Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Sabres

Man. Two short handed goals, Sabres look lazy (with few exception) and they lose at home versus the Rangers.

Goodbye, Lindy.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

get rid of that irritating play caller announcer too why your at it.

Default Senators @ Sabres - 12.13.2011

Ooooooooooo-WEE!! I just luvs me a Senators game! Make sure you all got new batteries in your PIM/Hit counter, cuz it's always a doozy when these two teams meet up for a dance. Sabres are 8-1 in their last nine versus Big Ev's Ice Dancers

• Miller is - IN (thankfully)
    • Weber and Goose returning from injuries, and Kaleta will be a game time decision. McNabb, despite Weber's return, stays up. Ruff on McNasty's performance thus far: He's earned a spot with the way he's played.
    • Szczehura is this weeks winner of the Who Does Lindy Want on the Top Line contest. Good on him, he's earned it, but I laugh at this point knowing full well Lindy's bi-polar manic state will kick in at any moment, and he will embark on yet another line altering whoring spree. In fact, I will now dub the first line Lindy's Lithium Line in honor of Mr. Ruff's apparent disorder.
    • Still not convinced I would ad Szczehura of waivers just yet. Not with any long term gain in mind, anyway....
    • Mr. Kassian meet Mr. Neil; Mr. Konopka meet Mr. McCormick; Mr. Carkner meet Mr. Gaustad - now play nice boys.

Lines at practice:

Vanek-Szczechura-Pominville
    Stafford-Roy-Ennis
    Leino-Adam-Kassian
    McCormick-Gaustad-Ellis/Kaleta

In other news:

• Sabres don't really have to make a move on McNasty's status on the team until Myers returns (few weeks yet)
    • Myers (busted wrist) is skating and doing very light (emphasis added) stick work.
    • Players I like tonight would have to include all the multi-cat boys: Kassian, Gaustad, McNabb, McCormick, Regehr, as well as Adam, Vanek, Szczehura
    • As it is said each...and....every...damn....game...Ennis, Roy and Staff (ie, the 2nd f-ing line) must contribute to the score sheet. Repeat ad nauseum.
    • If you own any Senators and your league rewards SH pts, by all means you start them versus this Sabres team (painful as that is to admit)

That's all for now. Hoped this helped....

EDIT: Starting Pommer wouldn't be the worst thing for ya.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; December 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

I'm gonna ask this again. What's your confidence level out of 10 in seeing a win tonight?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'm gonna ask this again. What's your confidence level out of 10 in seeing a win tonight?
    lol...I thought I banned you?!?

Damnit, MD, ummmmmmmm.....7 out of 10. Considering the guys they have coming back, the turnovers should be minimized. I also believe Miller is turning a corner.

That said, they certainly have their issue at home and the whole second line not scoring thing is always the elephant in the room.

70% is fair. 3-2....5-3 maybe. (It's Anderson in net so....)
    @SmittysRant

Ummmm....did I say 70%??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

Buffalo Sabres (Official Site) >> SABRES RECALL COLIN STUART FROM ROCHESTER buzztap.com/-7IHihC

Default Sabres Update - 12.19.2011

Yeah, I know...I am long overdue. Slacking, as it were.

I suppose I would post more often, were the Sabres winning more games. Sounds like a cop-out, I know, but it's true. I mean....how many times am I suppose to write Roy has one goal in last [insert very high number here] games; or Stafford has one goal in last [insert very high number here] games; or Miller's SP and GAA are a league rank of [insert very high number here]; and blah-blah-blah-blah...until I sound like a cynical, defeatist old bastard???

I mean...I am a cynical old bastard, but I am usually more upbeat about it.

Yes. There are injuries, to be sure - 9 on the list, now including Vanek (did not practice today) and Ennis (redux). In fact, the Sabres could ice only three lines at practice today:

Adam-Szczechura-Pominville
    McCormick-Roy-Stafford
    Ellis-Gaustad-Kassian

But they can't use that as an excuse because it's not as if the Sabres were demolishing opponents prior to the injury bug (not to mention the Pens had their share of players out of the line up). Their play is inconsistent at best, utterly apathetic at worst.

All of them - except Vanek.

Miller was pulled twice Sat night vs the Pens. [ahem] Allow me to repeat that, in case you think that last statement might be a typo. Miller was pulled TWICE in the same game - allowing five goals on 15 shots.

So sayeth Pegula:

We saw some great goaltending tonight, didn't we? Sabres owner Terry Pegula said outside the dressing room. If they think they played well, we've got more problems.

You think this guy became a billionaire by being mister soft-and-mushy?!?

Heads are gonna start rolling soon via trades and firings. Vanek is the only true first line forward on the team, worthy of a spot on the top line. Others have potential to be, but really...under Ruff's tutelage mediocrity is the eventual endpoint under which all players wallow. Vanek is merely the exception that proves the rule.

Look I get the argument that Regeir/Ruff are inextricably linked, and, therefore, you can't fire one w/ out the other following. But this is not Regeir's doing (not entirely). He can't trade for a forward to save his life, but the d-men he's acquired are very good. Not to mention he drafts like a maniac - Garrett Memorial anyone??? Tyler Myers, Luke Adam, Brayden McNabb, Zach Kassian all would be great players, and all due to suffer the ubiquitous locker room disease known as Lazyassus Apatheticae (a/k/a Ruff-itis.

Proponents of Ruff need to stop viewing the second half of the previous 2009-2010 season as the rule, and view it as the exception that it truly is. Ruff has had his moments and should be praised for them, but 1997 is a long damn time ago. Let's keep things in perspective. He is a good coach able to ice a relatively competitive team. No more no less.

He is also a coach who's lost his team. Pegula needs to shake some shit up.

Now.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Wassup w/ Vanek?

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Wassup w/ Vanek?
    John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl
    Thomas Vanek, who missed today's Sabres skate with an upper-body injury, is probable for Tuesday's game in Ottawa.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Thanks, b0ndon. I got so caught up in my rant...suppose I should have clarified Vanek's status.

Looks like they might be calling up Derek Whitmore and/or Marcus Foligno.

Signed,

169 coaching changes in the NHL since Ruff was hired
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Thanks, b0ndon. I got so caught up in my rant...suppose I should have clarified Vanek's status.

Looks like they might be calling up Derek Whitmore and/or Marcus Foligno.

Signed,

169 coaching changes in the NHL since Ruff was hired
    Have you set up the www.firelindyruff.com website yet?

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Have you set up the www.firelindyruff.com website yet?
    lol...nice
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

No problem Bomm!
    Just thought this was an interesting little tidbit, was re-tweeted by one of the Sabres' beat writers

Kris Baker @SabresProspects
    The Sabres will now have their first three picks from '08 (Myers, Ennis, Adam) and '09 (Kassian, McNabb, Foligno) in the lineup. It's 2011.
    Pretty impressive to say the least!
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    No problem Bomm!
    Just thought this was an interesting little tidbit, was re-tweeted by one of the Sabres' beat writers

Pretty impressive to say the least!
    Is Ennis playing tonight? I'm getting conflicting reports on this one...
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson