Page 62 of 89 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Miller is starting: https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/st...ref=stolenlink

Don't really understand it, regardless of the message Enroth was white hot. Hoping he gets in at some point this week.

Thanks though BOMM!
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Exclamation Grigorenko News

Interesting tidbit of news from Kris Baker of SabresProspects.com regarding Grigs. Poolies take note!

Going into next year Grigs will be 19 and, therefore, ineligible for AHL play due to "Junior" status.

Yes, Bomm, we know that...so?!?

Here's the hook....

Baker, in an interview on local AM Radio this morning, is reporting the Patrick Roy/Ramparts are intending to release Grigorenko in favor of younger Europeans who Roy coach for 2-3 years. Apparently, there's a limit on the number of European players the Ramparts can ice (need confirmation on that).

Regardless, next he makes the Sabres roster or...???

Not familiar w/Junior protocol. Can any Junior team sign him? How does that work?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

Assuming Miller is gone next season, does Enroth take the starter role, or does he do a 1A/1B with Hackett.. (or is it waay too early to tell)
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Assuming Miller is gone next season, does Enroth take the starter role, or does he do a 1A/1B with Hackett.. (or is it waay too early to tell)
    IF that were to happen (big if), I'd be inclined to think it would be more of a true 1A/1B. Enroth has his moments of excellence but the jury is still out on whether he can assume a 65GP role.

I tend to believe Hackett would take the significant number of starts w/Enroth assuming a larger role but still shy of starter status.

And that's not just Lindy Ruff lip service. Rolston (again, assuming he's the coach) has no problem allowing Enroth significant more starts.

I wouldn't go out and sacrifice for either just yet, cause a lot can happen between now and then. In fact, there's renewed speculation as to whether Pegula will indeed keep Regier - despite the former just having recently praised his GM.

Regier goes...all bets are off. I would assume were such a monumental move to occur that it would prior to the draft.
    @SmittysRant

The Magnificent One

what happened to Mikhail Grigorenko last night? I thought he was called up but didn't draw in? I burned a roster move bringing him up and now sent him down with 2 more games this week. the race is that close but knowing me he will now draw in the next 2 games lol.

anyway feedback on why he didn't play would be useful please.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    what happened to Mikhail Grigorenko last night? I thought he was called up but didn't draw in? I burned a roster move bringing him up and now sent him down with 2 more games this week. the race is that close but knowing me he will now draw in the next 2 games lol.

anyway feedback on why he didn't play would be useful please.
    They had no intention of playing him Wed night. No particular reason. Rolston anticipates plugging him in for at least one game for a looksie.

But as long as they're mathematically still in the hunt, I don't think he'd want to upset the apple cart, as it were. I'll keep an ear out for tonight's line up.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How many more games before they lose a year on his UFA years? I thought he was right up at the limit.
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    How many more games before they lose a year on his UFA years? I thought he was right up at the limit.
    Honestly, I don't know. I'm not quite sure how that works. According to ProHockeyTalk....

Prior to getting demoted, Grigorenko had one goal and four assists in 22 games with Buffalo and, since he played more than five games in the NHL, the first year of his three-year, entry-level contract wasn’t delayed.

(Or, in more dramatic terms, it will was “burned.”)
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Honestly, I don't know. I'm not quite sure how that works. According to ProHockeyTalk....
    This is what I was talking about. Found it in an old HFboards thread:

After playing in his 6th game, Grigorenko and the Sabres did use up a year of his ELC, however becuase he played in less than 23 games (He played in 22), he did not "accrue a season." So again, even though playing more than 5 games would burn the first year of Grigorenko's entry level contract, it would not immediately register 2013 as an "accrued year of service" for him when figuring out UFA eligibility. In the short season, an NHL player must be dressed for 23 games for it to count as an accrued year. What this means since he played less than 23 games this season, Grigorenko will still need 7 years of service before being eligible for unrestricted free agency.
    Which is why I highly doubt they will play him in more games this season. It would be just shamefully incompetent asset management, considering how they messed up this year for him, letting a year on his ELC burn. Let him take part in practice and leave it at that.
    GO WINGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    This is what I was talking about. Found it in an old HFboards thread:

Which is why I highly doubt they will play him in more games this season. It would be just shamefully incompetent asset management, considering how they messed up this year for him, letting a year on his ELC burn. Let him take part in practice and leave it at that.
    Ah, got it. Thanks, good find. I knew there was some other bit of info I was missing.

...and I would agree - to use him at this point would indeed be bad asset management.
    @SmittysRant

Great game versus Rangers. Sabres doing a good job of hemming them in their own zone. Forcing Torts to take a te out at one point.

Fuuuuug Rangers just scored off a deflection of Pardy's skate

Out with a buddy of mine yesterday commented I really like Weber's game a lot. He mentioned Sekera and I had to agree. I've been Sekera's worst critic over the years and yesterday for the first time it dawned on me that i have yet to damn him this year.

His game has come along well

...and in the time it took me to type this on my iPhone the Rangers scored two more times. Second and third goals are on Miller.

Fuuug!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Immortal

So can I blame you for posting

Crap! I started Miller and Henrik in a league hoping for a low scoring game and guaranteeing a win .

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So can I blame you for posting

Crap! I started Miller and Henrik in a league hoping for a low scoring game and guaranteeing a win .
    lol...I would were I you. That game was going so well for Buff in the first. Really doing a fine job of pinching-in the Rangers. The first goal off Pardy's skate...ok, fine.

But sheeeeeet..the next two in five minutes time??? Miller needs to effin' step up more consistently. This is a clutch game for the Sabres and he fails to prove his worth....again.

I'm pissed.
    @SmittysRant

Seems I was correct in my notion regarding Grigs.

Sabres were officially eliminated (see: taken out back, behind the wood shed and shot) after their atrocious loss to the Rangers. And it looks like Mikhail Grigorenko will be playing the final three games, beginning tonight's game versus the Jets.

These games will push him over the limit and 2013 will count towards an accrued year.

I can only assume the Sabres urgent need to have a look at Grigs has something to do with the speculation that Roy/Ramparts will be releasing him from the team next season.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Seems I was correct in my notion regarding Grigs.

Sabres were officially eliminated (see: taken out back, behind the wood shed and shot) after their atrocious loss to the Rangers. And it looks like Mikhail Grigorenko will be playing the final three games, beginning tonight's game versus the Jets.

These games will push him over the limit and 2013 will count towards an accrued year.

I can only assume the Sabres urgent need to have a look at Grigs has something to do with the speculation that Roy/Ramparts will be releasing him from the team next season.
    It probably would have been a good idea to use those 22 games they had him play to get a look at him instead of having him play 5 minutes a game.

But I probably don't need to poke the bear here

Regardless of one's opinion of Grigorenko as a player, there's no doubt the Sabres really dropped the ball on this one. Not only do they burn a year off his ELC, they also get him one year closer to UFA status. All while not really getting a good glimpse of him at the NHL level.