Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So jelly.

Hmph.

Dobber Sports Genius

For doing nothing and getting that basically for free. Beautiful.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Genius

Does Grigs make team this next season?
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by tgraveline View Post
    I loved what BUF got. Grigorenko and Girgensons was legit.
    Telling someone a few months ago Grigorenko would go that late would get you a smack in the face.

And I believe that second 1st rounder was from the Gaustad trade. That's going to look great in a few years.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

No

Dobber Sports Stud

Canucks believer, as well as a Sabres follower here!

Props to Regier. Agree, after the PENS stealing the 1st rd. BUF got the solid 2nd place of the draft! Throughout the year, we need a no.1 C...we need this..we need that..

First Hodgson, now double G's...wow! Congrats, cant wait for whats next to come....

Hello Bobby Ryan?!
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Banned

how did the Pens steal the draft?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    how did the Pens steal the draft?
    I think it was by Acquiring Sutter, Dumouilin, Pouliot, Matta and about 3.2M$ in cap Space (Not including the Michalek trade to PHX saving 4M$ more) Thus alloing them to go after B.Ryan,Nash,Parise or Suter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 5hole View Post
    I think it was by Acquiring Sutter, Dumouilin, Pouliot, Matta and about 3.2M$ in cap Space (Not including the Michalek trade to PHX saving 4M$ more) Thus alloing them to go after B.Ryan,Nash,Parise or Suter
    Oh. I thought we were talking about their picks only. I hated their picks personally.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah maybe I'll look stupid in a few years saying this but passing on Forsberg and Grigorenko for Pouliot was dumb as hell.

Back on topic though, I think Derek Roy's days are numbered in Buffalo. Ryan for Roy + ? Could happen.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Yeah maybe I'll look stupid in a few years saying this but passing on Forsberg and Grigorenko for Pouliot was dumb as hell.

Back on topic though, I think Derek Roy's days are numbered in Buffalo. Ryan for Roy + ? Could happen.
    BUF have so many assets now its unbelieveable. Im impressed. Back in november, there were rumours of Ryan to BUF..nothing came of it. Now, omg...asset after asset. Roy is probably on the way out, ANA is in need of a 2nd line C w/ all due respect to S Koivu. If Ryan goes to BUF, I see ANA going after one of the 1st rd picks or one of their young prospects ie. McNabb, Foligno, Tropp +..maybe Roy as part of the salary dump.
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hi Bomm, just wanted to stop by and pay homage to Reiger and the Sabres for snagging two great centers in the first round!

(while at the same time, desperately trying to conceal my bitter jealously of you lucky, lucky bastards. )

Seriously, I think Grigorenko will turn out to be the steal of the draft, and will wind up being this year's Couturier ( a guy that should have gone in the top five, and winds up slipping for some reason, and winds up immediately proving that the teams that passed him up were wrong)

I would have though it was a great pick, even if Reiger had had to swing a deal to move up to snag him, but being able to grab him without having to give anything up is amazing.

Hodgson, and Grigorenko are going to be a dynamite combo down the road!

Girgensons was another I guy i thought would go earlier too, and I was pissed when Holmgren didn't grab him.

Reiger can come out of this looking like an absolute genius if he now turns around and signs Gausted!
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer Fan View Post
    Hi Bomm, just wanted to stop by and pay homage to Reiger and the Sabres for snagging two great centers in the first round!

(while at the same time, desperately trying to conceal my bitter jealously of you lucky, lucky bastards. )

Seriously, I think Grigorenko will turn out to be the steal of the draft, and will wind up being this year's Couturier ( a guy that should have gone in the top five, and winds up slipping for some reason, and winds up immediately proving that the teams that passed him up were wrong)

I would have though it was a great pick, even if Reiger had had to swing a deal to move up to snag him, but being able to grab him without having to give anything up is amazing.

Hodgson, and Grigorenko are going to be a dynamite combo down the road!

Girgensons was another I guy i thought would go earlier too, and I was pissed when Holmgren didn't grab him.

Reiger can come out of this looking like an absolute genius if he now turns around and signs Gausted!
    Thanks, FF, I always appreciate your opinion (and wit). Thanks to all who have posted here, sorry I don't have the time to reply individually, just too damn busy...

But let me say this... I am very happy with Regier's performance last night (haven't looked at today's picks). His patience is to be commended.

I would not have liked unloading assets to move up and grab Grigs at #4 or #5 (see prior posts), but standing firm and allowing him to fall into your lap at #12 was absolutely spectacular.

When I saw Forsberg and Grigs both still on the table at the eleventh pick, I told my bud "watch Regier make a move and get both Forsberg AND Grigs."

Well he didn't do that but he came close. Already owning Calgary's second rounder, and then gaining their original first by moving a late first and their other second rounder was just an awesome play.

Obviously, Girgensons is more long term, but if I am Roy or Luke Adam I am nervous.

......and looking for a realtor to put my house on the market.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Oh. I thought we were talking about their picks only. I hated their picks personally.
    Hahahah I totally agree Ev with there first pick I understand you want Pouliot to go with Morrow but that was reaching for sure... You can not say Maata was a bad pick tho... That could also be a huge huge steal

Anyways back on topic....

I am not a Buf fan but they started to get my attention at the end of the season with the ennis stafford foligno line... Anyways so obviously Hodge has been dealt here to be the number one center with vanek and pomi... Now that leaves ennis and roy?? I think Grigor being on the team is spells the end of Roy (I already thought he was done with them before) SO I think he gets dealt to the ducks for one of DPS Etem or Palmieri+ dp.... but anyways continuing to stray from my point.... How there roster run down? Is ennis a center for life? Does he start second line center next year and when grigor proves everyone wrong and than gets moved up to the 2nd line and plays with ennis and stafford there or what is the outlook of the future?
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Very interesting and somewhat telling post-draft statement by Regier...and I paraphrase, "Easier to move a center to wing, rather than a winger to center (cough-Leino-cough). So if ya have a choice between a talented wing and equally talented center, ya take the center."

Point being, or at least my interpretation of it, by drafting both Grigorenko and Girgensons this then gives Regier wide latitude during free agency.

Here's a scenario, love feedback on this....Regier makes a move for Schultz and gets him. This then allows him more ease at moving a d-man (which he is known to covet).

So he gets Schultz, has Grigs and Gergi, then packages Roy and Sekera+ for Ryan?

Ducks need a dman after losing Gardiner, Schultz and Vishnovsky, and Roy could easily fir as their second line center.

Am i nuts?
    @SmittysRant