Page 65 of 89 FirstFirst ... 15 55 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Gerbe on Waivers. To be bought out!
    @SmittysRant

Fuuuuuuuug per LeBrun (i paraphrase) Blues and Sabres talking re Miller but price is too high. No deal imminent.

My relationship with Darcy is so like Ike and Tina, and I'm eating the cake.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Fuuuuuuuug per LeBrun (i paraphrase) Blues and Sabres talking re Miller but price is too high. No deal imminent.

My relationship with Darcy is so like Ike and Tina, and I'm eating the cake.
    That's kind of out of left field - I would imagine it would be for Halak?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    That's kind of out of left field - I would imagine it would be for Halak?
    Probably a forward, we have enough #2 goalies. Tarasenko? Meh...who am I kidding?

In other news....

Sabres acquired Tallinder from the Devils for Riley Boychuk (LW).

Don't know enough about Boychuk to comment on his loss, but it looks like Myers found a new linemate.

Sabres are up to 10 viable dmen with NHL experience - some more than others. Something has to give, especially if they're considering Ristolainen for a full time slot.

I have no idea how this is going to shake out.
    @SmittysRant

Can someone tell me why Regier hasn't signed Grabo? He'd be the best two-way/faceoff man on the team....and cheap, at this point.

Haven't really studied it in detail to see who would get bumped and that sorta thing, but I am puzzled.

Zemgus is gonna make the jump (hunch). For those in multi-cat dynasty leagues (especially farms) get him NOW.

He will be a beast. Think Paul Gaustad w/ a tich more sandpaper and far more offense (mid fifty range).

Don't say I didn't warn yeah...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ehrhoff will still be number one for BUF dmen for PPTOI (and rightfully so).

Not sure who will be second between Myers and McBain.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Yeah Ehrhoff definitely, my gut tells me Pysyk will begin with second unit duties and work into first unit by mid-season. I think Myers or McBain wind up on second unit.

This is just pure hunch on my part, but I suspect Rolston wants Myers to focus on developing a more physical, shut down style before taking on too much offense. I think that's what ultimately messed Myers up.

But that's just a hunch....we'll know more during camp.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Watched a lot of Pysyk with the Oil Kings and know his family.

He is a smart puck mover but not flashy by any means and has a lot of work to do on his one-timer. In the right situation he could be effective on the powerplay but the Oil Kings always used Gernat more on the powerplay than Pysyk.

Regardless of how many pts he puts up, I think he'll be a rock solid defender for years to come and could be lining up against opposing teams top lines in. Think Ryan McDonagh upside.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Watched a lot of Pysyk with the Oil Kings and know his family.

He is a smart puck mover but not flashy by any means and has a lot of work to do on his one-timer. In the right situation he could be effective on the powerplay but the Oil Kings always used Gernat more on the powerplay than Pysyk.

Regardless of how many pts he puts up, I think he'll be a rock solid defender for years to come and could be lining up against opposing teams top lines in. Think Ryan McDonagh upside.
    Thanks, deantime, first hand input is always inbaluable. Knowing that then I would say McBain has a shot at some decent PPTOI. Unless they go four forwards. But I don't see them doing that.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Sent Bomm a PM about this but might as well post here too...

Are Kevin Porter's minutes safe or could a rookie force him into the press box regularly. Looking for a cheap option in a deep multi-cat league and he's good enough all-around to work for me. Opportunity is a concern though.

Thanks.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Sent Bomm a PM about this but might as well post here too...

Are Kevin Porter's minutes safe or could a rookie force him into the press box regularly. Looking for a cheap option in a deep multi-cat league and he's good enough all-around to work for me. Opportunity is a concern though.

Thanks.
    Sent ya a pm back, Eric. Sorry for the delay.
    @SmittysRant

Ahhhh.....feeling refreshed. Always like to take a break from hockey end of July - beginning of August. Does wonders for the brain.

...and my football drafts.

So pop me some questions if ya got 'em. I'll be checking in with more regularity (now that I've upped my dose of citrucel).

Once the football season gets under way and my roster settles in, I'll be in full blown hockey mode.

Giddy-up!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Good to have you back, Bomm!

OK - Johann Larsson: Had the cup of coffee last year so you'd think he's got to be close. Has been touted as a 2-way F with offense. Do you see him fitting into the top 6 in BUF within a couple of years? Hard to say right now, I know - the Sabres are in a state of flux with a lot of recent changes and a lot more to come (looks that way anyways).

Vanek - the big name (along with Miller) that has been rumoured on the move. Vanek has said he wants to stay, but now (meaning between now & the trade deadline) would be the time to move him if they are going to get something for him. Big contract that is almost done...has there been any rumbling?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Grigorenko - whats his outlook for the year? i have him on my squad again (via trade) and is bouncing around on my bubble as a keeper, do i let him go or keep. i am looking at 2nd or third to end the year with an outside shot at 1st, on paper anyway.

hes def not a keepr over my current c (Spezza, Malkin, Brassard/Turris), but i would hate to let him walk if his projections look OK for spot duty.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-