is behind the bench, but rather the talent and ability to challenge for say ... 80 points

A season or three ?
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Any guesses to how much longer it takes Buffalo to turn the situation around to competing on a nightly basis ?

Not giving 100% because we all know that is why Nolan is behind the bench, but rather the talent and ability to challenge for say ... 80 points

A season or three ?
    2016 is my guess. A ten point swing from year-to-year would be considered huge. Oddly a ten point increase in 2014-15 could still land them in last overall - just to lend some perspective.

Until the Sabres draft/trade for scorers, it will be some time before they sniff 80pts as a team. Unless Hasek makes a comeback...
    @SmittysRant

Lebrun reporting Murray still shopping for another first, to no avail. I definitely foresee Murray swinging at least one deal tonight. I think Sabres go Reinhart.Murray a big fan of hockey IQ, and Reinhart's got it.

That said, I still think he wants Ekblad. Maybe that's me projecting...could be. But the thought of Ekblad, Zadorov, and Risto would be absolutely boner-ific.

So...yeah...
    @SmittysRant

Love the Gorges trade. A solid d-man who actually plays defense. Solid team guy, great role model for the youngin's, and at a great price (2016 second). Plus the cap $$ is needed.

Gionta next?
    @SmittysRant

Looks like Gionta and Cody McCormick have signed. Murray's a mad man!
    @SmittysRant

I know he's after Moulson and Ott too. Be friggin funny if the sign Ott over, and then trade him again to a contender at the deadline. Rinse/Repeat.
    @SmittysRant

Sabres have added ~$8 mil. ~$11 mil to go....
    @SmittysRant

w/the Moulson signing at 5/$5, I believe this puts the Sabres @ ~6 mil to hit the floor.

EDIT: which would be perfect for Ott's 1yr $6 mil deal.
    @SmittysRant