Page 6 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Sabres @ Leafs - Tues, Mar 29, 2011

We have an opportunity tonight to kind of put them away, and hopefully we can do that because there would be no better feeling than to push them back and not give them that hope. -Jason Pominville, on tonight's game vs Toronto

Ahhh....like music to my ears, that quote is. Love the killer instinct.

Marc-Andre Gragnani got the call up, but will not be playing tonight. I'm very confused, to say the least. In fact, yesterday's skate looked like:

Vanek-Connolly-Pominville
    Ennis-Hecht-Stafford
    Boyes-Gaustad-Niedermeyer
    Mancari-McCormick-Gragnani

But Gerbe is back from a personal day off. Grier is a game-time decision, and Myers has a rash from flu meds but is expected to play. Leopold was supposed to have his hand X-rayed but the flu prevented this happening.

It's like the Sabres locker room has morphed into some M.A.S.H.-like triage unit.

Not only that...if the practice lines are any indication....why on God's green Earth have Boyes and Hecht swapped spots??? Make absolutely no sense.

If anything I'd prefer Boyes-Goose-Gerbe.

Myers was paired with Butler and Sekera (Butler taking Leopold's spot), and look for some combo of Montador, Weber and Morrisonn.

This is going to be a battle...dnno if I'd start Miller tonight unless I was looking only for a win. I'm thinking 5-3 Sabres (empty netter in the third).

Myers, Sekera, Pommer, Stafford, Boyes, Vanek, Ennis, and Gerbe are all in play. With honorable mentions to Goose and Mancari.

GO SABRES!!!
    @SmittysRant

Default Rangers @ Sabres; Wednesday, Mar 30, 2011, 7pm

We had some big turnovers, just individual turnovers by different players. We didn't do a very good job of taking care of the puck.
    -Lindy Ruff, Leafs Post-Game Comments

THAT....my dear friends....is putting it mildly. Morrisonn -benched for the entire third period- played all of eight minutes, at an astonishing minus-3.

Indeed, the Sabres, like some Wal-Mart Super Center Sale, were giving away pucks all night while inviting all to a special on 2-on-1 scoring opportunities. Myers, Montador, Morrisonn, Weber, Sekera all looked like scared children playing their first pee-wee game vs the Leafs forecheck - Eeek! Here's your puck M-M-Mister Brown, I think I pee'd a little...don't hit me.

Damn.

Miller's just as guilty. i knew it would be a scoring event, but from the f-ing blue line?!? REALLY?????

Enough of that game. Like some horrid nightmare, I just assume forget about it.

Tonight's game vs the Rangers? Oh yes, there will be changes.

Marc-Andre Gragnani is IN and QB-ing the power play. Time to shine, Mr. Gragnani. Only your future on the line....Noooooo pressure.

Morrisonn is the likely scratch (go figure), but honestly, if Sekera isn't producing points he's just as useful as Enron stock.

Matt Ellis, LW, has been called up due to some phantom ailment of Hecht's, and Grier's status is unknown.

This just in (literally) - Miller will NOT be in net tonight. Which concerns me because Enroth has never sat stagnant for two weeks. Should test his mettle.

Sabres better shape up, but if they don't....

GO HABS!!

EDIT: Re Miller - Apparently, from what I'm hearing is it's an injury and he's not even dressing.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; March 30, 2011 at 4:53 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Calling out littleranger! What's up bud, little wager on tonight's game?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Miller's probably injured from the Phaneuf shot he took to the chest in the third...

That or heartbreak from letting in a shot from the blue line
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Miller's probably injured from the Phaneuf shot he took to the chest in the third...

That or heartbreak from letting in a shot from the blue line
    Probably both...lol.

It's that or...there's speculation there was some damage done when he took some shots to the face mask during the devils game. If it has anything to do w/ a concussion that would be very bad....at the risk of stating the obvious.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Probably both...lol.

It's that or...there's speculation there was some damage done when he took some shots to the face mask during the devils game. If it has anything to do w/ a concussion that would be very bad....at the risk of stating the obvious.
    any long-term injury=short playoff run for the Sabres.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Enroth with the shutout! BOO-yah!!!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

Enroth with the shutout! BOO-yah!!!
    *************. This sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    *************. This sucks.
    lol...depends on what side of the fence you're sitting on.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Master

lol...depends on what side of the fence you're sitting on.
    Well I'm sitting on the pissed and bitter side.

Very quick, update....Enroth will be in net tonight vs Caps. Miller has not been ruled out for Sun's games vs Hurricanes (but he hasn't been ruled in either), is still day-to-day with an UBI.

All standard, ambiguous, NHL code-speak for "we ain't tellin' ya nothin' 'bout nothin'!"...you know the drill.

I'll have more on tonight's game, later this afternoon.
    @SmittysRant

Started shaky, but come on ENROTH!!!!

p.s. all of a sudden, I'm an Islanders fan.
    @SmittysRant

The Goose is LOOSE!!! 3-2 Sabres!!!
    @SmittysRant

Can't a guy make a f-ing BLT w/out the Caps scoring???
    @SmittysRant

SONOFA-

Ovie is a slippery bastard, I'll give him that much. He should buy Sekera a beer.
    @SmittysRant