Page 49 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Grigorenko makes the squad...for now at least. I can't wait to watch this kid play Sunday vs. Philly.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Grigorenko makes the squad...for now at least. I can't wait to watch this kid play Sunday vs. Philly.
    snagged him in a entry draft last night at 3rd and Im looking forward to seeing him play!!

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    snagged him in a entry draft last night at 3rd and Im looking forward to seeing him play!!
    Yeah, I think he'll fit nicely betwixt Ott and Leino on that third line.They'll provide good cover for any potential lapses he may (will) incur.

Let the Calder talk begin in five games...
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Some over/unders for you Bomm.

Over/under 53.5 points this year for the Sabres?

O/U 6.0 games for Grigorenko this year?

O/U 14.5 points for Leino this year?

O/U 0.5 Sabres who stand up for the first cheap shot on Ryan Miller?

O/U 99.5 Lindy Ruff should get fired articles this year?

O/U 3.5 Tour de France wins you'd strip from Lance Armstrong?

O/U 3 place the Sabres finish in the Northeast Division?

O/U 0.5 dead girlfriends Manti Te'o has

O/U 7 place the Sabres finish in the Eastern Conference?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

MD, I will get to that when I get home and have a beer in hand.

Hey...I had a thought. IF Gerbe and Scott wind up on the same line, can we refer to them as Master/Blaster?

@SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    MD, I will get to that when I get home and have a beer in hand.

Hey...I had a thought. IF Gerbe and Scott wind up on the same line, can we refer to them as Master/Blaster?

If you bet the over on times I would LOL at that you definitely won!

I keep laughing at that Master/Blaster pic. Gerbe perched atop Scott's shoulders out on a shift, This Blaster! Twenty men enter, only him leave!

Oh f***, that's funny.

Ok, down to brass tax. My predictions below...

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post

Wow. Start me off w/a tough one. Knee jerk I pick the over, but a couple injuries down the middle and Miller's OCD, and the team will be right ack where it was last year on a new losing streak.

But I'm going with the over, 56pts

Well, let me put my Kool-Aid down first...[ahhh]...

Over, and here's why. Offensively gifted as he is and depleted at center as the Sabres are, he sticks the whole season. Grigs is responsible enough in his own end and so damn dynamic offensively, Ruff will have no choice but to keep him. Ruff absolutely NEEDS offense from that third line. And also, Hodgson and Ennis have never played an entire season at center, plus injuries...who's waiting in the wings? Gerbe? Ellis? Hecht?

Yeah, Grigs sticks. Calder baby!!!

lol...over - by a short-n-curly. He sticks on the Ott/Grigs line. Lots of assists and watch him hit 32pts.

Blaster

lmao....including mine? Fifty....a week.

None. They were all doping, so you have a level playing field. Beside, guy's flying on one nut. Give him break.

Oh good number...Um, Sens are the wild card...ummmm...Well, I've been assuming full health throughout this. Miller's dmen are really coming together as a unit...

Under...2nd place, behing Bruins. Or is that 'Over'?

Under. Six feet, to be precise. Bah-dump-pssssh!!!

Thanks, I'll be here all season.

Damn, another good number. Hmmm....obviously Pens, Flyers, Bruiins, Rangers....but that damn Southeast is a toss up (Sens too).

I'll say 6th spot...i like the Lightnng this year...wtf. Is that Over or Under?
    Out of beer, excuse me for a moment...
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Great answers! ROFLMAO Master Blaster.

Default Leino

For those of you in really deep leagues, w/ 'middling play' as a scoring cat...

Leino left practice early yesterday, and did not practice today. There is no practice scheduled tomorrow due to the nasty, mean ol' Flyers comin' to town. BUT they will get Leino on the ice early AM to see what he can do.

Time to sell high on Hecht!!!

Ahhhh...lol...Can't say that w/a straight face if I tried.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm not going to lie, watching the game against the Flyers and the Sabres look like a much improved team as far as toughness goes. It's not just due to the additions of Ott and Scott either.

Stafford getting into a scrap and actually taking down Hartnell was excellent (and hilarious). Vanek going to the dirty areas. The whole team seems to be playing with a new attitude.

I didn't have them picked as a playoff team but they will challenge for a spot if they can keep the new attitude up.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I'm not going to lie, watching the game against the Flyers and the Sabres look like a much improved team as far as toughness goes. It's not just due to the additions of Ott and Scott either.

Stafford getting into a scrap and actually taking down Hartnell was excellent (and hilarious). Vanek going to the dirty areas. The whole team seems to be playing with a new attitude.

I didn't have them picked as a playoff team but they will challenge for a spot if they can keep the new attitude up.
    you sound like Pierre McGuire dude, you're using his expressions! stop it! stop it NOW!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    you sound like Pierre McGuire dude, you're using his expressions! stop it! stop it NOW!
    Ugh, sorry man, smacked myself, threw some cold water in my face and chugged two beer.

Don't know what got into me. Next thing you know I would have been gushing lovingly about Crosby. *shudders*
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Banned

Good game for the Sabres, they matched the Flyers grit well, even though that's not their necessarily their major strength.

Vanek looked awesome, he was fast, he deked, he dangled, he made some great plays with the puck and he drove the net hard. Hodgson was great too, he seemed to be mixed up in everything, I think BUF is going to be a great fit for him, I think Lindy Ruff is smart enough to use him well and not waste him the way he was wasted in VAN.
    Miller played great, especially when he needed to shut them down. The first goal was deflected, he had no chance on it but he looked awesome otherwise, the Flyers had some crazy chances and he stoned them

They mixed the lines up a bit but the best PP was: Vanek, Hodgson, Ott with Pommer on one point and Myers on the other

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Ugh, sorry man, smacked myself, threw some cold water in my face and chugged two beer.

Don't know what got into me. Next thing you know I would have been gushing lovingly about Crosby. *shudders*
    hahahahaha, OK cool, its good to have you back man!

You guys are too much...great to have the banter!

Sorry but I had today off, and I was working on reorganizing my work room in the basemuch much of the day. I seem to update better when at the office, sitting in front of a computer all day.

Thoughts on yesterday's win .vs Philly?

Sloppy. But probably to be expected.

• Great game by Vanek. No doubt.
    • I think I had too much Guinness becuase I swear I saw Drew Stafford engaging Hartnell in a donnybrook. Weird.
    • But seriously, nice to see him step up. Doesn't matter if ya win or lose those standoffs. Just sticking your chin out there earns ya cred. Good on him (and I am historically not his biggest fan)
    • Myers. Lame first two periods. Poor decision making. But he made up for it in the third. I'll chalk it up to rust. We'll see what he does tonight .vs Leafs. I expect better.
    • Sekera didn't take long to make it atop my 'Shit' list. I'm sure he'll stay there the remainder of the season. His D is just overrated by Ruff, but a man crush is a man crush, I suppose.
    • Grigorenko did NOT eff up!! And that's a lot for an 18 yr old, first game at home feeling the weight on his shoulders. He didn't command the puck, but he had no defensive lapses either. Got the first one under his belt sans blemishes so I look for him to settle in and find his game now.
    • Nice to see Foligno knock guys off the puck. Love his game.

that's all for now...the Leafs game is starting!!
    @SmittysRant