Page 59 of 89 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Default Sabres @ Canadiens - 3.19.2013

Enroth - IN

Top line changed:

Ott to the No. 1 unit with Pominville and Hodgson
    Vanek with Ennis and Leino
    Foligno-Porter-Flynn
    Stafford - Kaleta - Hecht

Putting some sandpaper on that top line, in an attempt to gain zone more often and get some puck control.

Watch Ott and Subban tonight. Should be fun. And IF Enroth wins.....oh, boy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good news for an Ott owner (2 leagues) - loving me some Ott these days. In multi-cat leagues this guy is gold. I'm okay for points, Stevie, lay some smack out there today - 5 and a game will do nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Good news for an Ott owner (2 leagues) - loving me some Ott these days. In multi-cat leagues this guy is gold. I'm okay for points, Stevie, lay some smack out there today - 5 and a game will do nicely.
    Lol nice!

Enroth and Miller owners take note: since Rolston has been coach, Enroth has started three of six games.
    @SmittysRant

There ya go, Shoeless, Ott scored one for ya. And I started Price...sigh...I can't win.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Countdown til the next Miller freak-out? (The Kaleta thing wasn't a freak out - pretty tame, its been a while since he really let loose). If he gets shelled next game, I say in the post game interview

Oh, and about Vanek - F*CK YOU hockey gods, f********ck you.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    There ya go, Shoeless, Ott scored one for ya. And I started Price...sigh...I can't win.
    Well I will definitely take the goals and in one league Doan took care of the hits single handedly but jeez I need some of his old PIM magic. Roto league ya know.

Default Ramblings

• Overall great game by the Sabres last night. What impressed me most was how the team continually moved their feet - rarely getting caught standing still.
    • Also, they played the body more rather than chasing (or hypnotically watching) the puck
    • Vanek drilled in the hip blocking a shot. Day-to-day.
    • Myers...I remain patient and cautiously optimistic. He's leaning and stretching for the puck a lot. At first glance, this would appear to be lazy behavior - perhaps due to lack of conditioning. But I believe his overall strength is just now beginning to catch up to his size. I also believe Ruff used him incorrectly (as he did with all his players), and Myers should continue to develop well under Rolston.
    • Despite last night's performance, continuity and consistency between games will continue to be elusive. Some of Ruff's old guard still need to be purged: Hecht, Pominville, Stafford, and...yes, Miller. However, Miller is not a must move like the others...imo...only if value is there (ie, now playing prospect w/upside a/k/a a boy named Huberdeau)
    • IFF Regier can move any of these players, I am not adverse to the idea of Rolston as the head coach moving forward. He's proven as a developer of prospects. And he's demonstrated an ability to finding a player's strength and putting him in a position to maximize production. But he'll only get so far with this current team as it is comprised.
    • I like Vanek too much to move him. He's too valuable as a goal scorer, as long as he gets a support system around him so he doesn't have to shoulder 100% of the offensive burden. He would be a phenomenal 2nd line forward.
    • That's the Foligno I know and love! Now if we can only find a volunteer to always piss in his pre-game Wheaties. Hmmmmm.....
    • Pysyk is a solid two-way defender. Not noted for offense but he knows when to pick his spots and jump up. However, he'll be more valued in roto leagues - down the road. Think 30-35 pts, good +/-, special teams (PK), hits and BS.
    • Special thanks to Subban for his timely penalty in OT. Flowers en route, buddy.

That's all for now.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Do the Sabres seem to have locker room problems? Especially with the Miller incident last season and the Katela/Miller thing this year.

Did they not protect Miller because they hate him? lol just wondering what anyone's thoughts on this are.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Ace

Lol nice!

Enroth and Miller owners take note: since Rolston has been coach, Enroth has started three of six games.
    Hey Bomm, do you see Rolston doing more of a 50/50 split in the short term, or will Miller grab more of a lion share like under Ruff? I'm guessing tonight's game will help shape who's going to carry the mail for a while...
    Last edited by Two On One; March 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM.
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Stud

Is Ott still on the top line and getting PP1 TOI?
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaborlick View Post
    Did they not protect Miller because they hate him? lol just wondering what anyone's thoughts on this are.
    I never thought that possible previously, buut lately....gotta tell ya, I've seriously reconsidered my position. Not the Lucic incident per se, but generally. He's certainly a whiny sumnabeetch.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
    Is Ott still on the top line and getting PP1 TOI?
    I believe so...especially w/Vanek out.

Quote Originally Posted by Two On One View Post
    Hey Bomm, do you see Rolston doing more of a 50/50 split in the short term, or will Miller grab more of a lion share like under Ruff? I'm guessing tonight's game will help shape who's going to carry the mail for a while...
    50/50. Rolston...I am learning...is anything but Ruff-like.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

I never thought that possible previously, buut lately....gotta tell ya, I've seriously reconsidered my position. Not the Lucic incident per se, but generally. He's certainly a whiny sumnabeetch.
    Seriously, they get scored on like 3-4 times a game, no wonder they can't win. (besides their shootout win last night.

I have been sitting Miller for weeks. I am a hair from straight up dropping him.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Guru

Great game to watch last night ... had a bit of everything ..... cant beleive the leafs blew a 3-1 lead and end up losig in the skills competition. Hodgson looked great last night, Ehrhoff actually reminded me of the Dman he was in Van and SJS and Ott was his pesky self.

Oh and one more thing I ****in hate the sight of Kaleta's face ..... Im glad Orr popped him a few times

Dobber Sports Star

Kaleta is an embarrassment
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom