Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Check out the Sabres new patches for Captains and Alternates
    Sweet...thanks for that, McGoo.

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Grigorenko - whats his outlook for the year? i have him on my squad again (via trade) and is bouncing around on my bubble as a keeper, do i let him go or keep. i am looking at 2nd or third to end the year with an outside shot at 1st, on paper anyway.

hes def not a keepr over my current c (Spezza, Malkin, Brassard/Turris), but i would hate to let him walk if his projections look OK for spot duty.
    Just had a pm inquiry re this very same player. Generally, and w/out knowing your team parameters, no. Grigs is not a keeper, but for in very DEEP leagues. Not this year anywho.

I mean this is still tough, to get a read on Rolston and his strategy. This will be his first full camp/preseason. That said, Grigs has 2nd line and 75pt upside. I see him as a perennial low seventies kind of forward. Certainly more than viable, but not elite.

Strategy-wise Rolston and Ruff are similar in that they are both perceived as defense-minded coaches.

Tactically, they are worlds apart. Ruffs is very demanding of all his players, and expects all to be simultaneously defensive/offensive. Mistakes are unacceptable. Death to all who err!

Well, I kid, but you get the idea.

Rolston is a teacher/developmental coach, capable of pinpointing a players strength and game planning around it. He patient enough to allow a struggling player (Myers) to get back to basics in order to build him up again.

Point being in all this, I wouldn't anticipate a free wheeling, high octane offense. At least not this year. So given Grigs perceived upside in combination w/Rolston's tactically sound game plan, I'd be thrilled if Grigs sniffs at 55pts this year.

This team is young overall, and will have more than it's share of inconsistencies this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Good to have you back, Bomm!

OK - Johann Larsson: Had the cup of coffee last year so you'd think he's got to be close. Has been touted as a 2-way F with offense. Do you see him fitting into the top 6 in BUF within a couple of years? Hard to say right now, I know - the Sabres are in a state of flux with a lot of recent changes and a lot more to come (looks that way anyways).
    Thanks, PD, that hiatus always helps. Yeah, I think Larsson has a lot of potential on this team, and sill have every opportunity to make the top six, no doubt. I really think his style is a perfect fit for this team and the direction they're headed as a group.

Staying atop camp/preseason beat will be paramount this year more than any for any GM looking to gauge Sabres players.

Hopefully, I can assist with that.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Vanek - the big name (along with Miller) that has been rumoured on the move. Vanek has said he wants to stay, but now (meaning between now & the trade deadline) would be the time to move him if they are going to get something for him. Big contract that is almost done...has there been any rumbling?
    Ahhhhh...the million dollar question right there! And it's only going to heat up the closure the July deadline approaches.

In my opinion, Miller's the one ya dish, yet the more difficult of the two to move.

Bitch ain't it?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote:
    Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy
    Grigorenko - whats his outlook for the year? i have him on my squad again (via trade) and is bouncing around on my bubble as a keeper, do i let him go or keep. i am looking at 2nd or third to end the year with an outside shot at 1st, on paper anyway.

hes def not a keepr over my current c (Spezza, Malkin, Brassard/Turris), but i would hate to let him walk if his projections look OK for spot duty.

Just had a pm inquiry re this very same player. Generally, and w/out knowing your team parameters, no. Grigs is not a keeper, but for in very DEEP leagues. Not this year anywho.

I mean this is still tough, to get a read on Rolston and his strategy. This will be his first full camp/preseason. That said, Grigs has 2nd line and 75pt upside. I see him as a perennial low seventies kind of forward. Certainly more than viable, but not elite.

Strategy-wise Rolston and Ruff are similar in that they are both perceived as defense-minded coaches.

Tactically, they are worlds apart. Ruffs is very demanding of all his players, and expects all to be simultaneously defensive/offensive. Mistakes are unacceptable. Death to all who err!

Well, I kid, but you get the idea.

Rolston is a teacher/developmental coach, capable of pinpointing a players strength and game planning around it. He patient enough to allow a struggling player (Myers) to get back to basics in order to build him up again.

Point being in all this, I wouldn't anticipate a free wheeling, high octane offense. At least not this year. So given Grigs perceived upside in combination w/Rolston's tactically sound game plan, I'd be thrilled if Grigs sniffs at 55pts this year.

This team is young overall, and will have more than it's share of inconsistencies this year.
    signature has cats, but all in all this is the answer i expected, and this is a confirmation of what i was feeling.

Thanks Bomm.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Monster

Sabres new 3rd jersey. Looks kinda like a Nashville theme. Oh and they are hideous!

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/st...417024/photo/1

Dobber Sports Guru

Those certainly are some ugly jerseys.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Check out the Sabres new patches for Captains and Alternates
    This was a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Sabres new 3rd jersey. Looks kinda like a Nashville theme. Oh and they are hideous!

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/st...417024/photo/1
    Then they had to go and screw it right up. This may have passed as a bush-league jersey 40 years ago but as of now it is a complete visual assault. I feel bad for the players who will have to wear this abomination, starting with you Ott. He actually looks a little ill in that picture.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Those certainly are some ugly jerseys.

not the most ugly ive seen(see NYIslanders fisherman motif), but veerrry close..WOOF!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Monster

Ristolainen has made the Sabres team.

Zadorov is out 2 weeks with a cut finger.

Banned

from Fantarax

Zemgus Girgensons will open the regular season as a member of the Buffalo Sabres. However, he isn't taking this chance for granted. "For any young guy in this locker room, I don't think there's such a thing as 'made it' so far," Girgensons said. "I think for the young guys, you have to make it every day. You have to make every day count. You've got to prove yourself every day to stay up here because any young guy can be sent down at any time." He skated on Monday with Brian Flynn and Mikhail Grigorenko on Buffalo's third line. Girgensons also practiced with the team's penalty kill unit.

Default I Am Back - Pt II

a/k/a How Phil Kessel Became A Stick Swinging Nancy-Boy!!

lol...Ha! I kill me. That goes out to all my Northernly Neighbors....oops, neighbours, I mean.

Boy ya get a promotion at work and they expect ya to work more. Weird.

But I am here now so let's cut the small talk, shall we? Officially it is....

First Line:
    Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford
    • Ah, well, see....right outta the gate I am unimpressed. Vanek? Sure, first liner. No doubt. Hodgson, is a first line center by default. Better 2nd liner and I expect him there as the season progresses, and Grigs gets his game on. Or a trade occurs. Stafford?!? Uh...ok.

Second Line:
    Ott-Ennis-Leino
    • Ott fits here. I like it. But will someone please put Ennis on the frigging wing?? Oh wait, Leino is here to save the day.

Third Line:
    Girgensons-Grigorenko-Flynn
    • Oh this is going to be a fun line to watch! First my apologies to whomever I advised during the offeseason not to take a flyer on Flynn (Eric was that you?). Any way, I would not be surprised to both Girgensons and Grigs make the jump to Line #2 by the second half of the season. This line is my favorite.

Fourth Line:
    Porter-McCormick-Kaleta
    • lol...what's the over/under on goals for this line? Ok, an energy line with little offense, but should be valuable in the +/- dept.

DEFENSE PAIRINGS

Top Two:
    Ehrhoff/Psyk
    • Ok. I like it. Would have thought Myers would be up here, but given his PP time better to have Pys up. He's a good puck mover and Ehrhoff is a good partner for him. Lot's of offense here. Enough to make up for Stafford presence.

Top Four:
    Tallinder/Myers
    • Dunno if Tallinder can keep up with the minutes that Myers will consume, but I like this line's defensive capabilities. With enough offense from Myers to keep it interesting. NOTE: I did not say explosive...just interesting. Myers more valuable on this line in multi-cat leagues.

Top Six:
    Weber/Ristolainen
    • I really like this pairing A LOT. Weber coming into his own as a punishing, shutdown player. Perfect dance partner for Ristolainen to learn. And if Risto feels froggy and jumps, Weber more than responsible to cover his six.

Extra forward is Larsson (until Foligno heals). Larsson will have his cups of coffee. I like his potential and style. He goes down to Rochester purely due to numbers. Scott can easily be inactivated to make room for him (unless it's a Leafs game )

McBain is a floater at this point as well.

PP1
    Vanek-Ennis-Hodgson-Myers-Ehrhoff
    • Concerns me because Ennis and Hodgson can be moved off the puck w/relative ease. Could be two mins of watching Myers chase the puck into his own end. He better have some frigging sandpaper in his game this year.

PP2
    Stafford-Ott-Leino-Pysyk-Ristolainen
    • Pysyk and Ristolainen are great here. Pysyk is probably the best puck mover outta the zone on the team. Ristolainen is a nice combo of speed and sass. Ideally the wingers on this unit defer to the point for scoring, rather than think they can score.

That's all for now. Gotta eat.

Pool on Bitches!
    @SmittysRant

Ooooooo-WE! Opening versus the Red Wings. Eff-N-A.

Not expecting a win here, but I am really interested in seeing the young guns, and whether they can maitain position against this well coached squad.

You have no idea how much I look forward to Wings/Sabres games moving forward. Thank you Hockey Gods!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Ooooooo-WE! Opening versus the Red Wings. Eff-N-A.

Not expecting a win here, but I am really interested in seeing the young guns, and whether they can maitain position against this well coached squad.

You have no idea how much I look forward to Wings/Sabres games moving forward. Thank you Hockey Gods!
    Sabres will be fine, Bommer - it's just all about good player selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Sabres will be fine, Bommer - it's just all about good player selection.

I think they will be team that is more apt to play within themselves, focusing on fundementals under Rolson. I think they are literally building from the back-end out to the forwards. Much better on defense overall, and puck control.

That said, they still need goals coming from someone other than Vanek. Unless they're startegy is to mimic the Blues from two/three yrs back where they win 1-0 or 2-1, with 20 SA per game. Which is a possibility.

I really like Zemgus in multi-cat leagues. If you got a farm, he should be on it.
    @SmittysRant

Ville Leino is injured.

[crickets]

I said, Ville Leino is injured!

[Zzzzzz-zzzzzz ZZZZZZ-zzzzzzzzz]

[sigh]

Ok, so no one gives rat's ass, except Leino and his mother.

Oh, and Larsson. Because he will fill in and ultimately take over Leino's spot. That's my opinion. I like what Larsson brings and look forward to watching him play tonight.

Ehhhhhhhh-NISSSSSSS, where are you?!? We need some goals up in heh! I dream of a day where Stafford is no longer on the top three lines and Leino is purged from the roster pages. But until then, the Sabres will struggle to find goals from a consistently reliable (redundant?) second sours NOT named Vanek.

Going out w/Mrs. Bomm for the Sens game tonight. Should be a doozy. That's really all I have right now. Just wanted to touch base w/my minions.

Hello, minions.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Buffalo called up Hackett. Did Miller get hurt somehow in last nights game? Or is Enroth injured?

Dobber Sports Stud

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 1h

Ryan Miller (lower body) is questionable for tonight. #Sabres used goalie exemption for Hackett. Not serious, Regier said.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic