Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Hodgson + Vanek again! Great set up man for Vanek!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Monster

Ruff calls a timeout with a 3 goal lead and 13 seconds left in the game? What a fuc**** as*ho**!! That sh** will haunt his sorry a**!

Weak!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Ruff calls a timeout with a 3 goal lead and 13 seconds left in the game? What a fuc**** as*ho**!! That sh** will haunt his sorry a**!

Weak!
    Meh, that type of crap is what fuels rivalries!!!! Somebody might be remembering a certain goalie that got run over by a certain large neanderthal type of skilled bear last season.

I love that type of stuff though. Hockey can be far too polite. If you are the Bruins and you don't like it, do something about it, don't whine about it to the media (not that I heard anything from the post game, just my thoughts out loud).

See, now Boston fans will be looking forward to the next meeting. Ruff is SELLING the game of hockey! LOL
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Weak!
    Because the d-bag Julien decided to throw MacDermid on the ice. Wonder why he did that?!?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

Gotta hand it to Vanek, he destroyed us last night. And Thornton got creamed by Scott. Hope he's okay. Anyway, you take this round, we'll get you back though.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Veteran

What a fuc**** as*ho**!!

Weak!
    Are you sure you're not a closet Sabres fan? Just curious 'cause that sounds an awful lot alike various comments about Ruff you'd tend to hear/read from the blue and gold faithful.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Gotta hand it to Vanek, he destroyed us last night. And Thornton got creamed by Scott. Hope he's okay. Anyway, you take this round, we'll get you back though.

Yeah no doubt, Bruins are the better team and let this one get away. But mad props to Sabres for hanging in there and staying mentally tough/focused.

Myers and Leopold, however....well, save that for another time.
    @SmittysRant

Default Monday - Happy Thoughts

Only two, but it's better than reading another rant. Ya'll must be tired of those so here are some tidbits for today.

Thomas "Oh My God!" Vanek - so get this....Going into Sunday's eventual loss vs Florida, Vanek was tied with Stamkos @ 16pts. Today he sits atop the NHL at 19pts.

But here's the kicker....he's averaging a mere 19 (TOI) - on pace w/Pavelski and Grabner. Methinks Ruff needs to get him on the ice more and stop OCD-ing over rolling three lines.

In WHL news, from SabresProspects.com

Makarov is performing admirably, have earned a his sixth shutout on the year Friday (Feb 1) while stopping all 42 SOG. Then Sat earns another win stopping all but one of 27 SOG. He sits currently with a 21-16-0-3 record, 2.57 GAA (8th in WHL), and a .919 SV% (5th).

Miller who?

Heh-heh...just kidding.
    @SmittysRant

No worries. Pundits and sycophants will just chalk this loss up to Enroth. Built-in excuses are Ruff's best friend.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bomm,

Did you hear Paul Hamilton railing on about Enroth during the intermissions and post-game last night? If not, the thrust was to just waive the guy and send him down given that nobody will pick him up, he's useless, can't play, etc., etc.

What's your take? I mean, I also have a really hard time trusting Enroth at this point and am not sold on him long term given his lack of size and playing style (i.e., relying much more heavily on reflexes than solid fundamentals in terms of positioning, angles, etc.). But you may have seen him play more than I have. Any faint hope that he could improve with more time in the minors? Or does his style really not translate well to the NHL game such that they should be searching for yet another new option to back up Miller?

Cheers.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Icon

Any word on Mcnabb, Bomm? 27 pts in 41 AHL games isn't terrible by any stretch, so is it a case of too many blueliners? In Ruff's doghouse? Needs a trade? Numbers better than he's actually playing?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Sabres fans, how is Ehrhoff doing this year on the team? Will he be productive fantasy-wise this season, or is he another Leino-esque bad contract?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed response; I have been utterly swamped at work. I really appreciate the feedback, comments and questions, so let me see if I can get some responses in before I get back to it here...

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    Hey Sabres fans, how is Ehrhoff doing this year on the team? Will he be productive fantasy-wise this season, or is he another Leino-esque bad contract?

Thanks!
    Overall his play has been good, though he has had some hiccups. He's consuming a ton of minutes both even and PP. Out for the past few games, Ehrhoff today labeled himself health and ready to return. Dpairings for tonights game yet to be disclosed.

The Sabres D as a unit has been playing up to the level of....ohhhhh, somewhere between Sucky-and-Really Sucky. Hard to pin all of that on Ehrhoff, especially given the aforesaid injury. His return will help tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Any word on Mcnabb, Bomm? 27 pts in 41 AHL games isn't terrible by any stretch, so is it a case of too many blueliners? In Ruff's doghouse? Needs a trade? Numbers better than he's actually playing?
    Good question. I too was perplexed when I had received seemingly conflicting info w/regard to his reported poor play in Rochester, but then that he had been voted to the AHL All-Star squad (did not confirm that).

My guess is he's doing fine. Just a glut of dmen in his way. My guess is they called Pardy up because they needed a vet stabilty on the back end, due to the really poor play as of late.

I am hanging onto McNabb and I suggest all others do as well. The Sabres were never finished making moves to bolster their offensive core (boy...lol... there's an apt double entendre), and now especially w/the team spiraling out of control - if not completely regressing - moves will be made. Consequently, opportunity will be McNabb's, and fantasy GMs hope it's on a team that will utilize his skills to the fullest.

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Bomm,

Did you hear Paul Hamilton railing on about Enroth during the intermissions and post-game last night? If not, the thrust was to just waive the guy and send him down given that nobody will pick him up, he's useless, can't play, etc., etc.

What's your take? I mean, I also have a really hard time trusting Enroth at this point and am not sold on him long term given his lack of size and playing style (i.e., relying much more heavily on reflexes than solid fundamentals in terms of positioning, angles, etc.). But you may have seen him play more than I have. Any faint hope that he could improve with more time in the minors? Or does his style really not translate well to the NHL game such that they should be searching for yet another new option to back up Miller?

Cheers.
    Hey DJ....skill set-wise is a question better served to ask Justin Goldman over in the Goalie Post section of this forum.

That said Regier (yesterday?) stated the Enroth will NOT be sent down, and that he has been putting in extra time with Sabres goalie coach, Jim Corsi.

Keep in mind, Miller hasn't been too hot either. Neither goalie tends to excel under a defensively substandard play. Both need sound fundamental d-play in order to succeed - more so Enroth - so it is no surprise that both are struggling. So it's tough to condemn the back-up when the starter is performing just as poorly.

Look for me in the audience at tonight's game!

...I'll be the guy w/a gun to his head.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; February 7, 2013 at 1:45 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Watching this team live you really get a feel for just how bad this team is. Power play is incapable of generating chances. They have an aversion to the blue line. One-offs or nothing as far puck posession or scoring opportunity.

Ennis' goal was effing sweet! But again, it was on a rush.

...and Montreal scores to open the third.
    @SmittysRant

Wow damn! Just sat down for the first time all day. Watching the PHX v SJ game and scrolling across the bottom of the screen to my surprise...

Myers will be a healthy scratch.

Is that bottom?
    @SmittysRant