Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Ya know it's funny, I snagged him of the waiver too, after his first game in my league (sig below) he recorded 4.9 pts. But I would not expect much at all in terms of offense. That's not what they rely on him for, and Rolston does not demand it from his d-men on the same level as Ruff did. In Rolston's world a sound defensive game is first and foremost, points are incidental. Now a guy like Ehrhoff will continue to be a poolies best bet in terms of offense due to his PP time and huge TOI consumption generally. If you own Pardy in a deep multi-cat league, you do so as a depth/injury filler.
    Thanks Bomm. Yeah I'm not expecting much, but if he can give me decent peripherals then it's fine. He was +1 with a hit yesterday, which is ok for a flier and hopefully he'll chip away during the rest of the week.

Dobber Sports Icon

Grigorenko: Rolston has admitted to taking a slow and steady approach to Grigorenkos development. Now he only saw 6 min of ice time which I know will make poolies rage. But he wants him paired with vet leadership or rather stability provided by Stafford and Hecht. Today he managed 1A on a very sweet rush down the ice. Interestingly, Grigs 4 of 7 on faceoffs (57%). That plus more reliable play will quickly earn him additional ice time.
    ....man i hope so..i am desperately close to dropping this kid for any other prospect hanging out on my leagues WW..Barrie, Ellis, Nino, Strome...

Interesting, Rolston has Team Rochester on the same line - Pardy, Porter and Flynn.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    ....man i hope so..i am desperately close to dropping this kid for any other prospect hanging out on my leagues WW..Barrie, Ellis, Nino, Strome...
    Grigs just got another sweet assist on Staffords goal. Great post-faceoff puck pursuit.
    @SmittysRant

Default Kaleta Suspension

Just a quick note on this, not going to dwell because it's not worth my time.

Kaleta has been suspended five games for his hit on Richards last night, during the Sabres SO loss to the Rangers. Fine, I get it. Deserved.

I will forego any rant re the hypocritical nature of the NHL's supplemental discipline policy (see: Chara hit on Pacioretty, Lucic hit on Miller, etc) for two reasons.

One, I have never been a fan of Kaleta. Up until this year, I always raged on his continuous decisions to leave position in favor of a hit (often resulting in a penalty).

Two, he offers nothing to the team Ott doesn't bring at a better return.Kaleta is a decent on the PK, but that alone doesn't offset all his other bullsh!t.

Three, rarely plays a full season due to both suspensions and injury.

Four, his hit on Richards was suspension worthy.

...did I say two?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Just a quick note on this, not going to dwell because it's not worth my time.

Kaleta has been suspended five games for his hit on Richards last night, during the Sabres SO loss to the Rangers. Fine, I get it. Deserved.

I will forego any rant re the hypocritical nature of the NHL's supplemental discipline policy (see: Chara hit on Pacioretty, Lucic hit on Miller, etc) for two reasons.

One, I have never been a fan of Kaleta. Up until this year, I always raged on his continuous decisions to leave position in favor of a hit (often resulting in a penalty).

Two, he offers nothing to the team Ott doesn't bring at a better return.Kaleta is a decent on the PK, but that alone doesn't offset all his other bullsh!t.

Three, rarely plays a full season due to both suspensions and injury.

Four, his hit on Richards was suspension worthy.

...did I say two?

That, my friend, is an awesome post. Rep to you once I get past whatever limit it is that prevents me from giving post to the same forum member repeatedly!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    That, my friend, is an awesome post. Rep to you once I get past whatever limit it is that prevents me from giving post to the same forum member repeatedly!
    Thank you, Ross. I think these players are in for a rude awakening, when the reality of Ruff no longer at the helm bears consequences. Players like Kaleta, Hecht, Stafford, and others' became complacement in their unimpressive play, knowing Ruff would ultimately acquiesce to allowing their usual ice time w/little or no consequence.

Regier knows his ass is in a sling, and Rolston has already shown he has no issues with calling up his fav Amerks players for a cup of coffee.

That to me is a huge indication that Kaleta & Crew are on notice. But I don't think he got the memo.
    @SmittysRant

Default Sabres @ 'Canes

Just a few notes on tonight's matchup...

• Vanek is IN
    • John Scott is OUT
    • Pardy is OUT
    • Pardy is out for two reasons. Sabres spend way too much time killing penalties...Pardy's penalties, more specifically.
    • Second, the Sabres PP is lifeless so Rolston is going w/TJ Brennan to spark something.
    • Now I for one am no Brennan fan. His defensive game is beyond lacking and he has given no indication that his offensive game translates to the NHL.
    • That said...Rolston coached him in the AHL and brought out his offense. So here's hoping he has some influence because Brennan's window of opportunity is closing.
    • Ennis, Vanek, Ott, Pommer on first unit PP
    • Gerbe, Hodgson and possibly Grigorenko on second unit. Grig's TOI was at nine last game and Rolston will not hesitate to reward Grigs with additional time (especially pp, given its current status in the ICU) IF he earns it. So keep an eye on Grigs.
    • Pominville scored twice against NJ and wound up at minus-1. Just sayin...
    • Miller is in net...again. Most minutes played for all goalies.
    • To all those poolies who erroneously banked on Enroth earning significant playing time due to this condensed schedule, I hate to say I told you so but...
    @SmittysRant

Default Sabres @ Devils

A rematch form this past Saturday's chippy SO win.

• Enroth to Start! ...but will he finish the game? Hasn't won since Nov. 2011
    • Hecht is looking at healthy scratch status. Personally this whole team should be one collective healthy scratch.
    • John Scott is in and on Grigorenko's line w/Stafford. Boy there's a line every poolie would die for.....
    • Pardy is out again. So watch Brennan on the PP.
    • Leino looks forward to possibly starting on Sunday, and I just puked in my mouth.
    • The Ennis line has no muscle to it. That's why the 'Canes always gives the Sabres fits. Staal & Co. just muscle the puck and power forward. Heh-heh...get it? Power forward? I kill me...
    • Seriously though, the line that was most capable of penetrating the zone was Porter/Foligno/Flynn. Ennis can't defend Staal, he tries...just too damn small. And if his team high minus-3 during that game wasn't evidence enough then there is no hope for you.
    • Poolies have noticed that Ehrhoff's production has slipped. This is due to the coaching staff relying on him to give some stability on the back end. Therefore, his PP time is down, while his SH time is up. Too bad really, another wasted talent.
    • Brennan, Hodgson, Pommer, and Ennis had most PPTOI last game, and Brennan managed to secure another night at Pegula Comfort Inn by scoring a goal on said unit.
    • Nice to see Hodgson get two goals AND finish w/a plus-2. Poolies in points-only leagues must be very happy w/this kid's performance.
    • The Sabre forward w/the most TOI? Ott. ES, SH, PP...you name it he's on the ice. Great resource for hits, PIM and the occasional goal.
    • Grigs was up into double digits in TOI versus the 'Canes. No PP time, but hey, can't always get what ya want. Hopefully the increasing trend will continue.

Pool on biz-atches!
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; March 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

is there any chance Grigs gets a sniff at a real gig this year or what? or a trade? management is killing this kid.

:frustrated Grigo owner:
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    is there any chance Grigs gets a sniff at a real gig this year or what? or a trade? management is killing this kid.

:frustrated Grigo owner:
    I think unless he comes back with a vengeance next year you might see Buffalo pull a "Brett Connolly" and have Grigs play in the AHL.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How would they be able to do that? Wasn't he drafted from the Q?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yup. With a May bday he won't be AHL eligible until 2014/15
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Icon

Tyler Ennis day-to-day, not concussed; Ville Leino and Jordan Leopold game-time decisions Tuesday http://t.co/43FgpSVwGM #Buffalo

Link: https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL/sta...75070276005888

Dobber Sports Veteran

I thought once you played a full season in the NHL you were AHL eligible. Eh, whatever. I don't know all the fineprint of the CHL agreement.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR